Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Thing is, physical talent at the QB position is the most OVERRATED ability right now. Cousin's arm strength is good enough to make the thorws. It/s not a cannon. Its what is mental. Can he process what the defenses are throwing at him quickly? From what we;ve seen in a limited amounbt of time, yes.

However I would not invest in a first round pick in him. I'd give up maybe a 3rd that can turn into a 2nd for 2015.,

The problem is the track record of back-ups becoming starters over the last 15 years hasn't been great. Plus, Mike Shanahan has always been strong at implementing offenses which have helped and maximized his QBs strengths.

Guys who made it - Matt Hasselback and Matt Schaub

Guys who washed out - Charlie Whitehurst, Kevin Kolb, Matt Flynn, Matt Cassel

I would rather invest in a high draft pick in the draft for another QB if Glennon proves not to be competent the rest of the season.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Thing is, physical talent at the QB position is the most OVERRATED ability right now. Cousin's arm strength is good enough to make the thorws. It/s not a cannon. Its what is mental. Can he process what the defenses are throwing at him quickly? From what we;ve seen in a limited amounbt of time, yes.

However I would not invest in a first round pick in him. I'd give up maybe a 3rd that can turn into a 2nd for 2015.,

The problem is the track record of back-ups becoming starters over the last 15 years hasn't been great. Plus, Mike Shanahan has always been strong at implementing offenses which have helped and maximized his QBs strengths.

I would rather invest in a high draft pick in the draft for another QB if Glennon proves not to be competent the rest of the season.

Agreed. That's why I'd be skeptical of giving up anything relatively high unless its a conditional 3rd or 4th that escalates if cousins performs to the standard.

My point was: arm strength is the most overrated scouting talent and ability when evaluating a qb.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Agreed. That's why I'd be skeptical of giving up anything relatively high unless its a conditional 3rd or 4th that escalates if cousins performs to the standard.

My point was: arm strength is the most overrated scouting talent and ability when evaluating a qb.

I agree arm strength is the most overrated scounting "litmus test", but so is basing it soley off intelligence. See Ken Dorsey/Ryan Fitzpatrick. I want a QB that can play CONSISTANTLY and can STEP UP when he needs to. I feel like we have gone way too long as franchise picking game managers and starting guys way too early stunting their growth. This is the reason why I want to draft a stud QB, and if we are drafting a new QB that means there will be a new coach/qb coach who thinks that it makes sense to correct his QB. I am still pissed at the McNully signing. Why would you sign a guy who was a QB coach on the worst QB'ed team in the NFL? Brick wall

Adopt A Buc(s)
Mark "the Red" Barron
65 (12 asst.)tkcls| 1 sack| 2 ints| 0 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I agree arm strength is the most overrated scounting "litmus test", but so is basing it soley off intelligence. See Ken Dorsey/Ryan Fitzpatrick. I want a QB that can play CONSISTANTLY and can STEP UP when he needs to. I feel like we have gone way too long as franchise picking game managers and starting guys way too early stunting their growth. This is the reason why I want to draft a stud QB, and if we are drafting a new QB that means there will be a new coach/qb coach who thinks that it makes sense to correct his QB. I am still pissed at the McNully signing. Why would you sign a guy who was a QB coach on the worst QB'ed team in the NFL? Brick wall

I think I said that at the beginning of the off season. Dumbest decision made to sign an excellent wrs coach who failed as a qbs coach after one season.
carsonbucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Mike Glennon Reply with quote

I have seen very little holes in this guy's game that can't be fixed. Now that Mariota is off the board, Zach M. is hurt, and Teddy Ball Game sucks (Ok, he's not bad but we're not getting Bridgewater at this point), I'm just praying we don't draft some mid-tier QB with a non Shiano/Dominick lead team. Let's draft Watkins first round, Austin Seferian-Jenkins second (giving us quite the WRs and TEs for Glennon to play with), and a big name DE (Jared Allen anybody?) in free agency. Is that too much to ask. You're right, it is, Fan can dream, right.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A QB that I would honestly look at in Day 3 is Aaron Murray. He's coming off Knee Surgery, but he's got everything you ask for in a QB. Height is his biggest flaw to his game right now. He could be a steal and nice competition for Glennon.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
A QB that I would honestly look at in Day 3 is Aaron Murray. He's coming off Knee Surgery, but he's got everything you ask for in a QB. Height is his biggest flaw to his game right now. He could be a steal and nice competition for Glennon.

Seen a few sites that have Boyd slotted in the fourth. I still think I'd much rather have Murray in the 5th. Another guy I like is Kenny Guiton in the 7th. Really smart and would be a big help to Glennon.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy for us to look at now is Logan Thomas. He has all the talent in the world and an arm. He wouldnt take more than a 6th or 7th round pick either.

#TradeUpForTeddy
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
A guy for us to look at now is Logan Thomas. He has all the talent in the world and an arm. He wouldnt take more than a 6th or 7th round pick either.

In the words of Dikembe Mutumbo, "NO NO NO. NOT EVER"
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Actually love Morris Great Underrated QB

UniversalAuthor and Gopherwrestler on the Gerald McCoy sigs
Ron Swanson wrote:
Fishing relaxes me it's like yoga except i still get to kill something
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Actually love Morris Great Underrated QB

Stephen Morris? The guy who is erratic as much if not worse than josh freeman ? No.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan Thomas? The guy is awful. Like, awfully awful.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Logan Thomas? The guy is awful. Like, awfully awful.

he's wildly inconsistent, but has the big arm that Schiano likes and im sure he recruited him lol....I'm talking about a 7th round pick here guys

#TradeUpForTeddy
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo - $18,000,000

Glennon - $750,000

Cool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If schiano is fired , anyone think we go after Blake Bortles? I like him and wouldn't be opposed. I have nothing against going with glennon next year but if schiano is fired, the next gm and coach may have other opinions.

With Mariota returning, bortles will already have his degree (RS jr) , and if he has a good performance against Baylor I see him declaring.

Thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 21 of 25

Jump to: