Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dunbar Oficially Re-signs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be a welcomed addition to the run defense and getting pressure, assuming he can get back to game shape pretty quick...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
He'll be a welcomed addition to the run defense and getting pressure, assuming he can get back to game shape pretty quick...

Well he'll have a full week of practice. I doubt he just sat there and did nothing for 4 weeks

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

Well he'll have a full week of practice. I doubt he just sat there and did nothing for 4 weeks

Being in game shape is completely different from just working out/training to stay active...

Ask anyone who's played football, or most sports for that matter. There is really only one way to get back in it...

IDOG_det on the sig...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

Being in game shape is completely different from just working out/training to stay active...

Ask anyone who's played football, or most sports for that matter. There is really only one way to get back in it...
Well he did get to participate in the Pre-Season, so he isnt coming in completely cold.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

I know I played and wrestled my whole life, I just don't think he'll be THAT out of shape. Especially with the training the athletes in the Nfl get. But yeah it could take him a game to re-adjust

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you LAWD JESSUS.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please
This is exactly what the D could use right now

^El Ramster^
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Very nice. Now we just gotta figure out something for the running game.

I wouldn't mind Beanie Wells

We're better off with what we have.

Don't understand why we just can't give Pead more chances.

because hes not effective.
And Richardson's 2.7 yards per carry is? Yea ok...

Pead has to be in the dog house about something, that is really the only explanation of why he was inactive on Thursday night, because he clearly looked like the best RB on the team against Dallas. He was averaging almost 5 yards per touch that he got. While Richardson is under 4 with triple the touches.

Daryl Richardson is not a dynamic player, he is a typical Ham & Egger, he has to be 100% healthy with good blocking in front of him to look alright, and even then he is an average RB. Its nice to have that type of guy in your back pocket, he is a decent backup, and thats why he was a 7th round pick. Pead has the explosive skills, has the blocking, running, and receiving abilities that you look for in a lead back, he just hasn't been able to put them together on the field.

But that is all besides the point... The problem is the Line. Yes we got a nice deal with Jake Long, but when you are lining up Chris Williams next to him? When you are sticking with an Old, Slow, and now weaker Harvey Dahl on the other side? And worst of all you got duped and are paying a Center that looks like every DT in the league can blow him up right now, Its going to be a problem. Yes your RT got hurt, and he makes a difference, but if you had the rest of the OL set, it could be masked. And as much as Joe Barksdale got beat these past 2 weeks, its the pressure up the middle that is not only killing the Run game, but what gets to Bradford.

Yes that .gif of Bradford is funny, but that is more than a play, a series, even a game of frustration. That is an entire career of "WTF am I supposed to do?"

I agree with most of what you said, but the part I bolded should have an asterisk. What was the score by the time he got his first carry? If I remember correctly, he mostly saw second half carries, when the defense was by and large conceding the run. I'm all on board for giving Pead a chance, because at this point, the only direction to go in the running game is up.

If Fisher feels Pead is the best option, then shame on him for putting him in the dog house. A head coach's first priority is to win games, not to establish boundaries with player conduct (in minor incidents such as this). I don't think this is the case though. I think he's protecting Pead because he isn't mentally ready to play.

I say this because of Pead's poor decisions when returning kicks and constant mis-steps when running with or catching the ball. He literally trips over himself at times. There was a play in the Dallas game that would make a great gif. Let me see if I can find it.....

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally some great news.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
iRaMs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

Finally some great news.

Yes!!!

RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Finally some great news.

Yes!!!

Good to see.. Should probably update the thread name since he hasn't signed yet

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/dunbar-re-signs-with-rams/article_7e8c19d2-2c39-5d01-bb97-7b74344f1c23.html

Quote:
His four-game NFL suspension over, linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar has agreed to terms with the Rams and will re-sign with the team today, pending a physical.

Dunbar’s return comes at a time when the Rams’ defense is struggling both to stop the run and the pass.

In addition, the status of his September replacement, Will Witherspoon, is uncertain for Sunday’s game with Jacksonville because of a hamstring injury.

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/dunbar-re-signs-with-rams/article_7e8c19d2-2c39-5d01-bb97-7b74344f1c23.html

Quote:
His four-game NFL suspension over, linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar has agreed to terms with the Rams and will re-sign with the team today, pending a physical.

Dunbar’s return comes at a time when the Rams’ defense is struggling both to stop the run and the pass.

In addition, the status of his September replacement, Will Witherspoon, is uncertain for Sunday’s game with Jacksonville because of a hamstring injury.

Any idea on any numbers? How many years? It'd be nice to see us get a good deal.
Ray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, if we could just find a replacement for
TJ. McDonald we would be that much better.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:

Quote:

Any idea on any numbers? How many years? It'd be nice to see us get a good deal.

Good deal as in long term or cheap? It's probably a very cheap deal.. We don't have much cap room at the moment

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: