Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 (vs Colts) GDT: Bird is the Word edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did I miss using this one earlier?

Sig by IDOG_det
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM A ONE MAN THREAD!

And I've got a TWERKING PONY!

Sig by IDOG_det
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I finally finished watching...

The line played pretty good for the most part. Dunlap did a good job against Mathis, which was key. Clary messed up a lot less than usual. Troutman can block, but he really needs to hold still.

Call of the night... "Bringing pressure is the only way San Diego is getting legitimate pressure". And there were people that wanted him as the HC....

Pags got creative tonight, and it helped a lot. The record might be a lot better if he was doing stuff like this when there were real rushers around.

Brown has a little Floyd in him.

I'm extremely impressed with how Allen makes up for a lack of speed y doing everything else so well. No injury and a 4.5, and he would have gone at the top of the draft.

Mathews ran like a man tonight, so did Woodhead.

He's bigger, and he can catch, but Woodhead can't block like Sproles. Stupid AJ.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one's for your Drewby!

Fluker blocking;

Clary blocking:

Sig by IDOG_det
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth in gifs.

Wilkieray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the blocking gif's. I have to say Mathews ran well tonight and closed the game with big first down. There were a few runs that with better vision he would have took to the house. He has been holding onto the ball well as of late as well. Is it impossible that his vision could still improve and he could become that back! He runs hard, is strong and fast and hits like a truck. Vision, balance and desire must improve. I do have to say that it irks me when he goes down from a simple arm tackle. But, unlike most I have not written him off. Shoot my jersey is still almost new. Can't write him off until the numbers start fading off.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am i the only one who jut doesn't understand how Pagano can wait till all of our good players are hurt on defense and then scheme it and make our defense better....?

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Neutral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Pags got creative tonight, and it helped a lot. The record might be a lot better if he was doing stuff like this when there were real rushers around.

That was nice to see, along with the DL showing signs of life. I get the feeling that Pags is a guy who needs to be the DC under a defensive-minded HC to thrive. It seems to have worked wonders with Manusky. Indy came into the game with one of the best 3rd down defenses in the league - and credit to the offense for going 7-of-14 against them.

Quote:
I'm extremely impressed with how Allen makes up for a lack of speed y doing everything else so well. No injury and a 4.5, and he would have gone at the top of the draft.

I can't believe that I was even remotely disappointed that the Saints snagged Terron Armstead with the pick ahead of us.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Am i the only one who jut doesn't understand how Pagano can wait till all of our good players are hurt on defense and then scheme it and make our defense better....?

He's not alone in that. It's the exact same thing that both Manusky and Fat Teddy did as well. They were never able to sustain it, but the few defensive gem games they managed came when we were at our most banged-up.

Sig by IDOG_det
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:

I was actually getting mad while I was watching. I was happy they were winning, but I was so mad about the wasted games.

Wilkieray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only question is if we move forward or go back to conserva-D.
Zappaz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win for the team against a good opponent. Nice to see Mathews finally getting another 100 yard game (first since Dec 2011 !?!) and the D really stepped up even with so many guys out. When this offense is going it is fun to watch though completely different than what we've become accustom to seeing. Four drives with double digit plays is just dominant, especially with the injuries we have.

Oh, we must make a Joe D fanclub or something... the guy has done an amazing job with this offensive line through all the injuries.

I thought it was funny last night when they were talking during Indy's last drive about our DBs not having an INT, I actually said before the Luck INT that Cox would get one to ice the game... boy was I shocked when seconds later it actually happened lol.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

I was actually getting mad while I was watching. I was happy they were winning, but I was so mad about the wasted games.

It's a shame because Butler is a force when he blitzes, but Pagano prefers to drop him in coverage. I was impressed with Johnny Patrick, he may be made of glass, but he can blitz and had a nice pass breakup.
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing that got me heated about this game was the decision to kick the FG near the end of the game on 4 and less than 1. We all know what happened and that Novak killed the kick like a boss, but was that really the right call. You pretty much put the game away with a 1/2 yard run which Im sure the % vs a 50+ yard kick is much better. Plus running there shows the coaches belief in the team to execute. A run there would have said, "we are going to beat you and you can't do anything about it". And had we not made the kick they would have had a VERY short field to work with. I want to see that confidence maybe even a little cockyness from our team. I think that we need that to have the "killer" mentality. Otherwise we will keep playing these 3-6 point games and never really putting teams away.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't decide for the GIF medium for the Jags game... cat GIF's or mustache GIF's?

So in the mean time...

Sig by IDOG_det

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: