Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LT Matt Kalil - ain't no rookie no more
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
At this point, MN has an abundance of WRs. Wouldnt even have a spot for Blackmon.

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of Blackmon.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
At this point, MN has an abundance of WRs. Wouldnt even have a spot for Blackmon.

Interesting when you look at some of the picks around Kalil.

Claiborne - Has been very underwhelming so far
Richardson - Traded
Blackmon - Off the field issues, trade speculation
Tannehill - Looks like a franchise QB, team is playing great
Kuechly - Stud

Kuechly is the only one I would even think about taking over Kalil right now.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Ryan Tannehill for me, looks like he has the upside, intangibles and physical skills to be a franchise QB. Though, Kalil would be the top non-QB that I would have wanted in this spot.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
^ Ryan Tannehill for me, looks like he has the upside, intangibles and physical skills to be a franchise QB. Though, Kalil would be the top non-QB that I would have wanted in this spot.
Yeah, I wated Tannehill if we woudn't go up and get RGIII. But since we just had to have 3 years of futility, I would have taken Fletcher Cox, after another trade down, and taken a round 2 or late rd1 tackle with the loot. someone like Cordy Glenn. Not sure how the Kalil pick can be justified since it hasn't helped the team win. We still can't pass, ranked at the bottom. Unless Kalil can throw a 15 yard out... Object isn't to accumulate good pieces, object is to win. I don't understand fans feeling pride about pieces going to the meaningless hawiii game. Only won last year because of return td's, picks and kicks, and AD running. Guard is, imo, as important as LT. gotta have a pocket to step up in. Gonna be suffering the joe thomas/jake long syndrom until we get an actual QB. and then, at that point, we do not need the LT. or do you think the broncos will suck now that clady is gone? looked fine against philly...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Faithful wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Yeah, I wated Tannehill if we woudn't go up and get RGIII. But since we just had to have 3 years of futility, I would have taken Fletcher Cox, after another trade down, and taken a round 2 or late rd1 tackle with the loot. someone like Cordy Glenn. Not sure how the Kalil pick can be justified since it hasn't helped the team win. We still can't pass, ranked at the bottom. Unless Kalil can throw a 15 yard out... Object isn't to accumulate good pieces, object is to win. I don't understand fans feeling pride about pieces going to the meaningless hawiii game. Only won last year because of return td's, picks and kicks, and AD running. Guard is, imo, as important as LT. gotta have a pocket to step up in. Gonna be suffering the joe thomas/jake long syndrom until we get an actual QB. and then, at that point, we do not need the LT. or do you think the broncos will suck now that clady is gone? looked fine against philly...

The Eagles arent winning anything with Cox, for that matter, how exactly would Cox have helped the Vikes win more games than Kalil has? The Eagles defense has mostly been dreadful since Cox has started. Its hard to blame QB play and losing on Kalil at this point. Just like its hard to blame Cox for all of the Eagles defensive woes. The winning argument simply is invalid since there are so many components to winning in the NFL. Kalil has also played in more playoff games than Cox as well Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Hard to say how Tannehill would look here. I am sure having Mike Sherman on the sideline has helped his adjustment to the NFL.

I am kind of hoping we follow a similar path. Draft a kid and try to bring his college offensive coordinator along with him. Rookie quarterbacks have to learn so much. Makes it easier when they know the playbook and verbiage already.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Hard to say how Tannehill would look here. I am sure having Mike Sherman on the sideline has helped his adjustment to the NFL.

I am kind of hoping we follow a similar path. Draft a kid and try to bring his college offensive coordinator along with him. Rookie quarterbacks have to learn so much. Makes it easier when they know the playbook and verbiage already.

It certainly helps that Sherman was a longtime NFL head coach and coached Tannehill in his system while in college just to bring it to the NFL with him. Tannehill definitely entered into an ideal situation to be developed as a college QB. I think his preparation could have allowed him to be successful, especially in MN given that Musgrave's system has a lot of ties to Sherman's system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: