Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers defense what it means for Rivera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolf7373

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Panthers defense what it means for Rivera Reply with quote

While the bye does skew the numbers. The Panthers have surrendered the least amount of points, rank 8th in pass defense, 7th in Rush and 3rd in overall. I am not a big Rivera fan, I do not see him being a great coach but he has to get some credit for this defense right? I think its the lack of creativity and execution offensively that is to blame. Its obvious the offensive line is an issue and Cam is struggling along with the guys around him. How much is Rivera to blame for the offensive ineptitude which seems to be hurting this team more than anything?
panattack86

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give more credit to sean mcdermott when in philly that defense was top 10 if i remember correctly. hes a great DC. rivera gets a nod as hes a dc more than a coach but the guys like sean and play hard for him. i hate the soft zone we play when up that has followed rivera everywhere he goes.
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the credit goes to Rivera. He has had a top 10 ranked D everywhere he has been. That and the fact that they have completely ignored improving their offense through the draft sans Cam, although many of the parts were in place already.
Cypher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:
I would give more credit to sean mcdermott when in philly that defense was top 10 if i remember correctly. hes a great DC. rivera gets a nod as hes a dc more than a coach but the guys like sean and play hard for him. i hate the soft zone we play when up that has followed rivera everywhere he goes.

lolwut. Rivera is a top-5 DC in the NFL. Lovie Smith's only Superbowl appearance was carried by Rivera's defense. I get it, folks want Rivera gone, but he has done a tremendous job with our defense.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
Grizzly224

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivera gets credit for the D but he also takes some blame for the O. His biggest mistake was hiring crappy OCs.
faccda01

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give Rivera a lot of credit for the D. That was what he has been known for and he hasn't disappointed in that regard.

As a HC, he is terrible. He can't manage a game and doesn't make the right calls. If he were our DC, I'd love it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have hired Chud as our head coach, and Rivera as our DC. I think the last 3 seasons go completely different in that scenario. I know Chud got too cute with our offense last year, but odds are he doesn't do that sort of thing as the HC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: