Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders release Matt Flynn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel Flynn is just about what you would draw up in a long term backup QB. Would love the idea of bringing him back IF he was willing to sign for backup money FOR A FEW YEARS. Highly doubt he is willing to do so though.

Truth be told I bet this lead brass is pretty damn happy with this QB room. Wallace was a huge sign in my eyes and I'm sure Mac wants to work with Tolzien. Tolzien lacks Flynn's legs but he has been VERY well coached since coming into the NFL. Might feel good about having him hold a clipboard for a few years on the cheap after a little time in Mac's QB school.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for picking him back up. He proved he can play this system. The other systems he had less than a few months in

If you pick him up need for QB in draft next year is not needed other wise if not you draft one
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Palmy. He's probably right in that MM is very happy with Wallace as our backup. We have more pressing needs than QB right now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's times like these when I love our fanbase. Here's a guy who has tried, and failed, to start for two other teams at QB. He's been humbled, in the most humbling of ways... but if he returned to Green Bay, he would get a hero's welcome from us.

Love it! Very Happy
svp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24050949/american-airlines-tried-to-help-matt-flynn-after-release-and-downgrade

The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the mighty have fallen. I remember when you guys thought you were going to get a first + for him.

Vince Lombardi
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
How the mighty have fallen. I remember when you guys thought you were going to get a first + for him.

That sure as hell NEVER came from my keyboard. Arm talent and upside are the two things that land high picks from the QB position. I'm a Flynn guy, but the man falls short on the average in both areas. Good enough arm talent with a man like Mac around to keep everything in check from a footwork/tech POV. But that is not enough to land high picks and most don't have a Mac.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: