Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breaking Bad [AMC] Vol. 4 **SPOILERS**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
there weren't cops watching Brock's house though...

Very Happy

I guess for me, I didn't need to see Walt call in a fake tip to make it realistic.

Skyler asks Walt if he killed someone to get in there. He said, "I didn't have to". To me, that implies he came, scoped it out, and figured a way in.

I'm satisfied with that. It made the reveal that he was already in there a lot more exciting.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
This thread is just a bunch of whining and complaining.

ouch.

i'd say you just added to it.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is to say Walt didn't actually kill the policemen?

Honestly I don't view Walt sneaking into Skylar's apartment as anymore of a "plothole" than Walt walking away from an explosion in his face, Hank finding a dropped bullet on the ground and loading it into his gun as the cousin randomly decided he needed to kill hank with an axe, Walt successfully killing the aryan gang with an incredibly fragile plan (had they actually held onto his keys, game over, had he not been allowed to park in that spot game over, hell if they actually checked his trunk, game over), Mike being able to effortlessly kill countless of other armed men without ever picking up a scratch. All of these events, like Walt sneaking into Skylars, were not likely and had very low odds, but that doesn't mean they were impossible hence I do not view them as plotholes.

An example of a plothole would've been if Walt actually called the vacuum cleaner guy back in the crawl space episode and then went on to call him again in season 5, because Sal said you only get one chance with him back in that crawl space episode. So BB would have been directly contradicting themselves had they done this, and thus we'd have what I consider plothole. Unlikely events are just that, unlikely, they're not plotholes.
thrILL!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
all they needed to refine that portion of the script would have been to add ten seconds for the stakeout cops to get a call from their dispatcher sending them somewhere else, because of a false tip Walt sent in, or had someone do for him (like how he used the lady in the NH bar to call Jr's school and say she was Marie.)

then Walt could have walked in to Skyler's apartment. using the back door even!

Very Happy

If you're going to steal from The Wire then you might as well steal the part where McNulty got more cops for stakeouts. Wink

You Already Know ... This Is What I Do
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

Honestly I don't view Walt sneaking into Skylar's apartment as anymore of a "plothole" than Walt walking away from an explosion in his face, Hank finding a dropped bullet on the ground and loading it into his gun as the cousin randomly decided he needed to kill hank with an axe, Walt successfully killing the aryan gang with an incredibly fragile plan (had they actually held onto his keys, game over, had he not been allowed to park in that spot game over, hell if they actually checked his trunk, game over), Mike being able to effortlessly kill countless of other armed men without ever picking up a scratch. All of these events, like Walt sneaking into Skylars, were not likely and had very low odds, but that doesn't mean they were impossible hence I do not view them as plotholes.

An example of a plothole would've been if Walt actually called the vacuum cleaner guy back in the crawl space episode and then went on to call him again in season 5, because Sal said you only get one chance with him back in that crawl space episode. So BB would have been directly contradicting themselves had they done this, and thus we'd have what I consider plothole. Unlikely events are just that, unlikely, they're not plotholes.

I think you might be a little confused on what a plothole actually is. It's not the same thing as being unrealistic or unlikely to happen. A plothole is simply

Quote:
...a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot sometimes even contradicting itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plot_hole

Star Wars using lightspeed starships is unrealistic. But it's not a plothole because it's not undermining anything previously established by the plot of the films.

Much of BB is unrealistic or unlikely to happen in real life, and that's fine because BB is a stylized, sometimes pulpy drama where things like that can happen in it's universe. Considering the national manhunt, national coverage, death of officers, hundreds of millions of dollars, the criminal mastermind being spotted at his old house which alerts the police to Walters whereabouts and possible intentions (visiting Skyler), and a pile of other related occurrences established by the plot ; then yeah, Walter getting by two cops barely paying attention to Skylers place is inconsistent with the flow of logic established by the plot. That's what makes it a plot hole, regardless of where it weighs on the unlikely to happen scale.

Props to Eggy
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

umm, i guess because we never saw that happen. or heard any mention of it.

we don't have to invent reasoning for actions on the show, we can go with what the writers provide us. other than revenging the Nazis, Walt appeared to have lost the killer's edge he had before. he's worn out and worn down by what life he has remaining.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this article has already been posted but I promise, it is worth the read..

This man claims, with very good reason, that Walt never even made it out of the Volvo when he was in the snow

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/10/norm-mcdonald-breaking-bad/
yankee0724

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
I don't know if this article has already been posted but I promise, it is worth the read..

This man claims, with very good reason, that Walt never even made it out of the Volvo when he was in the snow

And he overlooks a lot of things that don't go along with that theory.

Like others in the comments said, why would he stop at Denny's in his death dream/fantasy/whatever you want to call it; why would Jesse be alive in it if, as far as he knows, the Nazis killed him like he paid them to; Skyler talking about Todd and them coming into the house; Jesse making the box he talked about in his support group; if it was Walt's fantasy, he definitely would have reconciled with Jr.

not to mention VG saying it was a straightforward ending.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

And he overlooks a lot of things that don't go along with that theory.

Like others in the comments said, why would he stop at Denny's in his death dream/fantasy/whatever you want to call it; why would Jesse be alive in it if, as far as he knows, the Nazis killed him like he paid them to; Skyler talking about Todd and them coming into the house; Jesse making the box he talked about in his support group; if it was Walt's fantasy, he definitely would have reconciled with Jr.

Thats definitely what ends that theory for me. Walt would've had a "moment" with Jr. if this was his fantasy.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

Thats definitely what ends that theory for me. Walt would've had a "moment" with Jr. if this was his fantasy.[/quote]

He sort of did have a moment watching him come home from school and enter the house. If this theory is true perhaps even in a dying fantasizing state Walt knows that there is no reconciling with JR. Especially after the call from the lodge.

I think what carries more weight is VG specifically saying the ending is straight forward like yankee stated. Had he left some sort of doubt on Talking Bad or made some sort of side comment about that scene I think it would be more feasible. It's a cool theory and does have some interesting points supporting it though.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really matter what Vince or any artist says or intends for their work to mean. It can be interpreted differently by the observer, provided the interpretations don't contradict the material.

I do agree that the theory isn't compelling enough.

Props to Eggy
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
It doesn't really matter what Vince or any artist says or intends for their work to mean. It can be interpreted differently by the observer, provided the interpretations don't contradict the material.

I do agree that the theory isn't compelling enough.

Badger and skinny Pete were putting on a laser show for Walt and his old buddies. Walt owned the cops and he took a chemo tranq dart at the end and fell asleep because chemo is rough so he needs an occasional tranq dart. The cops tucked him in after noticing him shivering. My interpretation. Oh, and Walt jr. was actually tuco.

PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want this thread to die down Sad

ELRammy
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
I don't want this thread to die down Sad

Yeah me too, i always looked forward to going to the Entertainment forum for this

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@NikkiFinke wrote:
Oliver Stone Slams “Ridiculous” Violence In ‘Breaking Bad’ Finale http://t.co/sR3edP3veX via @Deadline

Not sure if sober. As many commented, did he not see his own awful dumpster fire of a film called Savages? Laughing

You Already Know ... This Is What I Do

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 75 of 79

Jump to: