Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Henery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Is Alex just struggling though? Yesterday we had quite an awkward moment when we were in range of a 50 or so yard field goal but Alex never got the call.

The TV cameras even shot to him, and Alex just sorta dipped his head. Anybody have that moment taped? It was as if Alex knew he wasn't getting the call and his body language showed.

Hell, the only reason the TV crew made the rare shot of Henery was because EVEN THEY were expecting us to attempt a field goal. But it didn't happen and we just punted.

I think we saw more evidence in support of those claiming he isn't trusted with making long kicks.

and that could be because chip doesnt want to rattle him more by missing a somewhat long kick.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Phire wrote:
Is Alex just struggling though? Yesterday we had quite an awkward moment when we were in range of a 50 or so yard field goal but Alex never got the call.

The TV cameras even shot to him, and Alex just sorta dipped his head. Anybody have that moment taped? It was as if Alex knew he wasn't getting the call and his body language showed.

Hell, the only reason the TV crew made the rare shot of Henery was because EVEN THEY were expecting us to attempt a field goal. But it didn't happen and we just punted.

I think we saw more evidence in support of those claiming he isn't trusted with making long kicks.

and that could be because chip doesnt want to rattle him more by missing a somewhat long kick.

What is more rattling? Missing a long field goal your not supposed to make or your coach not trusting you to even kick the football? The coaches don't trust him, and they shouldn't. I honestly don't know why he is still on the roster. Dan Carpenter was on the streets last I heard...

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if you're a kicker and get rattled that easily... you might not be a good kicker. This is what we're talking about.

To be a good kicker doesn't mean leg strength and accuracy.

Yeah, those things are paramount, but having icy veins is also imperative. This is why it doesn't matter how strong his leg is, or what his accuracy% is. If he doesn't have the mental fortitude, then he's a bad kicker.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
But if you're a kicker and get rattled that easily... you might not be a good kicker. This is what we're talking about.

Yeah, those things are paramount, but having icy veins is also imperative. This is why it doesn't matter how strong his leg is, or what his accuracy% is. If he doesn't have the mental fortitude, then he's a bad kicker.

and maybe he doesnt. and maybe he could have hit that FG. maybe not getting the go ahead on the kick hits him where it counts and makes him focus more. maybe it shatters the rest of his confidence and he goes in the pooper.

but after 4 games we are ready to throw him to the curb and get a kicker off the street? its three fgs and our team is garbage, lets give the guy a chance to get back on track. its not like he the difference between us going to the super bowl and us being the crap we are now.

Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Phire wrote:

and maybe he doesnt. and maybe he could have hit that FG. maybe not getting the go ahead on the kick hits him where it counts and makes him focus more. maybe it shatters the rest of his confidence and he goes in the pooper.

but after 4 games we are ready to throw him to the curb and get a kicker off the street? its three fgs and our team is garbage, lets give the guy a chance to get back on track. its not like he the difference between us going to the super bowl and us being the crap we are now.

I know some are saying it, but I'm not part of those saying we should cut him. He'll get the year. But this is worrying to me because he hasn't proven the mental aspect yet, and this is his first real test. And he seems to have hit some turbulence.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Phire wrote:

You act like he has never had any struggles before. These are the facts:

Andy shielded Alex from kicking 50 yd fgs.
When he did kick them, he missed them.
He looked awful all camp and preseason, so this has been an issue.
His leg is not that strong, and he clearly is not that accurate.
WE SPENT A 4th ROUND DRAFT PICK ON HIM.

Spending a 4th round draft pick on a kicker is like spending a 1st round pick on a QB, he had better be good. Henery has never been good though, he has always been average at best. Time to move on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Phire wrote:

I know some are saying it, but I'm not part of those saying we should cut him. He'll get the year. But this is worrying to me because he hasn't proven the mental aspect yet, and this is his first real test. And he seems to have hit some turbulence.

o dont get me wrong im worried. he seems shaken. and he might not get it back. its just hes getting hammered hard by people when he really shouldnt.

eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how anyone can defend Henery at this point.
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Phire wrote:

You act like he has never had any struggles before. These are the facts:

Andy shielded Alex from kicking 50 yd fgs.
When he did kick them, he missed them.
He looked awful all camp and preseason, so this has been an issue.
His leg is not that strong, and he clearly is not that accurate.
WE SPENT A 4th ROUND DRAFT PICK ON HIM.

Spending a 4th round draft pick on a kicker is like spending a 1st round pick on a QB, he had better be good. Henery has never been good though, he has always been average at best. Time to move on.

if thats true, then we should hold on to him for three years to long? because normally when you draft a qb in the first you hold onto him longer then you should. [/b]

Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Phire wrote:

Why wouldn't he want to rattle him by putting him in a place kickers are put every week? If he feels that he should baby him so much, then he is not an NFL kicker.

Akers missed more than his share of FG's but at least he was a leader and not afraid of contact when needed. Alex Henery not only misses routine and long field goals but craps the bed whenever the play goes his way. There's nothing he is good at to make it worth keeping him.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henery has missed a FG in 3 straight games now, all from 40-49 yards.

To his apologists, are we still overlooking what he's done lately because of what he did in the past?
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Henery has missed a FG in 3 straight games now, all from 40-49 yards.

To his apologists, are we still overlooking what he's done lately because of what he did in the past?

I think like a lot of other players we have to wait and see at the end of the year. Yeah Henery been good in the past, but a lot of that was because we sucked in the red zone.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see Henery have a good game. 5 for 5, although they were all from 41 yards or less. But hey, you have to get going from somewhere.

I still think if we're in a 4th down and 10 or less from between the 25 and 40 yard line on the opponent's side of the field, might as well just go for it.
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wasn't going to miss because he didn't have to make a tackle on KO.
As soon as he does, he gets shaken up.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Blahman88

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOF, GOAT. BITW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: