Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marcus Cooper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of off topic, but I think I heard Cris Collinsworth say of the 12 Chiefs TDs, five of them have come from either the defense or STs? Shocked

That can't be right, can it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Yes, keep your second rounder and I'll keep this young stud with unlimited potential who is already helping us win games.

I think nearly all Chiefs fans would agree with me. At least at this point since we have seen nothing but great things from Cooper.

No one is denying that he's looked good so far... just saying that I need to see much more if you're talking about trading a second round pick. Especially given the weak schedule, and ridiculous passrush he clearly benefits from.

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Kind of off topic, but I think I heard Cris Collinsworth say of the 12 Chiefs TDs, five of them have come from either the defense or STs? Shocked

If he said that, he didn't mean "scoring TDs" by the D. Maybe he meant TD scores AFTER the D took the ball away? I don't know.

Alex has 7 TD passes... Charles has 5 TDs... Looks like 3 other TDs came from INTs by Hali, Abdullah, and Berry.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

If he said that, he didn't mean "scoring TDs" by the D. Maybe he meant TD scores AFTER the D took the ball away? I don't know.

Alex has 7 TD passes... Charles has 5 TDs... Looks like 3 other TDs came from INTs by Hali, Abdullah, and Berry.

I remember one incredible punt return for a TD.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Thank you, I knew something seemed off with that statement. I just think he misread the statistics himself.

Don't forget, Chiefs also have two STs TDs from Cooper and McCluster. At least he got the five TDs part right Laughing .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you all love your former Niners and like to keep up with them.. thought you'd enjoy this read on Cooper. No gloating here.. just wanted to share as this season.. on this forum and others.. I've met a lot of Niner nation due to Alex and Cooper. Ya'll have a loyal fan base. Peace NN!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1837649-marcus-cooper-highlighting-the-nfls-most-quietly-impressive-rookie
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Cooper is an ex girlfriend who after I dumped got extremely hot, got a promotion in her job where she's making more than me now, and is now dating a guy who has washboard abs instead of my beer gut....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
I feel like Cooper is an ex girlfriend who after I dumped got extremely hot, got a promotion in her job where she's making more than me now, and is now dating a guy who has washboard abs instead of my beer gut....

Yea she is in love with me know, or... wait... we need to get in a corner with oldman and open a beer.

Thanks y2 for the sig - and it has nothing to do with the trash who wore number 32 (I had to look it up, he will stay unnamed).
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I root hard for Cooper every week and want him to do good. Sucks we released him but it is what it is. The trio you guys have at CB is damn good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Sherman - late round pick who was converted from WR to DB

Marcus Cooper - late round pick who was converted from WR to DB

I wish I had more time to check out what other NFL DBs made this transition but there could definitely be a trend here. I'd much rather take a late round-project type player, a la Cooper, than take a first round guy.

Compare Cooper and Sherman to Prince Amukamara, Jimmy Smith, Stephon Gilmore and Dre Kirpatrick.

The latter 4 were mid-late 1st round picks who have yet to live up the 1st round "hype". Given that we will most likely be drafting on the backside of the first round, I wouldn't want to take a DB there given there's probably malleable talent available later in the draft

I know this was really random but I just wanted to make that observation.... Shocked
o_0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I wish we still had him, it is still important to notice the quality of QBs KC has faced this year (or lack thereof).

Cully Archipelago>>>Cooper

BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we get to soon find out just how real this secondary is. They will be facing Manning X2, Rivers X2, and Luck.

But imagine Cully AND Cooper together for the next 5 or so years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
While I wish we still had him, it is still important to notice the quality of QBs KC has faced this year (or lack thereof).

Who is BP and why on Earth did he say what is in your sig? Laughing

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper is a boss, no need to hate on him. It will be interesting to see how he holds up against the top QBs that he faces the rest of the way. I have a feeling the secondary will have some rough spots in some of the upcoming games.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
o_0 wrote:

Who is BP and why on Earth did he say what is in your sig? Laughing

He's some hater Raider fan I'm pretty sure. Tbh I've had that quote so long I don't really remember the context of the discussion. Laughing

BP wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: