Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 - Lions @ Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
Worst one for me is still the Super Bowl against Denver. 14 point favorites I believe. Laid a huge stinky egg of a game.

As Ron Wolf put it so eloquently, losing that game essentially made the prior year Super Bowl victory a "fart in the wind".

Worst coaching performance of Mike Holmgren's career. If he simply makes an adjustment in his offensive game plan, the Pack takes that game easily. For all the good things Holmgren helped bring to Green Bay, I still have a hard time forgiving him for his performance as a HC in that game.
SamClemens89

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I cannot bring myself to watch any replays or highlights of this game. I will skip it when the NFLN is airing those episodes of all the SBs during SB week. Sad

It was hard for me too for a while......To this day, I still have a hard time watching Mark Schlereth on ESPN....

He is such a tool. The SB loss makes it even worse. John Elway should thank T. Davis every day for winning him those SBs.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SamClemens89 wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I cannot bring myself to watch any replays or highlights of this game. I will skip it when the NFLN is airing those episodes of all the SBs during SB week. Sad

It was hard for me too for a while......To this day, I still have a hard time watching Mark Schlereth on ESPN....

He is such a tool. The SB loss makes it even worse. John Elway should thank T. Davis every day for winning him those SBs.

And to now watch him in his suit on the sidelines while the Broncos are beating up on cupcakes isn't to much fun either. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always love the first October game. Feels like the kick-off to autumn to me Very Happy

gah, i friggin love fall...
squire12

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
squire12 wrote:
Worst one for me is still the Super Bowl against Denver. 14 point favorites I believe. Laid a huge stinky egg of a game.

As Ron Wolf put it so eloquently, losing that game essentially made the prior year Super Bowl victory a "fart in the wind".

Worst coaching performance of Mike Holmgren's career. If he simply makes an adjustment in his offensive game plan, the Pack takes that game easily. For all the good things Holmgren helped bring to Green Bay, I still have a hard time forgiving him for his performance as a HC in that game.

Looking back at that game/situation. Seemed like Holmgren was most of the way out the door to a GM/HC position. Team was too overconfident. Thought they could show up and win it. Denver ran it right through that defense and gained tons of confidence early.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
i always love the first October game. Feels like the kick-off to autumn to me Very Happy

gah, i friggin love fall...
QFT. October noon games at Lambeau>>>>

That crisp cool air, the smells of the tailgating, the colors of the season, then when the game starts the sun is out and it is comfortable in the stands. I'll challenge any stadium, any town, any team, any game against a great October game at Lambeau, just unbeatable.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're all going to be bitterly disappointed with the atmosphere tomorrow if the rain/thunder were getting now stretches into tomorrow. Laughing It's as dark and dreary as it will ever be in the area right now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SamClemens89 wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:

Bill Romanowski is an even bigger tool, but at least I don't watch him on television any more.....
Awesimo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp game is tomorrow. Best of luck to the Pack, hopefully a hard fought, exciting, and injury free game! Could someone tell Rodgers to take it easy on us? lol xD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesimo wrote:
Welp game is tomorrow. Best of luck to the Pack, hopefully a hard fought, exciting, and injury free game! Could someone tell Rodgers to take it easy on us? lol xD

IF you tell Bush and Suh the same thing....
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to be a rainy 'mudder' in GB today so this might be the day to let Lacy loose on the kitties. Is Bush better than Gore? We did keep Gore in check in week 1...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SamClemens89 wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

THIS ONES FOR JOHN!!! Every time I hear that Brick wall
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Detroit's strategy is going to be long time consuming drives, keeping AR and our offense on the sidelines.....And IF they can establish a fair lead, they will try and run Bush down our throats.....

However, I don't expect Stafford to keep up with Rodgers....But than again, if the weather is terrible, it might not be a great passing day for either QB.....My gut however tells me Stafford isn't going to have a very good game...

Let's hope the injuries are minimal, and that we get back into the thick of the NFC North hunt....
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see any rain now on radar in Green Bay, though it looks like they had storms overnight. Bet the grounds crew was out there at the crack of dawn getting the field ready.
Trizzcuit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have got to create some turnovers. CJ (as long as he is playing) is going to get his yards. But if we can get some pressure on Stafford and force a few bad throws we should be fine.

Hopefully AR got the INTs out of his system in CIN.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 15 of 47

Jump to: