Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason Thread: The Peace Edition (No LBJ/OKC/HEAT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Lol it means nothing that pelicans won that game. It's nba preseason. Lol cut it out.

lol the Pelicans looked really good lol Austin Rivers has made some pretty large strides in his game and AD looks much smoother on offense lol it definitely is useful in the right context lol

All the things you wrote matter right there matter.. Beating a good houston team without Evans or Gordon doesn't. It's not hard to understand.

What? English please.

Yeah that was terrible. Don't know why my phone double typed that in one sentence. Point still stands individual performances like u said in that post matter. Your beating houston without Evans and Gordon doesn't matter at all. Wins and losses in preseason doesn't show anything.

Not having Evans and Gordon is promising to me. Without them, we competed with Houstons starters and then won the game when the 2nd units came in. That definitely means something. The individual performances alone gave me hope though. AD looks awesome.

So what does it means that the bulls beat the pacers without Noah. While their second unit mix with the 2 rookies still outplayed their starters in the 4th quarter. It means absolutely nothing cause its preseason. Also as far as competing, pelicans had to make a pretty nice comeback to win that game.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A healthy Houston team is pretty good, but they don't have the perimeter defenders to deal with Golden State. GSW is the best team in the West. The only thing that stops them is health issues, which is a concern. Nobody in the west can beat GSW.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
A healthy Houston team is pretty good, but they don't have the perimeter defenders to deal with Golden State. GSW is the best team in the West. The only thing that stops them is health issues, which is a concern. Nobody in the west can beat GSW.

l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

They can't handle a healthy GSW squad. KD and Westbrook are not enough, the rest of the roster are either unproven or bums.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We beat GS by anywhere from like 10-20 pts each time we faced them last season except for 1 game where they barely won.

Westbrook destroys Curry in that matchup and Durant is Durant. If they can't slow down those two it will be tough for them to beat us.

Spurs could still beat GS as well.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
We beat GS by anywhere from like 10-20 pts each time we faced them last season except for 1 game where they barely won.

Westbrook destroys Curry in that matchup and Durant is Durant. If they can't slow down those two it will be tough for them to beat us.

Dawg... Last years GS team isn't this years GS team. Barnes and Klay have made obvious strides and Iggy wasn't there. In the playoffs you gonna need more than just Durant and Westbrook... Who else steps up? Lamb is unproven, Ibaka isn't very consistent offensively... Reggie Jackson lol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

That was before they added Iggy, and I expect Barnes to continue to progress.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

CWood threatened to ban me when I posted a pic like this a couple of days ago...I hope he's consistent...

Adopt-A-Duck
Byron Marshall: 168 carries, 1038 yds, 14TDs, 13 rec, 155 yds
Thomas Tyner: 115 carries, 711 yds, 9TDs, 14 rec, 124 yds
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu: 84 tackles, 9 PD, 3 INT
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we gonna act like adding one of the best defenders on earth in Iggy doesn't matter? They have an elite defender in the paint in Bogut, an elite defender on the perimeter in Iggy and a pretty good one in Klay. They have all sorts of offensive fire power all over the place.

It's a wrap.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a star driven league, especially in the playoffs.

The difference between Klay and Sefolosha, David Lee and Ibaka, stuff like that. It's not nearly as important as the difference in Durant and Westbrook to Curry and Iggy.

And Ibaka looks like he's became an even better scorer this year so he's not a bad 3rd option at all when Westbrook and Durant can put up 60 points a game together. And Sefolosha, Lamb, and Reggie can be decent surrounding pieces as well.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Kay Cee playing for 2nd place, playboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

CWood threatened to ban me when I posted a pic like this a couple of days ago...I hope he's consistent...

Your pic didn't add to the discussion and was just trolling. It's obvious I'm not trying to troll here
CAS22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
BullsonParade wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Well, Im definitely excited to see AD this season. Also, nice to beat Houston without Tyreke Evans.

Evans played. He came off the bench

Evans got hurt. He only played 10 minutes.

You made it seem like he didnt play in the game. I thought you meant Gordon at first. Laughing

Gordon didn't play, but yeah Evans only played 10 minutes. Very good sign for this young Pelicans squad that arguably 2 of their top 3 players didn't play and they were able to beat a good Rockets squad.

Not sure if you're serious but you're actually looking at wins in the preseason? The Rockets could've won this game if they wanted to. I can understand taking away performances in the game, but I don't get what you can really take away from "beating a good Rockets squad" when the Rockets had the end of their bench in the entire 4th quarter while they were leading.

Yeah it's silly. It's shows absolutely nothing but the end of the rockets bench isn't to good.

And to be fair, Garcia, Asik, Smith, and Camby were all out with injuries.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSW the best? No way. I'll take OKC, SAS, HOU, LAC over them in that order.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
GSW the best? No way. I'll take OKC, SAS, HOU, LAC over them in that order.

Houston and the Clippers? Nooooo wayyyyyy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 62 of 99

Jump to: