Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013/2014 Too Early Draft Database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: The 2013/2014 Too Early Draft Database Reply with quote

Here's my 2nd installment of this thread. With the college football season kicking off here I figured this was a perfect time to start my 'Too Early' thread on draft eligible prospects. I spend a good chunk of my free time scouting college prospects and I'd definitely call it my #1 hobby. Some of you know I used to scout for a drafting website but I recently quit with college graduation right around the corner.

With all of that said, this thread certainly isn't for me alone. I'd love to hear about the prospects you guys like and the ones you think fit the Seahawks. It's always fun hearing about guys for the first time that are just coming on the scene.

I'll do my best to keep the 1st page updated with all of the players mentioned in this thread so we can keep a directory of who likes who.

So lets get started.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald Powell would be a great fit for us. As would Colt Lyerla or ASJ.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida DL Domonique Easley

Note: If you were here for this thread last year, you'd know I was talking up eventual riser and 1st round pick Shariff Floyd. Easley was also featured in my thread, though the chances of him declaring were slim. Well this year Easley is my spotlight player on this Gators team. I absolutely love his heavy, aggressive hands, but the thing that jumps out the most on Easley is his jump off the snap. It is truly unrivaled in college football. Easley has experience as a 4-3 DE, 3-4 DE, 4-3 UT, and even 3-4 NT on dime packages. Easley reminds me of a more tenacious version of our very own Michael Bennett, and considering Bennett is in a contract year, Easley could be an ideal replacement. His ability on both the interior and perimeter of the DLine is 1st round caliber and that is where I anticipate he'll be selected come April.
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:

I think everyone on this forum loves those 2 TEs. Powell is a nice player, though I'm not sure if I'd stick him at LEO or SLB in this system. He's kind of a misfit for us, though I really like him as a player.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:

I think everyone on this forum loves those 2 TEs. Powell is a nice player, though I'm not sure if I'd stick him at LEO or SLB in this system. He's kind of a misfit for us, though I really like him as a player.

Id stick him at LEO. Hes listed at 240 and at 64, he certainly has the frame to gain 10-15 lbs.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it would be a good fit or not, but Brandon Coleman<3
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officer Ricky wrote:

I don't see why he wouldn't fit. Lets assume Golden Tate is resigned and Sidney Rice is released, I could easily see Coleman being that ideal big bodied possession receiver Pete wants.

With that said, I don't think we'd go WR round 1 even if we did release Rice considering we essentially spent a 1st on the position this year.
sirensong

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Officer Ricky wrote:

I don't see why he wouldn't fit. Lets assume Golden Tate is resigned and Sidney Rice is released, I could easily see Coleman being that ideal big bodied possession receiver Pete wants.

With that said, I don't think we'd go WR round 1 even if we did release Rice considering we essentially spent a 1st on the position this year.

I would have no problem going into next season with Tate Harvin Kearse and Baldwin.

I think Kearse is going to be a player, RW just gushes about him and theres chemistry there.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players I'm watching that, right now, I wouldn't mind on the Hawks. Not every position is really a need, but I am including players that I love to watch and/or play like Hawks already;

** Denotes versatile & looking at this player for more than one position
BOLD Denotes I already want them on the Hawks, but will watch more tape

WR:
Brandon Coleman
Mike Evans [if he declares]

TE:
Colt Lyerla
ASJ
Xavier Grimble
Eric Ebron

OT:
James Hurst
Cameron Erving
Seantrel Henderson

OG:
Xavier Su'a-Filo
David Yankey
Cyril Richardson

LEO:
Kony Ealy - Heard good things, but haven't seen anything yet. Oversized LEO
Aaron Lynch**
Adrian Hubbard

5-TECH:
Stephon Tuitt** No chance, but I like him nearly as much as Clowney....
Henry Anderson**

NT:
Ra'Shede Hageman
DeAndre Coleman

UT:
Will Sutton
Timmy Jernigan
Henry Anderson**
George Uko
Jeoffrey Pagan - Listing him due to rumors of his speed. Need to see some film.

OLB:
Kyle Van Noy
CJ Mosley

Khalil Mack - Not exactly sure where he'd fit best or if he'd fit at all. Dude is talented though.

MLB:
Andrew Jackson - Not a necessity, but I wouldn't want to run near that dude. Add some of that Boom to the LB's. If he fell a bit, I'd take him for value. Wagner is so good though already, I would be worried about moving him away from MLB though.

CB:
Antone Exum** - Not sure he has the speed to play corner or if he plays too stiff. Either way, if he's around later, I'd snag him to back up Kam.

FS:
Tre Boston
Dion Bailey

SS:
Denicos Allen - Late round project. Plays MLB, but his speed @ 225lbs is intriguing. No clue how he'd transition though.
Karlos Williams - Hasn't lived up to the hype, but I think if he doesn't go early, he could very well be the next Kam Chancellor type in the NFL aside from height.
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love me some Eric Ebron and Tre Boston. No real need for Boston here, but Ebron is the sleeper at TE right now with ASJ and Lyerla getting all the hype. He's much less of a blocker than either of those prospects, however. I generally have a good time scouting UNC.

Cyril Richardson, while certainly being a great prospect, is far from being a fit on this team. He's a mauler.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Love me some Eric Ebron and Tre Boston. No real need for Boston here, but Ebron is the sleeper at TE right now with ASJ and Lyerla getting all the hype. He's much less of a blocker than either of those prospects, however. I generally have a good time scouting UNC.

Cyril Richardson, while certainly being a great prospect, is far from being a fit on this team. He's a mauler.

I kind of figured from what I had read, but still felt like listing him since I planned to watch some games and see how he moves first hand.
Sham

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on WR Marqise Lee and potential LEO Devon Kennard / Morgan Breslin from USC?

I think S/LB Dion Bailey would fit into the nickel wonderfully.

Stat Tracker:
* ATT | * Pass YDs | * Pass TDs | * Rush YDs | * Rush TDs

USC Trojans | Seattle Seahawks
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like digging around and seeing what small school guys I can find. Well, here's a couple that I think should be on everyone's radar. No idea where they will go in the draft or if they'll even be drafted, but yeah....

Howard Jones, DE, Shepherd University
6'4" 235lbs 4.36 40 Yard Dash [Not buying it, but he is pretty quick]
Stats: 36 Starts, 27 Sacks, 57 TFL's
Video: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1917687/howard-jones
Notes: Would really like to see what he can do in coverage. He's not even close to big enough to play LEO IMO, BUT, I think depending on a few things, he could do well in a role similar to that of Bruce Irvin's. Needs to add about 10-15 Pounds and not lose much in terms of speed.

Caraun Reid, DT, Princeton
6'2" 305lbs 4.8-4.9 40 Yard Dash [Projected]
Stats: 2 Sacks This Year [Limited Information Available]
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kq_uCXs8K0
Notes: To Be Added

Will add more to this post in the next week or two.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: