Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions postgame: back in the win column
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Most outstanding player for this game?
Rodgers
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Lacy
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Nelson
17%
 17%  [ 10 ]
Crosby
36%
 36%  [ 21 ]
Jones
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Perry
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 57

gizmo2012

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:

Exactly what I saw in replay - its called a bad call.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way - I didn't realize Dominic Raiola was a punk too. Here this punk goes to college at Wisconsin and then punks out calling the band members names. Do the Detroit coaches have any control over these guys.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
By the way - I didn't realize Dominic Raiola was a punk too. Here this punk goes to college at Wisconsin and then punks out calling the band members names. Do the Detroit coaches have any control over these guys.

they encourage it.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Macc_Aviv wrote:

Been to the Detroit forum thread about this? They claim the Packers get all the calls.
valpoPackers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
By the way - I didn't realize Dominic Raiola was a punk too. Here this punk goes to college at Wisconsin and then punks out calling the band members names. these guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Raiola

He went to Nebraska. You're probably thinking of his brother Donovan Raiola whom attended Wisconsin.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenGold12 wrote:

Only thing I can't explain is the lack of Finley down the seam with our new run threat. Or, really, just the lack of playaction in general. I get the deep heaves, but why not fake it to Lacy first? The threat is finally real, let's capitalize. Especially curious because it was pretty obvious in the Cincy game that our gameplan was extremely Finley heavy; seemed a little lost after his concussion. Hope that becomes a bigger part of our new identity moving forward.

Bingo, if they are playing bump n run and cover deep against us, then it is time to run the football and pass over the middle!!! TE, slants and crossing patterns, and finally dump off stuff to the runningback. That will make those safeties pull up. I can't hold Mac's jock, but I don't know why we don't do this more. I don't know if it changed with the injury to Harris, and mac/Rodgers don't have confidence in another RB to catch, but why not a bunch of Finley over the middle.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
GreenGold12 wrote:

Only thing I can't explain is the lack of Finley down the seam with our new run threat. Or, really, just the lack of playaction in general. I get the deep heaves, but why not fake it to Lacy first? The threat is finally real, let's capitalize. Especially curious because it was pretty obvious in the Cincy game that our gameplan was extremely Finley heavy; seemed a little lost after his concussion. Hope that becomes a bigger part of our new identity moving forward.

Bingo, if they are playing bump n run and cover deep against us, then it is time to run the football and pass over the middle!!! TE, slants and crossing patterns, and finally dump off stuff to the runningback. That will make those safeties pull up. I can't hold Mac's jock, but I don't know why we don't do this more. I don't know if it changed with the injury to Harris, and mac/Rodgers don't have confidence in another RB to catch, but why not a bunch of Finley over the middle.

It's hard to run slants against bump and run. The cardinal sin of playing bump and run is letting the receiver get into the middle of the field.

We also tried to get the TE involved last week. Finley had to sit out a couple of plays for his drop and while he was out, Ryan Taylor got open and flat dropped it. after that the Lions switched it up and went more to a Cover-1 look. That's when we started getting Jones open deep.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the MM presser yesterday, MM practically (but did so tactifully) called out Rodgers for calling the pass option at the LOS on one of the 3rd and 1s. Basically saying it was Rodgers' decision to pass the ball vs run it because he was not comfortable with something he saw at the LOS. So it is not just MM that needs to get comfortable with calling for Lacy to bang head on short yardage, it is the QB that also needs to have a little faith as well. Good work by Silverstein this week getting that nugget out of MM because rarely would MM deflect any blame at all when it comes to a play call, he has been pretty stand up about it in the past. Still real lucky to have both of them in Titletown. Go Pack.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
According to the MM presser yesterday, MM practically (but did so tactifully) called out Rodgers for calling the pass option at the LOS on one of the 3rd and 1s. Basically saying it was Rodgers' decision to pass the ball vs run it because he was not comfortable with something he saw at the LOS. So it is not just MM that needs to get comfortable with calling for Lacy to bang head on short yardage, it is the QB that also needs to have a little faith as well. Good work by Silverstein this week getting that nugget out of MM because rarely would MM deflect any blame at all when it comes to a play call, he has been pretty stand up about it in the past. Still real lucky to have both of them in Titletown. Go Pack.

I saw that too. I don't know if he was calling Rodgers out. Might have also been explained in Tues. w/ McCarthy. Anyway, it sounds like the scheme just wasn't in our favor. I know this information cools me down because I was a little miffed that one of those 3rd and ones wasn't a pass.

As far as Rodgers making that call I'm fine with it. Rodgers has been in the system long enough and it might take awhile for him to "understand" what this new identity will mean. After Franklin's fumble in Cincy, it's understandable that some might not be on the same page. Perhaps a few failures in the pass on those situations will be enough for Rodgers and others to see that well is pretty dry already.

To win the Pack must become more physical.
svp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't Adrian Petersen have fumblitis?
His trainers worked on ball protection with him.
filled footballs with sand and dipped them in slippery sauce
and other odd stuff. But it worked AP doesn't fumble much if at all
anymore.

Hate to see Franklin benched but I did see J. Ross waived.

Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkySauce wrote:
Macc_Aviv wrote:
interesting pic

Hmm, I had agreed with the in-game call, but it's hard to argue with that photo.

Macc: 1
Zebra + Stinky: 0

During the game I thought James caught it before he went into the endzone and this photo confirms what I saw - unless the replay officials didn't think JJ had the ball secure before he entered the end zone. Oh well, thankfully we didn't need those extra 4 points!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
GreenGold12 wrote:

It's hard to run slants against bump and run. The cardinal sin of playing bump and run is letting the receiver get into the middle of the field.

We also tried to get the TE involved last week. Finley had to sit out a couple of plays for his drop and while he was out, Ryan Taylor got open and flat dropped it. after that the Lions switched it up and went more to a Cover-1 look. That's when we started getting Jones open deep.

AH thank you, this is why I come on here to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Macc_Aviv wrote:

Been to the Detroit forum thread about this? They claim the Packers get all the calls.

Do they know what Wisconsin has been through with refs? I mean, I know people can be ignorant, but srsly?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't read Bleacher Report too often, but this is a pretty fantastic breakdown of the play-calling and how we took advantage of the Lions' aggressive defensive line.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1806051-nfl-week-6-breaking-down-this-weekends-biggest-matchups

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
I don't read Bleacher Report too often, but this is a pretty fantastic breakdown of the play-calling and how we took advantage of the Lions' aggressive defensive line.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1806051-nfl-week-6-breaking-down-this-weekends-biggest-matchups

That was awesome, my face is melting. Very good write up, stuff I didn't even realize little if anything that Mac and company do on a weekly basis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: