Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame Discussion: Packers defeat Ravens 19-17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CheeseheadinMA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBitzMan wrote:
CheeseheadinMA wrote:
Didn't know where to put this, but:

Quote:
"He's playing some really adverse football," McCarthy said of Rodgers. "This is very healthy for our football team in the long run. I don't like it. I don't like that I have to stand here and talk about the health of our team every week, but let's not forget who that affects most on offense. He's been asked to do things on the run that he's adapted to. He's played through some frustrating moments.

“I like him when he's salty and conflicting and all that. It’s good to see that side of him. They’re all competitive, don’t get me wrong, but he has a tremendous competitive streak in him. That's why sometimes I think we can all get caught up in the numbers and go 'wow.' But I really like the way he's playing right now."

If the injuries prevent the Packers from using their preferred spread offense, at least they have a renewed running game to fall back on. They ranked sixth in the league in rushing yards per game (140.8 ) through Sunday’s games.

However, it might be tougher to run if teams don't have to respect Rodgers and the passing game as much.

From: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/62217/how-injuries-impact-the-packers-offense

That last sentence kind of made me Twisted Evil

AARON RODGERS CHIP ON SHOULDER ACTIVATE

You will always have to respect Rodgers, just like the teams playing Brady still respect him even with their scrubs. Jordy/Jmic/Boykin are still superior to Dobson/Edleman/Thompkins/Unknown TE

Yea I actually thought it was reaching quite a bit to say that about Rodgers and the passing game. BUT, if that did start to happen I have no doubt that Aaron would take full advantage. Also, any time something derogatory is written about Aaron, I feel like a little voice in the back of his head alerts him to it and makes him angry...that can only be a good thing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think sometimes because of 2010, we naturally get the expectations that injuries are just no excuse to lose anything. While there is truth to that in that most teams can play the cards their dealt, there does come a point at which they can become just a little too much to overcome. In our case, Idk, but I think the offense while it can get the job done will be dealing with a little less explosive play on the field because of this.
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People talking poorly about Aaron Rodgers is exactly what he needs. Rodgers has been a player that excels when he has a chip on his shoulder, from the questions of his leadership ability from 2 of his former receivers to our run game outplaying him so far I think will push him to become amazing down the stretch.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinapacker1 wrote:
I also think sometimes because of 2010, we naturally get the expectations that injuries are just no excuse to lose anything. While there is truth to that in that most teams can play the cards their dealt, there does come a point at which they can become just a little too much to overcome. In our case, Idk, but I think the offense while it can get the job done will be dealing with a little less explosive play on the field because of this.

I think most guys that know football know the offense is going to be at a disadvantage. But I think it's true that most have gotten sick of the high octane offense getting to the playoffs and not having the physicality to really compete due to cold weather.

Everyone likes to say the loss to the Giants in 2011 was defensive. It wasn't. The offense crapped the bed. 4 turn overs... Rodgers throws the ball 46 times for 264 yds and an INT. Sacked 4 times... Before anyone tries to say, "hey, look at the rush yard..." 66 of the 147 were off QB scrambles.

Right now, we have a run game and Jordy. The defense is playing very well and getting better every week. That's more than enough to score some points and control games, especially with the teams the Pack are up against in the near future. There's not reason the Pack shouldn't be favored.

Considering there are no extra points awarded for style I'm happy with lower scored games that might appear ugly. It's practice for the cold in January.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
carolinapacker1 wrote:

I think most guys that know football know the offense is going to be at a disadvantage. But I think it's true that most have gotten sick of the high octane offense getting to the playoffs and not having the physicality to really compete due to cold weather.

Everyone likes to say the loss to the Giants in 2011 was defensive. It wasn't. The offense crapped the bed. 4 turn overs... Rodgers throws the ball 46 times for 264 yds and an INT. Sacked 4 times... Before anyone tries to say, "hey, look at the rush yard..." 66 of the 147 were off QB scrambles.

Right now, we have a run game and Jordy. The defense is playing very well and getting better every week. That's more than enough to score some points and control games, especially with the teams the Pack are up against in the near future. There's not reason the Pack shouldn't be favored.

Considering there are no extra points awarded for style I'm happy with lower scored games that might appear ugly. It's practice for the cold in January.

I think the win over the Ravens is one that can define a team's season and identity.
dijatool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
carolinapacker1 wrote:

I think the win over the Ravens is one that can define a team's season and identity.

Much like the hard fought 0-9 win against the Jets in 2010, I really liked this game.

chucknorris101

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the blowout of the Texans last year.

We always start slow, have some kind of statement game then go on a run.

(I called it too, 10-2 here we come)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
BrettFavre004 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
So on the 3rd and 1 where Franklin falls on the toss, Jermichael Finley jacks up Terrell Suggs so hard he flies off both feet and takes out the lineman next to him as well. He's improving week in and week out this year, he's a guy I hope we can resign.

I need a .gif of that. Was beautiful.

Finley got fined almost 16k for this, no fine for Elam, what a joke.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought blocks like that were legal though? Did they change the rules?
squire12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the Finley fine for hitting Suggs up at his head? That is all I could think of that would warrant a fine. I do not feel that the Elam hit on Cobb was fineable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: