Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders playing game in London next year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5412
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
FF meet-up is a great idea btw, save for the fact I might be bringing the lady friend to this one, and I'm not sure how she'd react to me saying we're off to a pub to meet a bunch of guys I know on an internet forum. Laughing


Ha, yea I'll have to explain the same thing to my wife.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryanTHEtrojan


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 82
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
FF meet-up is a great idea btw, save for the fact I might be bringing the lady friend to this one, and I'm not sure how she'd react to me saying we're off to a pub to meet a bunch of guys I know on an internet forum. Laughing


Ha, yea I'll have to explain the same thing to my wife.


Im pretty sure this is the premise for a horror movie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darbsk


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 1139
Location: Wales, UK
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
FF meet-up is a great idea btw, save for the fact I might be bringing the lady friend to this one, and I'm not sure how she'd react to me saying we're off to a pub to meet a bunch of guys I know on an internet forum. Laughing


Ha, yea I'll have to explain the same thing to my wife.


Im pretty sure this is the premise for a horror movie.


Especially if someone is dressed up like Violator Laughing
_________________
It may take us a short while, but we'll get that nastiness of the Raiders back.
Mr. Al Davis RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5631
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Didnt know where to put this so I will put it here. We are mostly likely going to be on hard knocks soon if teams don't volunteer.


I saw that the league is gonna mandate a team "volunteer" for Hard Knocks. Kind of an oxymoron there but why would we be the ones to be on it as opposed to any other team?


Not sure why us over another team, but I can see it. If we can pull off a 5 or more win season and show some fight then probability goes up. Successful or not, there are plenty of Raider fans who would love that. Reggie and DA at work could be a good watch imo. We do have some personalities that would be good for TV too like CWood, Reece and Houston. You just know they'll feature Pryor prominently too. I can see it happening if we don't fire Allen. And I don't think we will either.



Well the reason I say we will be on soon is cause of the new rules.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9791975/owners-ok-nfl-pick-hard-knocks-team


Quote:
Certain teams would be exempt from being forced to participate:

Those with new coaches

Those that reached the playoffs in one of the previous two seasons

Those that appeared on "Hard Knocks" within the preceding 10 years

So far, only seven of the league's 32 teams have been on the series, which airs on HBO: the Dallas Cowboys (twice), Cincinnati Bengals (twice), New York Jets, Baltimore Ravens, Miami Dolphins, Jacksonville Jaguars and Kansas City Chiefs.

Based on the exemptions laid out, the following five teams could have been required to participate this season: Carolina Panthers, Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tennessee Titans.


I dont think any of those teams will make the playoffs again. Tampa and Carolina will probably have new coaches. So that leave Rams, Raiders and Titans and the teams you add in who miss the playoffs and didnt go last year but went the year before last. Raiders have a real good shot at being chosen for Hard Knocks.




Raiders being a team that will play in Wembley probably just increases though chances as well.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10903
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
This is a bunch of bull crap!!! Evil or Very Mad

WTF??? We only get to see the team 8 times per year and now we have to lose on to England??? I'm pretty pissed off about this. I pay a pretty penny for my season tickets and I had better be getting some sort of benefit from it other than not being charged for that one game.


Your reaction will be priceless when the Raiders move back to LA.

Yeah, I'm sure it sucks losing a home game that you would be attending, but let's be honest, there will be more Raiders fans in Wembley for that game next season than the Raiders average in attendance this season. Wembley holds 90,000, and there are a LOT of Raiders fans in Europe who will do all they can to get to this game. We will easily have at least half the stadium like the Vikings did when I was there a couple of weeks back.


I'm sure the league cares about the one date. But without a local following you really have nothing. And my priceless reaction will be the same as the crap that LA exported up here, namely the idiots wearing costumes. Confused
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stix101


Joined: 31 Jul 2010
Posts: 280
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like we play the Dolphins

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268778/article/cowboys-lions-dolphins-will-play-in-london-in-2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nightmare


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2799
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
This is a bunch of bull crap!!! Evil or Very Mad

WTF??? We only get to see the team 8 times per year and now we have to lose on to England??? I'm pretty pissed off about this. I pay a pretty penny for my season tickets and I had better be getting some sort of benefit from it other than not being charged for that one game.


Your reaction will be priceless when the Raiders move back to LA.

Yeah, I'm sure it sucks losing a home game that you would be attending, but let's be honest, there will be more Raiders fans in Wembley for that game next season than the Raiders average in attendance this season. Wembley holds 90,000, and there are a LOT of Raiders fans in Europe who will do all they can to get to this game. We will easily have at least half the stadium like the Vikings did when I was there a couple of weeks back.


I'm sure the league cares about the one date. But without a local following you really have nothing. And my priceless reaction will be the same as the crap that LA exported up here, namely the idiots wearing costumes. Confused


The Raiders barely have a local following anyway; that's why this decision to play a "home" game in London has happened in the first place. The Broncos, Steelers or Giants for example, will never get a game given to London, because they actually sell out their home games.

Oakland can have no complaints about losing a game, or if they lose the franchise to LA in the near future. The NFL is an increasingly finance-orientated business, and teams like the Raiders who struggle to sell out home games week after week are going to struggle to generate profit in the current climate. And minimal profits lead to minimal success. Yeah, it sucks to people like you who continue to support the team in Oakland, and it sucks that a team with such a rich history has to go down this sort of route, but that's just the way things are.


Wish our game wasn't the Dolphins. They own us.
_________________
Quote:
Warren Sapp is a fool. That dude is stupid. He played for the Raiders 20 years ago, no one cares what he says, nobody likes him, hes a joke.
^ ^ ^ Chaz Schilens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 6486
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
This is a bunch of bull crap!!! Evil or Very Mad

WTF??? We only get to see the team 8 times per year and now we have to lose on to England??? I'm pretty pissed off about this. I pay a pretty penny for my season tickets and I had better be getting some sort of benefit from it other than not being charged for that one game.


Your reaction will be priceless when the Raiders move back to LA.

Yeah, I'm sure it sucks losing a home game that you would be attending, but let's be honest, there will be more Raiders fans in Wembley for that game next season than the Raiders average in attendance this season. Wembley holds 90,000, and there are a LOT of Raiders fans in Europe who will do all they can to get to this game. We will easily have at least half the stadium like the Vikings did when I was there a couple of weeks back.


I'm sure the league cares about the one date. But without a local following you really have nothing. And my priceless reaction will be the same as the crap that LA exported up here, namely the idiots wearing costumes. Confused


Again with this misnomer that NFL franchises pay the bills with seat sales. Corporate sales above all else.
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4855
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my tickets, anyone else?
_________________
bitty wrote:
I don't understand why everybody thinks Green Bay is the pinnacle of NFL franchises?
In my opinion they are a joke. In the last ten years there drafts sucked.
#clueless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nightmare


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2799
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, section 118. Forgot they were out today so missed the kind of seats I would have liked, but still not too bad.

EXCITED.
_________________
Quote:
Warren Sapp is a fool. That dude is stupid. He played for the Raiders 20 years ago, no one cares what he says, nobody likes him, hes a joke.
^ ^ ^ Chaz Schilens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group