Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Cards (1-2) @ Bucs (0-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Our offense has scored 3 2nd half points all season Laughing

It seems like everyone can make halftime adjustments except us. Pathetic.

That's pretty alarming.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

That's pretty alarming.

What's kind of interesting is that we have totally flipped from where we were about a year ago. Can't score in the first half to save our lifes and play catch up. Not sure which is worse since we are still losing.

What I don't get is how 10 straight loses gets Rah the boot but Schiano is 9/10 and he gets a chance to rebuild. Granted Schiano has flipped this defense around like no other but the coach is judged by win/loss and that's not looking good for him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

That's pretty alarming.

What's kind of interesting is that we have totally flipped from where we were about a year ago. Can't score in the first half to save our lifes and play catch up. Not sure which is worse since we are still losing.

What I don't get is how 10 straight loses gets Rah the boot but Schiano is 9/10 and he gets a chance to rebuild. Granted Schiano has flipped this defense around like no other but the coach is judged by win/loss and that's not looking good for him.

It isn't looking good for him. With Rah we were dumpster diving for UDFAs, but with Schiano we have invested a ton of money in premium free agents. Schiano was dealt a much better hand, but the results are the same.

He needs to go.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

That's pretty alarming.

It isn't looking good for him. With Rah we were dumpster diving for UDFAs, but with Schiano we have invested a ton of money in premium free agents. Schiano was dealt a much better hand, but the results are the same.

He needs to go.

Hypothetically speaking he does get fired, who becomes the interim? Call me crazy, but I'd like to see Brian Cox get the nod. That front seven plays with intensity. I also wonder if Sullivan and Sheridan are really bad play-callers or are constrained by Schiano.

I'm not giving up on Schiano yet, but I'm getting closer every week.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says just as much about the players than it does about schiano if they quit on a second head coach.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

That's pretty alarming.

He needs to go.

Hypothetically speaking he does get fired, who becomes the interim? Call me crazy, but I'd like to see Brian Cox get the nod. That front seven plays with intensity. I also wonder if Sullivan and Sheridan are really bad play-callers or are constrained by Schiano.

It would probably be Wannstedt. Maybe even Butch Davis.

With regards to Sheridan and Sullivan I think it's a little bit of both.

As much as I'd like to see Cox with more control, I doubt that he would get the nod. I really like what he has done with the front 7 too. They are playing well beyond expectations.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

That's pretty alarming.

He needs to go.

It would probably be Wannstedt. Maybe even Butch Davis.

With regards to Sheridan and Sullivan I think it's a little bit of both.

As much as I'd like to see Cox with more control, I doubt that he would get the nod. I really like what he has done with the front 7 too. They are playing well beyond expectations.

I wonder if Cox would ever make a good DC? Not that the new HC would necessarily retain him but I would hope he would at least give him a shot to stay with the front 7 or move up since he has done so well thus far.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
It says just as much about the players than it does about schiano if they quit on a second head coach.

I disagree, the players haven't quit on the coach. However, this offense lacks any kind of imagination. I thought highly of Sully last season, but they are so predictable on offense it is crazy. They can't scheme to beat 8 in the box.

The coaching staff has to be questioned solely on the fact that Ogletree is still the #3 WR. He can't hold onto the ball, and doesn't know where the first down maker is on the field. So I'm supposed to believe that Page, Sheppard, Owusu can't be good enough even to get some snaps taken away from Ogletree?

Having talent is important, but I believe this league is very much about coaching talent also. I like some of our assistants, but I wouldn't rank our coordinators in the top 10 as far as play calling and gameplanning in ranking with other coordinators currently in the league.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cox is a very good coach but play calling and schemes is a different scenario. Rod Marinelli is probably the best defensive line coach in the business. But he'll even tell you he isn't comfortable as a dc as he took his own demotion.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our offensive playcalling is just stupid.

9 men in the box showing blitz up the middle all game, run up the gut. Over. and. Over.

Dougie must have just been rolling his eyes at some point.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Our offensive playcalling is just stupid.

9 men in the box showing blitz up the middle all game, run up the gut. Over. and. Over.

Dougie must have just been rolling his eyes at some point.

Or the pitches and outside handoffs that got us an easy 3 yard loss

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Cox is a very good coach but play calling and schemes is a different scenario. Rod Marinelli is probably the best defensive line coach in the business. But he'll even tell you he isn't comfortable as a dc as he took his own demotion.

I think he could make the move up to DC. He has that front seven re-energized and I really think he is the reason the pass rush is so good this year. With all the dumb stunts Sheridan keeps running we probably would have had more.

But you can say guys like AC, McCoy and Spence getting after it on the line. And with him being a former LB, our LB play this year has been really spectacular. David is still a stud, Mason is looking like a true MLB this year and a good one at that and Watson is finally making the step up to becoming an effective starter. This year, the LBs have 3INTs and 6 sacks this year and I feel as though he played a big part in that. I think he at least deserves a shot at the coordinator position.

On an interim basis, I had completely forgotten about Dave Wannestedt. He'd probably be the Glazer's first option due to his experience, but I'd prefer Cox still.

But we don't want to count our chickens before they hatch, let's see how the rest of this season pans out.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: