Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JaDeveon Clowney: Do we have a shot at him?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I'd still take the best LT on the board, honestly. Unless it's Koujandijo. I feel he projects almost exclusively to RT.

I think he's fine in a power blocking scheme at LT, but I would also be much more comfortable with pretty much any other first round tackle playing there.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are not at all concerned that Clowney hasn't played like he did last year, and that his character has come into question? I mean he sat out last week just because he felt like it.

Is he going to be motivated to play once he signs a multi million dollar contract?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
You guys are not at all concerned that Clowney hasn't played like he did last year, and that his character has come into question? I mean he sat out last week just because he felt like it.

Is he going to be motivated to play once he signs a multi million dollar contract?

He's had some lingering injury issues, apparently they kept him from being in game shape for what he has played of this season.

Its definitely a concern, but a lot of people had the same type of questions about Julius Peppers and Mario Williams when they were in the same situation as him, and they turned out fine. Its something teams definitely need to dig deeper into, I doubt it will matter at all for his stock though.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Tackle yesterday.... Guess he forgot to turn on the Beast Mode switch? Surprised

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
1 Tackle yesterday.... Guess he forgot to turn on the Beast Mode switch? Surprised

See people like you just think by looking at his stats showed how well he played. False. He brought pressure all day, was double teamed 90% of the time and Arkansas kept running the ball away from him most of the game.
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

See people like you just think by looking at his stats showed how well he played. False. He brought pressure all day, was double teamed 90% of the time and Arkansas kept running the ball away from him most of the game.

Not to mention Arkansas game planned to run away from him the whole game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

I'm sorry man, I didn't see the game! Sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the philosophy of BPA in the first round but it'd be criminal to go another year without putting a great talent on the offense to work with Cam.
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
I like the philosophy of BPA in the first round but it'd be criminal to go another year without putting a great talent on the offense to work with Cam.

It's a hard hard decision to make, which is why I feel if Hardy is out of the picture, we'd taken Clowney, no questions asked. Could you imagine him and Star playing side by side? Shocked BPA has not failed us in recent years, look at Cam, Luke, and Star.

He's a local guy, went to college local, so I could assume he would have no problem playing for the Panthers.

More than likely though, we'd trade back accumulate picks ala Rams with the RG3 situation, but I'd be happy to take a first round OT and WR, then take a BPA with our 2nd.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your current defense stays healthy you have a better chance of catching the Saints than landing Clowney.

That defense is going to keep you guys in basically every game you play this season.

If Cam Newton can win 6 or 7 games with a below average or atrocious defense, I feel like this could be the year he finally gets that elusive winning record with an elite one
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
If your current defense stays healthy you have a better chance of catching the Saints than landing Clowney.

That defense is going to keep you guys in basically every game you play this season.

If Cam Newton can win 6 or 7 games with a below average or atrocious defense, I feel like this could be the year he finally gets that elusive winning record with an elite one

I hope you are right!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:

He definitely has the defense to succeed, but he will have to turn the corner himself and become the mature leader he needs to be for this team to win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: