Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anybody notice this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Anybody notice this Reply with quote

The rotation with Avril and Schofield on the ends with Bennet, Mcdaniel, Mebane, or Red Bryant on the inside is your best front. Wreaked havoc against the best the best oline in the NFL 49ers.

Bennet is your best hunter up front, Cliff Avril is second. Both lost playing time to sacrifice for the return of clemons. He just hampered the defense, was uneffective minus that lucky sack he got. Cut him. Cliff Avril needs more snaps, as well as Schoefield.

You guys don't even need Irvin.

The rotation of Sherman opposite Maxwell, with Thurman playing nickel is your best rotation. Browner is ok, Maxwell really had a great game against the 9ers, proving he's way better. Cut Browner, which is probably going to happen since he's gonna ask for a big contract and the tell tell signes of drafting 6'3" Tharald Simon from LSU looks like their in the process of replacing him.

Good to see a win with a gimpy offensive line. You guys need to use your tight ends over the middle more. Was some questionable play calling on 3rd and short against a great defensive line.

Defense is gonna hold it down. Secondary is gonna force turnovers, its basically in the hands of Russel Wilson and the offensive playcalling.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody notice this Reply with quote

Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
The rotation with Avril and Schofield on the ends with Bennet, Mcdaniel, Mebane, or Red Bryant on the inside is your best front. Wreaked havoc against the best the best oline in the NFL 49ers.

Bennet is your best hunter up front, Cliff Avril is second. Both lost playing time to sacrifice for the return of clemons. He just hampered the defense, was uneffective minus that lucky sack he got. Cut him. Cliff Avril needs more snaps, as well as Schoefield.

The rotation of Sherman opposite Maxwell, with Thurman playing nickel is your best rotation. Browner is ok, Maxwell really had a great game against the 9ers, proving he's way better. Cut Browner, which is probably going to happen since he's gonna ask for a big contract and the tell tell signes of drafting 6'3" Tharald Simon from LSU looks like their in the process of replacing him.

Good to see a win with a gimpy offensive line. You guys need to use your tight ends over the middle more. Was some questionable play calling on 3rd and short against a great defensive line.

Defense is gonna hold it down. Secondary is gonna force turnovers, its basically in the hands of Russel Wilson and the offensive playcalling.
We could have started a hobo off the street at DE against SF and got pressure. The crowd fueled everyone on the D to play lights out. It has nothing to do with Clem being bad. Clem is who gives the unit fire and is way better against the run than Avril. He isn't a liability at all.

Why do you think Avril has gotten more pressures? Against SF they had to throw it all second half. More chances to rush. Houston had a balanced attack and I'm guessing the coaches agree that Clem is better against the run than Avril. My thoughts anyway.

Irvin isnt expendable. I believe he's going to make our LB core so much better.

Browner is better than Maxwell. Maxwell and Thurmond struggled mightily againt the JAGUARS in the 4th. Browner and Sherman had no problem at all except one deep ball which was Thomas and the Linebackers fault.

We all know about the playcalling. Most Seahawk posters could call better plays than Bevell.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We definitely need Irvin. He brings another gear of speed off the edge to our defense that no one else has. Plus he's moved to LB so he can get on the field at the same time as Clem/Avril.

I don't mind the rotation of Clem and Avril. Clem is way better against the run. They're pretty close in the pass rush area so keeping each fresh is something I'm not against. I'd have no issue letting Browner go. I like the guy, but I feel we can get younger and faster at the position. His press coverage is key to our defense though so whoever took over there must be able to press

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody notice this Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:

We could have started a hobo off the street at DE against SF and got pressure. The crowd fueled everyone on the D to play lights out. It has nothing to do with Clem being bad. Clem is who gives the unit fire and is way better against the run than Avril. He isn't a liability at all.

Why do you think Avril has gotten more pressures? Against SF they had to throw it all second half. More chances to rush. Houston had a balanced attack and I'm guessing the coaches agree that Clem is better against the run than Avril. My thoughts anyway.

Browner is better than Maxwell. Maxwell and Thurmond struggled mightily againt the JAGUARS in the 4th. Browner and Sherman had no problem at all except one deep ball which was Thomas and the Linebackers fault.

We all know about the playcalling. Most Seahawk posters could call better plays than Bevell.

Its week 12. Minus week 7 playing against a dismall offensive line, you guys are averaging 2.28 sacks a game since playing the 49ers.

Michael Bennett is your best hunter, and I would say that the rotation that got the bulk of playing time against the 49ers is your best rotation. Clemons who will get an occasional sack is expendable, so is Irvin.

I would say that even though the secondary is great, Browner is your Lone sore spot. He looks very uncomfortable in cover 3. I think Byron Maxwell is less athletic, but a lot more stickier.
sirensong

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody notice this Reply with quote

Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:

Its week 12. Minus week 7 playing against a dismall offensive line, you guys are averaging 2.28 sacks a game since playing the 49ers.

Michael Bennett is your best hunter, and I would say that the rotation that got the bulk of playing time against the 49ers is your best rotation. Clemons who will get an occasional sack is expendable, so is Irvin.

I would say that even though the secondary is great, Browner is your Lone sore spot. He looks very uncomfortable in cover 3. I think Byron Maxwell is less athletic, but a lot more stickier.

Schofiled isnt 1/2 the player Bruce or Clem is. Hes not as good a pass rusher consistently and hes not close to either of them in any other area. Quite trolling.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody notice this Reply with quote

Str8Wreckin08 wrote:

So to be clear... you've only watched the 49ers game and you're basing your entire analysis off of that. Right?

That's a pretty poor way to approach things.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody notice this Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:

Schofiled isnt 1/2 the player Bruce or Clem is. Hes not as good a pass rusher consistently and hes not close to either of them in any other area. Quite trolling.

Clem has only 3 sacks in 9 games? Not that impressive.

Schofield gets constant pressure. Well atleast in the game against the 49ers. Much better then Bruce who is ineffective.

Cliff Avril is better then both. Do you honestly think Clem is in the plans for the future?
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody notice this Reply with quote

Str8Wreckin08 wrote:

Schofield gets constant pressure. Well atleast in the game against the 49ers. Much better then Bruce who is ineffective.

Cliff Avril is better then both. Do you honestly think Clem is in the plans for the future?

Quote:
So to be clear... you've only watched the 49ers game and you're basing your entire analysis off of that. Right?

Clem isn't part of the long-term plans though, no. I believe we cut him after this year and keep Bennett and Avril

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody notice this Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:

Quote:

Clem isn't part of the long-term plans though, no. I believe we cut him after this year and keep Bennett and Avril

I agree. Clem is definitely gone, Michael Bennett will be re-signed (perhaps at the expense of Red Bryant if $$$ are tight) and Cliff Avril should cost no more than Clem currently costs the team.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avril was on a 2 year contract as is

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are buying into the fact that Byron Maxwell is better then Brandon Browner now?

He flawlessly plays cover 3, (the best in the league) and he effortlessly plays man.

Not as an impressive athlete like Brandon Browner, but way better technique and a lot more sticker. Sort of like a Patrick Tillman for the bears. This guys gonna get better with age. Cut Browner.

This was my top 5 corner coming out of college.

Bruce Irvin put on 15 pounds. Up to 260. Showed some strength on the pass rush in his limited rush action Monday night. Mostly droped back into zone. But when they did cut him loose, he looked dang good.

I say give him one more year, and if he doesn't improve, then cut him.

You guys shouls look for a pass rusher in this years draft.

Also, Pete Carrol has proved that you don't have to spend a lot on wr's to be a good team. Yea we got no name guys, but their very effective. I got a feeling Pete is waiting to pull the rabbit out the hat till the time is right.

But, you do need atleast one stud wr.
Meeker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I think thats all that needs to be said.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or is our defensive game plan to hold on every play? It seems that we consistently hold past the 5 yard line. Sometimes we get called on it and sometimes we don't. Now don't get me wrong, I like the idea of it.

If we get called for it it's almost an acceptable penalty because if we continue to get in the head of the WRs, they effectively take themselves out of the game (prime example would be Boldin).

Maybe it's just me but we do hold much more the any other team I've watched this year.

~props to mike23md~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: