Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tennessee Titans (3-2) @ Seattle Seahawks (4-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animaltested

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a tough pill to swallow....

but maybe.... the Seahawks are not as good as we thought. Yes injuries are a problem, but it has been a team wide ... mediocrity. How long can the Hawks rely on teams making mistakes? Is that a sustainable ideology in the playoffs?

NO.

Maybe Im being hyperbole. The team is 5-1. But honestly, has this team looked like a Super Bowl contender? Be for real. It is a realistic question, because our team is young, and so many important pieces will be FA soon. As a franchise, this year is vital. ( how many years longer do we get Russell Wilson for under 1 mil a year. How much longer do we get Wright, Wagner, Baldwin, Tate, Okung, Thomas, or Sherman on rookie deals?)

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animaltested wrote:

but maybe.... the Seahawks are not as good as we thought. Yes injuries are a problem, but it has been a team wide ... mediocrity. How long can the Hawks rely on teams making mistakes? Is that a sustainable ideology in the playoffs?

NO.

Maybe Im being hyperbole. The team is 5-1. But honestly, has this team looked like a Super Bowl contender? Be for real. It is a realistic question, because our team is young, and so many important pieces will be FA soon. As a franchise, this year is vital. ( how many years longer do we get Russell Wilson for under 1 mil a year. How much longer do we get Wright, Wagner, Baldwin, Thomas, or Sherman on rookie deals?)
The thing is, we're making big mistakes too and still winning.

There's a difference between maxing out as an above average team and what we're doing. We're playing ugly football and still winning. That's a testament to a lot of talent.

The OL issues may be the death of us however.

Sherman and Thomas will get contracts after this year. Russ and probably Wagner the year after. Technically we could wait two more offseasons until they are free agents.

I doubt we pay Wright to keep him around.

Rice and Miller have huge cap hits and guaranteed at least one of them will be cut to make room if there's not some serious restructuring.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
animaltested

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
animaltested wrote:

NO.

Maybe Im being hyperbole. The team is 5-1. But honestly, has this team looked like a Super Bowl contender? Be for real. It is a realistic question, because our team is young, and so many important pieces will be FA soon. As a franchise, this year is vital. ( how many years longer do we get Russell Wilson for under 1 mil a year. How much longer do we get Wright, Wagner, Baldwin, Thomas, or Sherman on rookie deals?)

There's a difference between maxing out as an above average team and what we're doing. We're playing ugly football and still winning. That's a testament to a lot of talent.

Sherman and Thomas will get contracts after this year. Russ and probably Wagner the year after. Technically we could wait two more offseasons until they are free agents.

Rice and Miller have huge cap hits and guaranteed at least one of them will be cut to make room if there's not some serious restructuring.

Can they make these mistakes against the Saints, and win?

Can they make these mistakes against the 49ers or Packers on the road and win?

If the answer is no, then this year is a wasted year. (due to contracts)

Now, if the offensive line and defense settle down as the Hawks get healthy, it is a moot point. But they looked horrible in Carolina, Week 1. And honestly, outside of Jacksonville, nothing has looked good. Its been hold your water and let the opponent make a mistakes (emphasis on MISTAKESSSSSSS). I really dont think that is a successful strategy against the better teams in the NFC or NFL. Until I see some consistency in all three of the facets (special teams, offensive, defensive,) Ill stay luke-warm.

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animaltested wrote:

NO.

Maybe Im being hyperbole. The team is 5-1. But honestly, has this team looked like a Super Bowl contender? Be for real. It is a realistic question, because our team is young, and so many important pieces will be FA soon. As a franchise, this year is vital. ( how many years longer do we get Russell Wilson for under 1 mil a year. How much longer do we get Wright, Wagner, Baldwin, Tate, Okung, Thomas, or Sherman on rookie deals?)

I completely agree. This team has not looked truly elite in any one game this year and you have to have those type of performances to be a Super Bowl contender. You're not going to beat teams like the Saints and Patriots playing crappy football.

With that said, I also agree with the stance that it is awfully impressive that we have a 5-1 record to show for not being able to put it all together yet. It almost looks as if the team is bored right now because they expect to be in the playoffs. We've reached the top now, and I hope we're not taking our opponents lightly because of it.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animaltested wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
animaltested wrote:

NO.

Can they make these mistakes against the Saints, and win?

Can they make these mistakes against the 49ers or Packers on the road and win?

If the answer is no, then this year is a wasted year. (due to contracts)

Now, if the offensive line and defense settle down as the Hawks get healthy, it is a moot point. But they looked horrible in Carolina, Week 1. And honestly, outside of Jacksonville, nothing has looked good. Its been hold your water and let the opponent make a mistakes (emphasis on MISTAKESSSSSSS). I really dont think that is a successful strategy against the better teams in the NFC or NFL. Until I see some consistency in all three of the facets (special teams, offensive, defensive,) Ill stay luke-warm.
I'm not saying that we can. I agree we're not playing in a way that's going to win us those pivotal games right now. What I am saying is that are playing isn't indicative of being a mediocre team. It's indicative of an injured team that is playing some sloppy football.

What does all that mean? It means we have the potential to improve.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been happy with the way this team has played thus far its the NFL you aren't going to dominate week in and week out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: