Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RB next year.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I'm not high on this year's RB class at all yet but I do like: Seastrunk, Hyde and Wilder.

He committed to Oregon originally. Can you imagine that Duck offense w/ him in it right now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get on board w/ Hyde. The guy, based on metrics, should be a monster and have big games all over the place. He doesn't even have a big play every game. Plus he's not much of a receiver which I feel is a necessity.

PM sig requests.
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be in minority but I reserve judgement on McFadden until the end of the season.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
I might be in minority but I reserve judgement on McFadden until the end of the season.

Reserve judgement all you want but the sentiment on DMC has NOTHING to do with his production. If McKenzie got similar production from Jennings & Co. and DMC got a big contract from someone else and was hurt for 4 games and went off in 4 others he'd be more than happy with the reduced impact on the salary cap and the comp pick. DMC is a great player he's just not on the field enough.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
I can't get on board w/ Hyde. The guy, based on metrics, should be a monster and have big games all over the place. He doesn't even have a big play every game. Plus he's not much of a receiver which I feel is a necessity.

Based on what little I've seen of Hyde this season I would guess he'd have to be a national leader in breaking tackles and YAC. Definitely not a homerun hitter I think Hyde's niche is as a consensus fan favorite late rounder value pick rather than a player to build around.

We root for guys like Kellen Hurd, Terdell Sands, David Bass, etc although few turn out to be Rod Smith or Arian Foster.
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I envision we sign Joique Bell and James Starks to 1 year deals. Not too sure of who else is available this offseason, but these two come to mind. We'll probably add one via the draft somewhere in the middle rounds. Just my guess.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latavius Murry will get his shot.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
I envision we sign Joique Bell and James Starks to 1 year deals. Not too sure of who else is available this offseason, but these two come to mind. We'll probably add one via the draft somewhere in the middle rounds. Just my guess.

Joique Bell is a guy I would like to see in Oakland. He's a shifty back who gets downhill.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
not saying he's the answer, but recent practise squad George Winn has a nice turn of pace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwdTstW1Jg
runs real high like dmac runs with a purpose worth a try

Steelers signed George Win to their practise squad (we released him last week, when our own RB's got their health back)
darkchove

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMC is one dimensional and not same dude he was couple yrs ago n never will be same.... I hate the fact his name / rep keeps em in game ... its like having a brett farve who sucks but plays just good enough to keep em in game but eventually hurts in long run.... I so hope we get a scat back like charlie garner next yr instead of these wheatly/dmc type .... im so hoping we find a way to be like the bills of old with jim kelly n thurman thomas run n shoot type... think its time to come back
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Based on what little I've seen of Hyde this season I would guess he'd have to be a national leader in breaking tackles and YAC. Definitely not a homerun hitter I think Hyde's niche is as a consensus fan favorite late rounder value pick rather than a player to build around.

We root for guys like Kellen Hurd, Terdell Sands, David Bass, etc although few turn out to be Rod Smith or Arian Foster.

I've since changed my stance on Hyde. I'm on board w/ him now haha

PM sig requests.
Stix101

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

He has been in best mode lately.

As a buckeye fan it hurts to say this. But it would be cool if he was at Bama.. Roll Hyde!! lol
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFadden missing the rest of the Philly game. He would make a nice change of pace back on a team with an established RB I suppose.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
true2form

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I was gonna ask you what you are smoking jtagg? As we are both in Buckeye Country, I don't know how you could not want Hyde? The guy is a beast who plows over everyone. Does he have the speed? Maybe not, but he can be everything that Michael Bush was and more. I think we all liked Bush when he was here. Hyde doesn't fall down on contact like some backs we have known/know.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true2form wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I was gonna ask you what you are smoking jtagg? As we are both in Buckeye Country, I don't know how you could not want Hyde? The guy is a beast who plows over everyone. Does he have the speed? Maybe not, but he can be everything that Michael Bush was and more. I think we all liked Bush when he was here. Hyde doesn't fall down on contact like some backs we have known/know.

B/c Hyde to me, until this season, wasn't doing what I felt he was capable of. That, to me, says he might not care, he doesn't put in full effort, etc but this year, he has completely gone off. I don't think he was a better prospect than pre-broken-leg Bush. Not too many people were. He was absolutely amazing in college. Hyde has definitely won me over though. I'd be all for taking Hyde later in the draft. I'd be the first to get a jersey also. I'm in!

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: