Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football Talk Week 5 + Clowney Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Clowned is getting clowned by scouts. Lot of talk about him doing whatever he feels like and how his demeanor looks. He told Spurrier he couldn't play because his ribs hurt. Analysts and reporters are saying he's worried about getting hurt and his draft stock falling.

Obviously the guy is talented as hell, but its a work ethic/professionalism thing.

Thoughts?

Falling to what? 3rd? Even Finebaum admits "This is all storm & fury. Clowney will still be the number 1 pick". I cannot recall when I have ever seen a college player this mishandled (more like manhandled). No one will care about any of this bull in May. What a debacle.

I'll be amazed if it isn't bridgewater.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
I cant lie....Pryor is really going to have to light it up for us to NOT consider drafting one of these guys in the first two rounds. Even if he does...I still might not mind one of other QBs in the draft Laughing

I know the sample size is small but our front office looks pretty clueless when it comes to scouting quarterbacks. We traded a couple of picks away to acquire Matt Flynn and then we cut him after five weeks. And we used a fourth round pick on Tyler Wilson and he couldn't even beat out Flynn or an UDFA for a roster spot. So we've already wasted a 4th, 5th, and a conditional draft pick on two quarterbacks that have absolutely no future in our organization. You have to wonder what Reggie and our scouting department are looking for in a signal caller. Regardless of how bad our former regime drove us into the ground the only reason we've had two decent options at quarterback are because they were brought in by Al Davis and Hue Jackson.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Django wrote:
I cant lie....Pryor is really going to have to light it up for us to NOT consider drafting one of these guys in the first two rounds. Even if he does...I still might not mind one of other QBs in the draft Laughing

I know the sample size is small but our front office looks pretty clueless when it comes to scouting quarterbacks. We traded a couple of picks away to acquire Matt Flynn and then we cut him after five weeks. And we used a fourth round pick on Tyler Wilson and he couldn't even beat out Flynn or an UDFA for a roster spot. So we've already wasted a 4th, 5th, and a conditional draft pick on two quarterbacks that have absolutely no future in our organization. You have to wonder what Reggie and our scouting department are looking for in a signal caller. Regardless of how bad our former regime drove us into the ground the only reason we've had two decent options at quarterback are because they were brought in by Al Davis and Hue Jackson.

You are stretching this. Only a 5th round pick was lost in the Flynn trade.

You can't call the Wilson pick a waste yet. He could develop with time. To say he has no future w/ Oakland right now is misguided, because we don't know.

Reggie knew what he was getting in Flynn. He never made it more than what it was about. A vet QB coming into compete. They likely wanted him to rise to the occasion and take the starting job, but it didn't work out (as Allen said).

Using a 4th round pick on a QB is a crapshoot. How many 4th round picks become great players? They are few and far between.

Bottom line, Oakland needed QBs. They took a mid round flyer on Wilson. Traded a late pick for Flynn. I would have an issue if they took a QB w/ a top pick and it didn't work out. This is just a FO trying to find competition and develop the position. The bright side, Pryor shocked them all and McGloin is someone they really like. Let's see where it goes from there.

Also..... I have a feeling Wilson will be a different QB coming into next offseason. Just a hunch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our first rounder has to be a stud DT, edge rusher or WR. I don't value gs or rbs as worthy first round selections. Alot of the top WR in class of 2014 seem to be smaller. Would like a stud edge rusher like Anthony Barr Shocked Shocked Shocked

Last edited by EricAllen21 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Clowned is getting clowned by scouts. Lot of talk about him doing whatever he feels like and how his demeanor looks. He told Spurrier he couldn't play because his ribs hurt. Analysts and reporters are saying he's worried about getting hurt and his draft stock falling.

Obviously the guy is talented as hell, but its a work ethic/professionalism thing.

Thoughts?

Falling to what? 3rd? Even Finebaum admits "This is all storm & fury. Clowney will still be the number 1 pick". I cannot recall when I have ever seen a college player this mishandled (more like manhandled). No one will care about any of this bull in May. What a debacle.

Don't get me wrong I think Clowney is the best player in the draft. I wasn't really looking at it as a big deal, but its discussion nonetheless. Its just typical media BS where they build up a guy to be this unstoppable force and jump on him the moment he does something "questionable."

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

Thoughts?

It's going to change his contract. There will be language in his contract about incentives for workouts and to recoup the signing bonus.
I could see a long hold out.

Derek Carr is legit! Here is my way too early mock draft
2014 Raider Draft
1. OLB/DE Anthony Barr UCLA
2. DT Dominque Easley Florida
3. G Juwan James Tennessee
4. MLB Shane Skov Stanford or DL
5. TE Colt Lyerla Oregon
6. WR Isiah Burse Fresno State
7. WR Victor Dean Portland State
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:

Derek Carr is legit! Here is my way too early mock draft
2014 Raider Draft
1. OLB/DE Anthony Barr UCLA
2. DT Dominque Easley Florida
3. G Juwan James Tennessee
4. MLB Shane Skov Stanford or DL
5. TE Colt Lyerla Oregon
6. WR Isiah Burse Fresno State
7. WR Victor Dean Portland State

1. Barr plays 34 OLB and has never put his hand in the dirt. There no indication as to whether he would be proficient at it. No one is going to draft a 34 OLB in the top 10 and put him at DE. Give me example of when this has ever been done. It very well may have happened but I doubt it.

2. Easley has blown out a knee. McKenzie doesn't believe is stowing players away. He won't use a high draft pick on an injured player

3. James is a RT.

4. When have you ever seen a MLB/DL player?

5. Lyerla quit the team but he won't fall this far.

6&7. I don't know anything about these two guys but I'd guess you are a Fresno fan.

Not a well thought mock imo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: