Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offensive Possibilities
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenboyGB wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
GoldenboyGB wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

Dobson should be a healthy scratch for the remainder of the year. He just can't be trusted. At all.

That's ridiculous. He has the highest potential of all our receivers and he continues to improve each week. With one less game under his belt due to his inactive status week 1, Dobson has caught 19 balls out of 39 targets for 230 yards. In those 5 games KT has caught 17 balls out of 36 targets for 276 yards.

Dobson has caught 47% of his targets and KT has caught 42% of his targets. Guess they should both be game day inactives from here on out. Time to roll with three slot receivers and Josh Boyce, that's the best thing to do obviously. I mean Boyce has caught 1 of his 6 targets so far this year, and that is clearly the guy who should be on the field instead.

So did Brandon Tate and Taylor Price. Just because we don't have Moss, Welker, Hernandez and Gronk to keep Dobson out of the starting line up, doesn't mean he should be considered better than Price or Tate.

Dobson has been called upon to make plays at important junctures this season and has failed in nearly all of them. When the game isn't on the line or it isn't an important 3rd down, he can (sometimes) make plays, when we really need him, he folds like wet tissue paper.

Essentially, Dobson is Tate or Price but being forced to start because of injuries, unlike Tate and Price, who sat, learned under the tutelage of the coaches and Moss/Welker and sucked, and eventually were cut.

If Dobson and Tate/Price switched circumstances, nothing would change.

Kind of hard to say that when Dobson is a better pure receiver than both the guys your naming. Trust me I understand Dobson isn't lighting it up right now but he's a rookie. Not everyone can come in and just dominate from the start.

His top end speed is quite good, his route running and getting off the line is getting better. To add it all on he has elite hamstrings (for you NBT) seriously though making Dobson a healthy scratch because he's not come up big in some if not most opportunities he's been called upon is more due to the fact he's a rookie still learning.

He's got the most potential in our entire lineup and he's better than any rookie wideout we've drafted. He's going to continue getting snaps and looks from Tom the more that dola misses games.

Gronk is going to do wonders for Dobson and thompkins.

I don't expect Dobson to dominate. I expect his contributions to the offense to be positive. So far, he's had less than a handful of positive plays. Even his TD against the Jets was an easy, wide open catch, a couple of catches in the 1st half of the Atlanta game, and the first half of the New Orleans game, every other time he's been called upon he's either run the wrong route, failed to catch the ball etc. Even the long catch and run against the Bengals was ruined by poor reading of blocks and failing to secure the ball.

I just cannot trust Dobson to make the correct play and execute it to the level that the Patriots offense requires, and for that reason, he shouldn't play until he can be trusted more often than not.

Tell me then who do you want on the field when Dobson is a healthy scratch. Thompkins and Amendola are basically the guaranteed starters when he's healthy. Next for the current season is Edelman so that's the three set. Four and basically the spot guy collie? The fifth guy basically the nobody just there in case of injury would be Boyce.

Sorry. Unless dobson begins to absolutely stinking in practice he will become a scratch but his playing time is growing not decreasing. I rather Boyce magically end up on IR or at least be the KR man.

Gronk, Collie, Vereen (when he returns)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: