Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers trade Beason to NY Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Why do people keep saying that Nicks will go to Carolina? Is it because he played college ball in NC? That's the only reason I think people keep speculating this.

That is the reason but people are oblivious to the fact Carolina has no cap room for him.

A large reason why Cruz didnt get the big deal he wanted is because we need money for Nicks.

This trade helps us get more right now we have 14-17 mill to carry over for next year. We take a hit in the trade with the cap but his contract will be gone. We have restructured a lot of contracts and made room.

I dont really understand the whole cap situation but dont you have a lot of money tied in Deangelo and Stewart.

I would be very surprised if Nicks ends up in Carolina

I don't know exact details, but Gettleman has been a man on a mission. He's been restructuring his butt off. And if I remember right, Williams was one of the players that restructured. But to answer the overarching question, yes, we have too much tied up in rbs.

CK on the sig
Cypher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams really isn't that bad. His cap hit increases from 5 mil this year to 6 next, and then 6.3 in 2015. Stewart, on the other hand, is deeply concerning. 6 mil cap hit next year is manageable, but in 2015 his number balloons to 8.8 million, then 9.5 million in 2016. I honestly don't know how Gettleman's going to fix that mess.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon deserves to start, so this is good.
Going to miss him. He was my favorite player. An elite talent.
Injuries killed him.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when Beason was giving Willis a run for his money for League's best ILB....injuries are terrible, man.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I remember when Beason was giving Willis a run for his money for League's best ILB....injuries are terrible, man.

Absolutely. Terrible to see them derail what could be great careers.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Wislakrak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will end up regretting this in the long run. He is a smart, and talented football player who can still be an asset once he fully recovers from injury.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will end up regretting this in the long run. He is a smart, and talented football player who can still be an asset once he fully recovers from injury.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wislakrak wrote:

He's been injured the past 2 years, only played 5 games. The games he played in this year, he didn't play well. He's a liability in coverage now since he can't move well.

The Panthers moved on from him when they drafted Keuchley and moved him into the MLB spot when Beason was out. They restructured his contract this past offseason so they could let him go with zero cost at the end of the season. Beason wanted to play MLB, so his weaknesses in coverage could be masked; he wasn't doing that in Carolina. Beason also wanted to start, he was not doing that either.

Basically the Giants are getting a rental for the rest of the season to see if Beason can be the man again in the middle. Beason will either succeed and be the man, or the injuries will get the best of him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
imani wrote:

What is sad is how many talented prospects there are that had a serious injury or is just injury prone in general. Danario Alexander is a perfect example. He would be on par with Aj Green and Megatron if he could stay healthy imo.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
imani wrote:

What is sad is how many talented prospects there are that had a serious injury or is just injury prone in general. Danario Alexander is a perfect example. He would be on par with Aj Green and Megatron if he could stay healthy imo.

Yeah. While he never would have gotten to us if he didn't have so many issues, last year showed how he had the potential to be a dominant receiver. Guy was just a monster. Real shame how he always gets injured. Malcom Floyd wouldn't be of the same caliber, but he could have put up big big numbers some years if he could have ever stayed healthy.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
imani

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
imani wrote:

slow down...

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
TheDeathStar

Location: Anchorage, Alaska, US, Planet Earth, Solar System A, Milky Way Galaxy
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was hoping the Giants would cough up a couple firsts for him, but that'll have to do.

This is actually a really really good move for the Giants. Shows they are yet to give up on the season.

daboyle is gud at sigz

Tony Romo OPOY Watch: Chokes, chokes. More chokes. A choke there too! Bad play calling. A choke. CHOOOOOKES

FLEX TWB
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeathStar wrote:
Was hoping the Giants would cough up a couple firsts for him, but that'll have to do.

This is actually a really really good move for the Giants. Shows they are yet to give up on the season.

Im hoping that the Giants can trade for Bruce Carter seen as he got benched. Very Happy

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
tom cody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent pickup for the Giants. Beason's only 28 so he can pick things up and still be productive.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wislakrak wrote:

Not really. We're doing this to secure other players long term. Players like Greg Hardy. I love Beason. And I hope he does go to NY and resurrect his career. But he just isnt in our long term plans anymore.

CK on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: