Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Addressing the Elephant in the room (Bridgewater vs. Eli)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Cast your ballot!
Option A (Bridgewater)
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Option B (Manning)
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 16

GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade down and stockpile picks. Eli isn't the problem. This time next year I expect Tuck, Kiwi, Rolle, Baas, Webster, Myers, Snee, Diehl, Herzlich, to be gone and there will be a ton of cap space. Decent draft with some FAs to rebuild both lines and we're back to biz. I do hope we trade Nicks and pick up decent pick(s). Randle will be better. Love Nicks but too injury prone and will be too expensive. Sell high. Coughlin will stay and hopefully everyone else will go.

I like what Beason and Paysinger bring, Will Hill, Stevie Brown, Patterson, Big Hank and old man Rogers bring for us up the middle. Prince and McBride with more experience will be fine. Moore, another DE or 2 and we're off to the races.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quarterback isn't the problem. Rebuild the lines and drafting competent LB's is the key. All the offensive struggles will be alleviated with a few key Oline additions.

Eli still has 4-5 years of good play in him. I know he stinks this year and I give him his due blame but we all know why he is forcing things.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Eli isnt the problem. Youre going too far.

He will get out of this bubble or major slump. If we're in position to draft Teddy, we do what the Rams did.

I don't think Eli is in a slump. It's pretty much the same ol' Eli. The difference is that the Giants don't have the defense to bail him out like in year's past.

Anywho... I voted option B. Let's keep Eli around as long as Romo is with the Cowboys. 50% of the fun of this board is the back and forth between giants/cowboys fans and their QBs.

Yes, because Eli throws 15 interceptions in the first 6 games every year Rolling Eyes

Dallas fans are enjoying themselves seeing Eli stink this year. Let them have their fun. If you only had 1 playoff win in 13 seasons you would lower your standards of what makes you happy too. The Giants being 0-6 is like a Super Bowl victory to them. Wink

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got no issue with them making fun of him for playing terrible. Cause he is. But the "he's always been like this, the D just bails him out" is just silly.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though this would never happen as we will have more wins than the Jags, I'll bite.

No way we draft Teddy. Eli still has time left and needs help. If we brought in a rookie with the current state of our o-line, we be one of the worst teams in the league again.

There are a lot of high profile college players that would be great for the Giants high in the 1st round: OTs Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews. LBs Anthony Barr and CJ Mosely. If you wanna continue pipedreams, DE Jadeveon Clowney.

There is no need to blow up this team by starting fresh with a new QB. Fix our weaknesses and you will see the Eli we are used to seeing again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all need to ask ourselves if we are going to have a new GM/coaching staff. It is rare that a new staff comes in and keeps the current quarterback. I personally think it would be a bad idea to move on from Eli.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Eli isnt the problem. Youre going too far.

He will get out of this bubble or major slump. If we're in position to draft Teddy, we do what the Rams did.

I don't think Eli is in a slump. It's pretty much the same ol' Eli. The difference is that the Giants don't have the defense to bail him out like in year's past.

Anywho... I voted option B. Let's keep Eli around as long as Romo is with the Cowboys. 50% of the fun of this board is the back and forth between giants/cowboys fans and their QBs.

You mean like when he won the SB with a negative point differential on the season, that defense? Dont be [inappropriate/removed] dense

2 points:

1. That same defense allowed, on average, less than 14 PPG over the final 6 games (last 2 regular season games and 4 playoff games). In no game that season when Eli was in a "win or go home game" did the defense allow more than 20 points. So, yes, the defense 100% carried the giants to the SB.

2. You talk about the defense giving up more points than the offense scored for the entire season. Good point. So, what was Eli's record before the defense got healthy and got hot over the final 6 games? Oh, that's right... it wasn't so good. The giants were on the outside looking in until the defense took over. Eli could do no more than play .500 while the defense was below par.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

1. That same defense allowed, on average, less than 14 PPG over the final 6 games (last 2 regular season games and 4 playoff games). In no game that season when Eli was in a "win or go home game" did the defense allow more than 20 points. So, yes, the defense 100% carried the giants to the SB.

Just because you type this multiple times in multiple threads doesn't make it true. Yes the defense "improved" it's play over the course of those 6 games. But guess what. So did Eli. Eli CARRIED the team to the playoffs and then elevated his game in a nearly flawless 6 game run including 4 playoff games. The defense played well. Eli played amazing.

The_Slamman wrote:

2. You talk about the defense giving up more points than the offense scored for the entire season. Good point. So, what was Eli's record before the defense got healthy and got hot over the final 6 games? Oh, that's right... it wasn't so good. The giants were on the outside looking in until the defense took over. Eli could do no more than play .500 while the defense was below par.

We were 7-7 and well in the playoff hunt. At that point Eli had put up 4,362 yds and 25 TDS. He carried us when the defense sucked. And just like the 2007 season played nearly flawless football over the course of 6 games and delivered a 2nd Lombardi. Once again the defense improved and played well and Eli played amazing.

reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

2 points:

I'll take it from here.

The defense definitely stepped up in the Playoffs no doubt and the last 2 games of the reg season. Eli is as big a reason if not bigger of why we won the SB over our defense. Your logic is appalling. So if the defense plays well, we totally ignore the play of Eli and we say Eli was carried. Idiotic. If Eli got carried by the defense in the 2nd SB run, then what did the Jets defense do with Sanchez in their back to back AFC Championship appearances.

It was 7-7, thats what it was. The defense was so bad that it was hard to overcome. Our defense was bad all year. What was the record at the halfway mark, was it not 6-2? and that was in spite of our defense. Then it got worse and worse. As a cowboys fan you should be able to recognise a horrific defense because what else explains 3 years consecutively of missing the playoffs?

I guess the cowboys have lowered their expectations. Not surprising, one playoff win this century.

Bottom line, if you think the Giants wouldve won the SB with decent QB play then youre just an idiot.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
Even though this would never happen as we will have more wins than the Jags, I'll bite.

No way we draft Teddy. Eli still has time left and needs help. If we brought in a rookie with the current state of our o-line, we be one of the worst teams in the league again.

There are a lot of high profile college players that would be great for the Giants high in the 1st round: OTs Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews. LBs Anthony Barr and CJ Mosely. If you wanna continue pipedreams, DE Jadeveon Clowney.

There is no need to blow up this team by starting fresh with a new QB. Fix our weaknesses and you will see the Eli we are used to seeing again.

You say this like we're far superior than them Laughing

Not a Knicks fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: