Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Take a chance on Josh Freeman? (Signed w/ Minny)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Browns would not sign freeman to start, they would sign him (extremely cheap) to come in and be a backup, learn, and see if he is worth keeping around next year.

Good potential reward, with almost zero risk.

We dont really have to sign him, just pick him up on waivers and pick up the rest of his contract. I believe the Bucs are on the hook for a majority of his contract so he would be cheap for whatever team waiver claims him. Also means at the end of the season he would be a FA. If he shows nothing while here, you just let him walk. If he shows good potential, then resign him.

Hey if our coaches were able to give Hoyer some potential to his career, I wonder what they could do to a QB with a buttload of talent

Worth a shot.... We have to pick up someone anyways...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea. Why wouldn't we? We will need to sign another guy and like it or not, Freeman is already better than every QB we got.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan214 wrote:
I like the idea. Why wouldn't we? We will need to sign another guy and like it or not, Freeman is already better than every QB we got.

He's really not that good
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the twitterverse we have no interest in Freeman. Too lazy to go find all the links but Caplan, Rappoport, and all the beat writers reported it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
According to the twitterverse we have no interest in Freeman. Too lazy to go find all the links but Caplan, Rappoport, and all the beat writers reported it.

Good he's a POS and not that good
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:

He'd be a great CFL QB, though.

#FreeJoshGordon
Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
mchjstnk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:

^ what he said!
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman was a guy who I thought had zero chance of being a successful quarterback coming out of college. Then that second year of his.... really the only good year of his career, made me believe in his talents. I dont know what went wrong since then exactly but I find him semi-intruging.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Browns would not sign freeman to start, they would sign him (extremely cheap) to come in and be a backup, learn, and see if he is worth keeping around next year.

We dont really have to sign him, just pick him up on waivers and pick up the rest of his contract. I believe the Bucs are on the hook for a majority of his contract so he would be cheap for whatever team waiver claims him. Also means at the end of the season he would be a FA. If he shows nothing while here, you just let him walk. If he shows good potential, then resign him.

Hey if our coaches were able to give Hoyer some potential to his career, I wonder what they could do to a QB with a buttload of talent
Freeman can sign wherever he wants and does not have to clear waivers. Because of this, I would say the chances the Browns could sign him even if they wanted to would be next to 0 unless they guaranteed him the starting job this year. The reason Freeman wanted out of TB is because he wants to start and believes he is a starting QB. He would never elect to put himself in a situation where he would be a back-up or on a try-out, especially because the Bucs are on the hook for his salary this season. He can afford to wait for a better situation than the Browns can offer him.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Freeman can sign wherever he wants and does not have to clear waivers. Because of this, I would say the chances the Browns could sign him even if they wanted to would be next to 0 unless they guaranteed him the starting job this year. The reason Freeman wanted out of TB is because he wants to start and believes he is a starting QB. He would never elect to put himself in a situation where he would be a back-up or on a try-out, especially because the Bucs are on the hook for his salary this season. He can afford to wait for a better situation than the Browns can offer him.

what other team in the NFL gives him a better situation?

Browns have a real question mark at the QB position next year and have had trouble with their QB this year. No other team has QB issues like the Browns do.

Yes Bills re currently hurting at QB but they also have their future QB on the roster.

Freeman knows going to Cleveland is the best possible long term QB because he can play well this year that he could be brought back as the long term situation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
SFaithful97 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

what other team in the NFL gives him a better situation?

Browns have a real question mark at the QB position next year and have had trouble with their QB this year. No other team has QB issues like the Browns do.

Yes Bills re currently hurting at QB but they also have their future QB on the roster.

Freeman knows going to Cleveland is the best possible long term QB because he can play well this year that he could be brought back as the long term situation

I think he is just saying that the Browns suck.

He thinks Freeman would be better off waiting for Peyton Manning or Drew Brees to go down than to take a guaranteed starting role (not that we would offer him that) from the Browns now. Heck, maybe even take over for Kaepernick when he gets hurt. Beggars can be choosers, you know.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihope the rumors we have in interest in him are true
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman is such a turd. That whole sit down interview with ESPN the week he was benched really rubbed me the wrong way. Who's to say he wouldnt cause a similar distraction once benched here?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
Freeman is such a turd. That whole sit down interview with ESPN the week he was benched really rubbed me the wrong way. Who's to say he wouldnt cause a similar distraction once benched here?

Anywhere he signs, the first sign of trouble the team will cut him... I think he understands that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:

Greg Schiano and his hilariously management of that team is to say.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: