Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 News & Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/GeoffMosherCSN
Quote:
Ced Thornton played well at nose, lined up across center vs. Denver. Started season at DE, lined up vs. OTs. Look for Ced to stay there.
Quote:
Isaac Sopoaga just wasn't making enough of an impact and had his snaps limited vs. Denver and will probably be again vs. Giants.
Quote:
So this is basically one of the very few personnel changes Billy Davis has made, one of the few he can make.
Quote:
Trent Cole saw more time at DE with Thornton moving inside. Look for more fronts with Cole at DE vs. Giants and Graham/Curry rotated in.

Anything that gets Vinny on the field more is good by me.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see Thornton at the nose - need to get our best players on the field, which Sopoaga isn't

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Good to see Thornton at the nose - need to get our best players on the field, which Sopoaga isn't
Wouldn't make sense to cut him this season, but he'll take up just $1M in dead cash next year if cut. I think that's a real possibility while we search for another anchor up front.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Wouldn't make sense to cut him this season, but he'll take up just $1M in dead cash next year if cut. I think that's a real possibility while we search for another anchor up front.

Yeh, obviously Logan and Square aren't ready, so keep Sopoaga around for experience.

In the offseason, I expect we'll either look for a NT or a DE (and keep Thornton at NT)

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
We still need to throw more screens to DJax. I don't understand why the last time I saw DeSean catch a screen was the pro bowl from 2 or 3 years ago and Chip was supposed to be a big screen guy.

I think they've tried, but the two last teams have covered the flats really aggressively.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense, Giants can't run the ball. We know they're going to pass might as well have a light line on the field most of the time: Curry/Thornton/Cox. That should help with the pass rush and force the Giants to run the ball more.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have a Dane"
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-----------------Kendricks------Ryans---------------------------
-----------Cole-----------Ced----------Cox----Curry---Barwin------
------------------T------G------C------G------T------TE--------

^That is the front we should be using. Graham can rotate for Curry, Barwin or Cole. If Graham comes in for Curry, Curry can just slide over and spell Cox or fill in if Cox got injured. Cole is in a 3-pt stance, Barwin standing.

Then you can fill in whatever cover you want. Why we insist on running a 2-gap 3-4 when our roster consists of smaller DTs who are good pass rushers, numerous good pass rushers who can't cover, and a lack of strong talent at LB boggles my mind.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Schefter was told Buffalo understands that the wisest course of action is to trade Byrd, and they are, indeed, open to dealing him, according to sources. Schefter was told that trade talks are ongoing.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000256750/article/jairus-byrd-reportedly-being-shopped-by-buffalo-bills

Would be a mistake to not trade for him unless the asking price was a 1st or 2nd.

I would give up a 3rd for on of the best safeties in the NFL plantar fasciitis or not. You aren't likely to draft someone in the third round who will ever give you the same potential or production of one of the most proven safeties in the league who is still only 26.

Missing out on this would be a pretty big blunder IMO. The front office needs to make this happen.

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't think we win the Byrd sweepstakes if they trade him. A team that is trying to bolster their team for the playoffs might do so. I'd actually prefer we keep our draft picks in that case.

I think our chances are really great if he hits free agency though. I can envision one of those scenarios where Chip convinces him just to visit, and they finish a deal before he can walk out of the Novacare.

Hopefully their asking price for him is too steep and teams don't trade for him.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I actually don't think we win the Byrd sweepstakes if they trade him. A team that is trying to bolster their team for the playoffs might do so. I'd actually prefer we keep our draft picks in that case.

I think our chances are really great if he hits free agency though. I can envision one of those scenarios where Chip convinces him just to visit, and they finish a deal before he can walk out of the Novacare.

Hopefully their asking price for him is too steep and teams don't trade for him.

I'll trade a 3rd, but not a 2nd or 1st. Byrd is a player we can't miss on if we can get him. He is too talented to miss on, but that being said there is no way we give up a 2nd or 1st for him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get Byrd in FA, great, but trades are for that one player that can put you over the top

Hammertime52 wrote:

"We have a Dane"
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
If we can get Byrd in FA, great, but trades are for that one player that can put you over the top

I wholeheartedly agree.

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 53 Sacks: 3 FF: 2 Interceptions: 0
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving up a 3rd round pick for a safety that would be the best we've had since Dawk left would be a bad idea?

Who are we going to draft in the 3rd round that will make that much of an impact?

Or should we just continue to draft the Jarret, Demps, and Wolffs of the world?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Giving up a 3rd round pick for a safety that would be the best we've had since Dawk left would be a bad idea?

Who are we going to draft in the 3rd round that will make that much of an impact?

Or should we just continue to draft the Jarret, Demps, and Wolffs of the world?

You were the one saying he had foot injuries Wink

Hammertime52 wrote:

"We have a Dane"
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
You were the one saying he had foot injuries Wink

You got me RCB. Cool

But I think it might be worth it with the foot issues. If I have to watch WRs run behind our safeties every game next season, I might cry.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 74 of 99

Jump to: