Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 draft is stacked at QB, trade up or never win a SB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kanedafx wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
kanedafx wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

What else you got?

How about today's game? Very Happy

Talk about vindication.

In FOUR of his last SIX games he has thrown a pick 6.

In THREE of the FOUR games this season he has thrown a pick 6.

So about 75% of the time the man is throwing a pick 6 to the other team. In any other organization, Schaub would be benched. But in the Texans scheme of "we're friends outside the locker room too!" he'll continue to get shots and continue to take this team NOWHERE.

Just go away already, troll. You show up two weeks ago after a dismal effort and act as if your "Matt Schaub sucks" insight reveals anything and now we get a week of "I told you so." Joe Flacco threw 5 interceptions today and lost to the pathetic Bills & Big Ben went to 0-4 by losing to Matt Cassel - stop acting as if your argument is anything more than it is - kicking us when we're down.

There have been perfectly valid arguments against Matt Schaub (just not any made by you) both before and after today they will be even more valid. I clearly stated last week, that if Matt continued to make damaging decisions, he would need to hit the pine. Unlike you, however, I take no joy in having arrived at the point at which we are here because it means we WILL NOT be going anywhere this year as any stinking argument you make about Schaub will only be magnified three-fold by Yates or Keenum. All it means is that we will remain a team of unrealized potential for another season and that is nothing to celebrate aside from the "I told you so" crowd. Again, just because Matt Schaub screwed up again today, it doesn't make any of the morons who scream "just trade him and draft a QB" right as there are dozens of Qbs that have been drafted highly that have been much more epically useless than Schaub has been. Heck, Kaepernick is one of the good ones and he wishes he was close enough to lose the game considering he threw 3 ints with only 127 yards passing and no Tds. No, we are just moving quickly to that "McNabb has to go" phase like the Eagles once were - doesn't mean the Eagles fans booing the McNabb over Ricky Williams pick were right - it just means windows of opportunity don't stay open that long in this league and if that guy can't get it done, you have to move on. Let's just be careful what we wish for as the Eagles fans dancing once McNabb was run out of town might not have been so happy if they saw the 11 team team McNabb guided degenerate into the 4 win team last year that ended the Reid era as well.

But hey, Saints fan, congrats on correctly ripping the Texans QB the past 2 weeks. Maybe you can fix the Astros next...

while you and I disagree about Schaub, I agree with you about this posing Texan fan who rips our qb and team and pretends to be a fan. Just go be a Saints fan and be done with it dude.

Apollo and ax2: while I too do not appreciate kanedafx's posts the past couple of weeks, he hasn't broken any forum rules with anything yet. If you have a problem with anything he says, pm me and we'll discuss it.

That said, kanedafx, that does not give you free reign in this forum. Please realize that most of the fans in this forum view it as an insult when you come in clad in full Saints regalia and claim to know more about the Texans than fans like ax2, who is as dedicated to his team as anyone I've ever met.

I am not trying to troll, I've lived in Houston over a decade and my house is draped in Saints AND Texans merch. I don't see why I can't be a fan of both. I'm from Louisiana and I live in Houston. I love both teams and follow both teams closely. It's not mutually exclusive, they only play each other once every 4 years! So ONE game every four years I have to pick a favorite, otherwise I can easily cheer for both.

And since I live here, I'm actually more familiar with the Texans than the Saints. I listen to 790 and 610 during both commutes and pretty much anytime I'm in the car, I read the Houston Chronicle, I watch local news, and I've been to more Texans games than Saints games, including both playoff wins.

I've never been a Schaub or Kubiak guy, you could dig up some old posts that could easily prove that. I'm not "trolling", when the Saints were trying to stick with Aaron Brooks and Jim Haslett in very similar circumstances, I took them to task for that just like I'm taking the Texans organization to task for sticking with the Schaub/Kubiak regime. I'm demanding accountability, that's all.

I'm not saying you don't make any points--I couldn't care less if you were a Titans/Colts/Jags fan as long as you're knowledgeable and post with the correct tone on the forum. All I'm asking is that you keep this in mind when you post here.

As for comparing Aaron Brooks to Matt Schaub, that's ludicrous. Aaron Brooks' best season was worse than Schaub's worst season as an NFL starter. It's not even within the realm of reason to say that they are similar players. Granted, it's easier to throw the ball now than it was ten years ago, but not that much easier...

Also, the situation's not similar. The Texans are coming off the best two years in team history. The Saints stagnated and missed the playoffs for four years straight before finally bottoming out in that 3-13 season. If the Texans missed the playoffs for four years straight again, I'd be fine with letting Kubiak go.

What it boils down to is something that you admitted in your post: You're just not a Kubiak or Schaub guy. For whatever reason, you just don't like they way they play and coach, win or lose. And that's fine--say that. But don't yell and scream and proclaim the sky is falling when the team is 2-2, 1-0 in conference, and very nearly just beat the team that looks like the early Super Bowl favorite.

Sig by matthouston91
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
I picked the Texans to win the Superbowl, but watching Matt Schaub play this year, it is becoming painfully obvious that he is the weak link on this team. You guys had that game in the bag, had Schaub not made the most boneheaded throw I've seen all year. Unfortunately, I just don't see the Texans reaching the Superbowl now, with Schaub as the starter. It looks like the guy has hit his ceiling and this is the best he's ever gonna get. With that said, I don't believe Houston needs to move up to grab one of the top QB's in 2014. This is a deep draft at that position and I believe if they used a 2nd or 3rd round pick on someone like Mettenberger, McCarron or Murray, that would be a huge upgrade over Schaub.

The Texans are loaded. They don't need much. I believe if they take a NT, which could be had in round 1 and then a QB in round 2, that could make this team far and away the favorites for a Superbowl berth.

Hooray, more people chiming in on how to "fix" the Texans. If you could identify the one thing that NOBODY can do against this team it is run up the middle. Outsiders haven't heard of Earl Mitchell so HE must be the weak link and goodness knows the Texans need them one of those space eating fatties, despite the fact Wade's system has succeeded for a decade with small athletic types and flexibility in moving lineman around.

As for the QB, the haters have to explain to me how Joe Flacco and Eli Manning could win the past two Super Bowls yet have made decisions this year resulting in 7 and 9 ints this year plus 2 fumbles each, yet Matt Schaub rolling up 355 yards against the best past defense in the NFL and throwing 1 very bad pass means he just can't protect the ball well enough to be a Super Bowl QB like Eli and Joe. If Schaub is the weak link, explain to me how another "Super Bowl" QB Kaepernick guided his team to 3 whole points on 13/28 passing for 127 yards with 3 ints against this same Seattle Defense? Heck, what the heck did Russell Wilson do to win that game with that 12/23 123 yards line to go with taking 5 sacks and throwing an int that could have been as damaging as Schaubs? Everyone's a genius when all they have to do is point to obvious failure, but nobody wants to dig deeper. Peyton Manning's a friggin beast here in September, but who was that throwing that game losing int in last years playoffs for the Broncos? Schaub's not innocent and deserves plenty of blame, but a collapse like Sunday has plenty of co-conspirators and it starts with the guy with the headset thinking it makes any sense to call a blindside bootleg with a backup LT out there on 3rd and 4 with 2:51 on the clock & a 7 pt lead.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
canyon1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo I couldn't have said it any better... I am right there with you on all of that.... Earl has been doing a great job and unless your a die hard fan you dont know the name. I always here we need a 330 lb NT that can plug the holes. That is not the problem and before the season started everyone said that they wouldnt be shocked if we started out the season 3-2 OR 2-3 and we are right on pace with our original prediction. The game yesterday made me upset like everyone else. Mistakes happen all the time and nobody is talking about how many carries it took for Foster to reach 100 yards or the fact that Tate fumbled in our own redzone. Also our defense had them inside the 2 yard line and we couldnt get a stop... There were alot of problems with this game and games like this will only make us stronger and better prepared for the later part of the season. We are cut but we are not dead in the water right now and we have a roster that can and will bounce back. We lost to Baltimore but look they just lost to Buffalo. We had a off day last week and i still think we have a team that can go all the way but non of our stars participated in pre-season and now they are trying to gel during the regular season. There is still 12 games left and we can win 9 maybe 10 of them
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
canyon1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if we want to talk about team needs as of now.... offensively i would look hard at Oline in the early rounds as well as a ILB that can cover as well so we can be more versitile and not HAVE to go into nickel all the time we can stay with 4 lb's on the field. ( Van Noy OR Jones from FSU).
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we were comparing Schaub and the Rockets 3/4th pointguard for a sec Laughing
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
Also if we want to talk about team needs as of now.... offensively i would look hard at Oline in the early rounds as well as a ILB that can cover as well so we can be more versitile and not HAVE to go into nickel all the time we can stay with 4 lb's on the field. ( Van Noy OR Jones from FSU).

I agree, but as it stands right now in the first 2 rounds we need QB, CB, OLB, OT, and possibly DE/DT if we don't resign the Ninja. I say these are needs in the first 2 rounds because we always waste our 3rd round picks.
canyon1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am almost certain the Smith WILL be on this team for the remainder of his career which to me he has about 3 years left. He has embraced this team from the moment he has come to Houston.... Plus Van Noy is versitile enough to play OLB so he is someone that he have to look at hard... OR if you want someone that can play OLB and DE plz look at Tent Murphy. Van Noy and Murphy are the two I am high on.
LORK 88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
I am almost certain the Smith WILL be on this team for the remainder of his career which to me he has about 3 years left. He has embraced this team from the moment he has come to Houston.... Plus Van Noy is versitile enough to play OLB so he is someone that he have to look at hard... OR if you want someone that can play OLB and DE plz look at Tent Murphy. Van Noy and Murphy are the two I am high on.

I feel like we're always on the same page when it comes to the draft. Draft Van Noy and move Brooks Reed inside.

ADOPT-A-TEXAN: CJ "Polish Hat" Fiedorowicz
canyon1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy I will be honest I look forward to the Draft almost more than Christmas and only one year was i SHOCKED with our pick and it turned out to be great and that was Duane Brown... But we all know how that turned out ... If we go Oline round 1 it better not be Lewan and that is coming from a DIEHARD Michigan fan ... To me he is no better than an Eric Winston ... CB to be honest nobody has impressed me. I thought that I liked Roby but he is looking like another Mike Jenkins from South Florida .... Colvin from Oklahoma and Fuller from Virginia Tech are the only two that I like but they to me are not worth first round consideration at this point in the season.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny - the Vikings, Rams, Steelers, 49ers and Bengals were the consensus "winners" of the 2013 draft and the first 3 sit a combined 2-10 and the Bengals and 49ers are 4-4. Sure, it's early but let's stop acting as if the draft is some magical panacea.

Heck, the Texans have a Rookie of the Year contender yet have already lost our 2nd game which didn't come last year until DECEMBER. As for the rest of the draft, 6 of our 9 draft picks haven't seen the field a month into the season including 2 6th rounders that didn't make the team, 3rd and 4th rounders sent to IR before showing ANYTHING, and a 3rd rounder already changing positions and a weekly inactive.

Speaking of Sam Montgomery who was as superfluous a pick as we've ever made, would you like to have taken Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, Tyler Wilson or Landry Jones with our comp pick instead? None of them are even remotely in their teams plans for this season and Yates and Keenum outplayed all of them by a long shot in the preseason. Love them or hate them, those were your choices if you think the answer was sitting for us in the 2013 draft. I certainly hope nobody thinks we should have "traded up" to grab EJ Manuel in the 1st or Geno Smith in the 2nd. I was getting hopeful Glennon would fall in the 3rd, but again would we really have burned all the picks to go up 16 spots to get him (remember we couldn't trade the comp pick in the 3rd)? Drafting a QB to develop in 2014 has always made sense given Schaub's age and contract and the fact Yates and Keenum are both 2015 free agents intended to be cheap backups and not real contenders for a starting job.

Somebody has got to remind me the last time a playoff team replaced its QB with a rookie? Heck, even a winning team? How about benching a Pro Bowl Qb the next season? Let's stop acting as if the Texans have such "obvious" choices staring at them.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
kanedafx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:

I'm not saying you don't make any points--I couldn't care less if you were a Titans/Colts/Jags fan as long as you're knowledgeable and post with the correct tone on the forum. All I'm asking is that you keep this in mind when you post here.

What's wrong with my tone? I have nothing but praise for the Texans outside of Schaub/Kubiak/Marciano. Plenty of other Texans fans criticize those three. And I haven't personally attacked anyone, the only rudeness has been from people telling me to get out of here because I have a Saints banner...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: