Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PUP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMcKay16

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:
I didn't see it's own thread, so thought bumping this was easier. Just to note Sherrod has been practicing all week. Not sure if we can really expect anything from him and Bak is holding is own. However, with all the injury news I thought it is a nice change of pace to get some positive news about someone.

...and you were right good sir. Can't wait to see this thing play out with Sherrod. A healthy Sherrod has the most god given talent of the position group on this Packers club. What has been lost? Sadly, there is a good chance we will not see until next season unless injury hits. Mac is not the type of coach that is going to move them around in season unless one of them is clearly a weak link. Though I for one feel Sherrod is(or was) three times the tackle prospect Barclay is, Barclay has not played himself out of a job.

In a ideal world:

2014 OL
LT - Sherrod - Newhouse
LG - Sitton - Barclay - Tretter
C - Bak - Tretter - Barclay
RG - Lang - Barclay - Tretter
RT - Bulaga - Newhouse

I like the looks of it. Do you think they would move Bak to center though? He seems like a good fit, just hard to see them making that move without him having the experience there.

LIS, that's in a ideal world where Sherrod has not lost a step and you want to get your best five on the field. I do feel Bak could play center though and can tell you for a fact many teams graded him out there. Very high football IQ and the movement skills work also. There would clearly be some growing pains but I bet Bak would get that thing right quicker than most.

If you were able to get Sherrod back out there next year at LT, and Bulaga back at RT would you keep Sitton and Lang where they are or move them back to their old positions and why? Just curious, thanks!
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
If anyone of these guys on the PUP gets cut, I've got a feeling it'll be Sherrod. He is Harrell 2.0.

Nothing like Harrell - I suggest you do your homework on that leg injury.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
If anyone of these guys on the PUP gets cut, I've got a feeling it'll be Sherrod. He is Harrell 2.0.

Nothing like Harrell - I suggest you do your homework on that leg injury.

C'mon man, research is for other teams' fans. Packer fans know all.

Sig brought to you by Justo
rbens06

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:
I didn't see it's own thread, so thought bumping this was easier. Just to note Sherrod has been practicing all week. Not sure if we can really expect anything from him and Bak is holding is own. However, with all the injury news I thought it is a nice change of pace to get some positive news about someone.

...and you were right good sir. Can't wait to see this thing play out with Sherrod. A healthy Sherrod has the most god given talent of the position group on this Packers club. What has been lost? Sadly, there is a good chance we will not see until next season unless injury hits. Mac is not the type of coach that is going to move them around in season unless one of them is clearly a weak link. Though I for one feel Sherrod is(or was) three times the tackle prospect Barclay is, Barclay has not played himself out of a job.

In a ideal world:

2014 OL
LT - Sherrod - Newhouse
RT - Bulaga - Newhouse

That is what I was thinking too, minus Newhouse because his contract is up and I do not know if he will want to resign as a backup, but like you said it is ideal.

Mainly hoping that Sherrod can show enough in practice to be on the 53 the rest of this year even if it is just to practice and knock some of the rust off. Maybe if he shows enough he can be the swing tackle on the game day roster, but until he proves it is practice consistently I think Newhouse has that locked down.
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMcKay16 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:

In a ideal world:

2014 OL
LT - Sherrod - Newhouse
RT - Bulaga - Newhouse

I like the looks of it. Do you think they would move Bak to center though? He seems like a good fit, just hard to see them making that move without him having the experience there.

LIS, that's in a ideal world where Sherrod has not lost a step and you want to get your best five on the field. I do feel Bak could play center though and can tell you for a fact many teams graded him out there. Very high football IQ and the movement skills work also. There would clearly be some growing pains but I bet Bak would get that thing right quicker than most.

If you were able to get Sherrod back out there next year at LT, and Bulaga back at RT would you keep Sitton and Lang where they are or move them back to their old positions and why? Just curious, thanks!

I think it's six of one and a half dozen the other in terms of final grades. Their games play a little different when you flip them but the final grades are about the same at this point. Good chance the growing pains in that move are over. I would have flipped them back the sec Bulaga went down but I see no real reason to do so at this point. It really comes down to if you want a hair(and I mean a hair) more in the run game or if you want a hair(again, I mean a hair) more in pass pro. Sitton's heavy anchor plays very well for him at RG in pass pro but Lang has better drive skills than Sitton, ect.

At the end of the day, it matters not IMO. Really is splitting hairs with those two. The Packers are lucky to have that guard combo no matter how you play them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:

In a ideal world:

2014 OL
LT - Sherrod - Newhouse
RT - Bulaga - Newhouse

That is what I was thinking too, minus Newhouse because his contract is up and I do not know if he will want to resign as a backup, but like you said it is ideal.

Mainly hoping that Sherrod can show enough in practice to be on the 53 the rest of this year even if it is just to practice and knock some of the rust off. Maybe if he shows enough he can be the swing tackle on the game day roster, but until he proves it is practice consistently I think Newhouse has that locked down.

Yeah, hard to say what the future holds for Newhouse. Clearly he needs to move on if another team gives him starter money. But if not, good chance TT will bring him back. Damn nice guy to have around if the money works. I'm 50/50 on him getting another starter look elsewhere right now. Then again, Spitz got paid and Newhouse is a much better football player. Hard to say. LIS, that's my ideal world for the Packers line. Very good chance something will come up and it falls a bit short of that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: