Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Who the eff cares who he'd play over?

We aren't trading for him.

Nice insight! Upgrading your roster is always a priority. Unless you're satisfied with being 2-2? Every bills fan should care.

Are you seriously kidding me? It would take at least a 2nd round pick to get him. So you want to "upgrade" our DEEPEST POSITION. When we could be using a TOP PICK on a PAPER THIN SECONDARY OR OFFENSIVE LINE OR PASS RUSH OR LINEBACKER?

WHAT.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see absolutely no need for him. I love who we already have. We could use a taller guy but it isn't a big need. We have other, more important holes to fill at CB, Guard and potentially Safety.

jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:

Nice insight! Upgrading your roster is always a priority. Unless you're satisfied with being 2-2? Every bills fan should care.

Are you seriously kidding me? It would take at least a 2nd round pick to get him. So you want to "upgrade" our DEEPEST POSITION. When we could be using a TOP PICK on a PAPER THIN SECONDARY OR OFFENSIVE LINE OR PASS RUSH OR LINEBACKER?

WHAT.

I can do that too....

You are out of your mind!! We just spent 100 million dollars on a pass rusher. Traded away our starting ILB for a PASS RUSHER! Have a COMBINED 4 FIRST or SECOND ROUND picks in the secondary. Just drafted a linebacker in the 2nd. Paid Manny Lawson good money at OLB. Our secondary, when healthy, is not paper thin at all! We did just pay Leo BIG money for a corner. Have a 24 year old RT. A young left tackle 2nd round pick and if they wanted to invest in a guard.... WHY LET OUR PRO BOWLER WALK!?!? just gave our center a big deal. And you want to invest a 2nd round pick on these positions? WHAT.

Sounds kinda silly right?^^^^

There is plenty of value in Gordon for a 2nd rd pick. In fact, I'd rewind back to the draft and spend our 2nd rounder on him rather than Woods. All day everyday.

TommyC376^^^
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 2nd round pick for a guy who could be suspended for a year if he has one more slip up? No thanks. Gordon is an amazing talent, but its HIGHLY unlikely we even talk about trading for him. Our WRs are starting to gain chemistry with EJ. Gordon would come in and would struggle with chemistry for the first few games.

There is no reason whatsoever to trade a 2nd round pick for him, in case you guys forgot, we are still rebuilding.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
A 2nd round pick for a guy who could be suspended for a year if he has one more slip up? No thanks. Gordon is an amazing talent, but its HIGHLY unlikely we even talk about trading for him. Our WRs are starting to gain chemistry with EJ. Gordon would come in and would struggle with chemistry for the first few games.

There is no reason whatsoever to trade a 2nd round pick for him, in case you guys forgot, we are still rebuilding.

Would you trade a 2nd round pick for Aldon Smith or Von Miller? Not trying to be confrontational or smart. Serious question.

TommyC376^^^
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Would you trade a 2nd round pick for Aldon Smith or Von Miller? Not trying to be confrontational or smart. Serious question.

That's a little unfair. Von and Aldon are better pass rushers than Gordon is a WR. A closer comparison i think would be someone like Ryan Kerrigan (minus Gordon's off the field stuff)

Adopt-A-Bills:
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair but I think that Thursday night could change your opinion. He's not as established as those 2 guys but the talent is all there. I'm watching Monday Night Countdown... Brandon Weeden "C'MON MANNNNN!" In all seriousness, his skill set is a blend of AJ Green/Vincent Jackson IMO.

TommyC376^^^
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

That's a little unfair. Von and Aldon are better pass rushers than Gordon is a WR. A closer comparison i think would be someone like Ryan Kerrigan (minus Gordon's off the field stuff)
And to answer that question with Kerrigan as the subject, no probably not.

Von/Aldon are top 5 LBs. Gordon isn't even a top 10 WR.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:

WHAT.

I can do that too....

You are out of your mind!! We just spent 100 million dollars on a pass rusher. Traded away our starting ILB for a PASS RUSHER! Have a COMBINED 4 FIRST or SECOND ROUND picks in the secondary. Just drafted a linebacker in the 2nd. Paid Manny Lawson good money at OLB. Our secondary, when healthy, is not paper thin at all! We did just pay Leo BIG money for a corner. Have a 24 year old RT. A young left tackle 2nd round pick and if they wanted to invest in a guard.... WHY LET OUR PRO BOWLER WALK!?!? just gave our center a big deal. And you want to invest a 2nd round pick on these positions? WHAT.

Sounds kinda silly right?^^^^

There is plenty of value in Gordon for a 2nd rd pick. In fact, I'd rewind back to the draft and spend our 2nd rounder on him rather than Woods. All day everyday.

Are you kidding me? I was saying those positions because those are a far bigger need than Wide Receiver. Who gives a rat's --- how much they're getting paid. If they're the weakest position, they're the weakest position. I can't believe you just used that as an argument. The worst argument I've seen in a long. long time.

End of the day. Adding Gordon to our team would not help us more than drafting a top tier Line Backer or Corner Back.
NikkiSixx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its highly unlikely but I would love it Buffalo was able to trade Jairus Byrd for Josh Gordon.

Gordon, Stevie, and Woods would make for one of the best trios in all of football.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we clear up the we are "thin" at corner? I think we are "injured" at corner. Our top 3 corners are injured. If Stevie/Robert/TJ go down, we are not "paper thin" at receiver. It isn't sound the emergency horn and draft a WR in next years draft. That would be injured and part of the game.

WR...Stevie, Woods, Goodwin, TJ, Easley, Hogan

CB.... Gilmore, Leo, Robey, Brooks, Rogers, and flexibility with A.Williams

There is no difference between our receiver/CB depth.

TommyC376^^^
NikkiSixx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
Can we clear up the we are "thin" at corner? I think we are "injured" at corner. Our top 3 corners are injured. If Stevie/Robert/TJ go down, we are not "paper thin" at receiver. It isn't sound the emergency horn and draft a WR in next years draft. That would be injured and part of the game.

Well RIGHT NOW we are thin at corner. I agree there is no rush to spend high draft picks on secondary... I think maybe a 3rd rounder on a corner will be just fine. We aren't even having this discussion if Gilmore and McKelvin don't get injured. As of right now though we don't have many guys that are gonna be able to go out there and play cornerback. If we did we wouldn't be starting Justin Rogers.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikkiSixx wrote:
jsnydes wrote:

Well RIGHT NOW we are thin at corner. I agree there is no rush to spend high draft picks on secondary... I think maybe a 3rd rounder on a corner will be just fine. We aren't even having this discussion if Gilmore and McKelvin don't get injured. As of right now though we don't have many guys that are gonna be able to go out there and play cornerback. If we did we wouldn't be starting Justin Rogers.

Exactly. A draft pick next spring can't help us with our "injury" problem this Thursday.

TommyC376^^^
braylonsHands

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Maxmw22 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

And to answer that question with Kerrigan as the subject, no probably not.

Von/Aldon are top 5 LBs. Gordon isn't even a top 10 WR.

I guess you will find out tonight how good Gordon is. There is no way the browns would consider trading him for less than a good first round pick, and even that if off the table now. Gordon has off the field problems, yes, but he is a top 5 WR talent. Within 2 years, assuming he doesn't do something stupid, he will have very good numbers.

Skipping over sleeper43 posts since 4/19/09
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
I'd much rather trade a 5th for Greg Little.

Ya'll got jokes.

Vince Lombardi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: