Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 College Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
I already see mock drafts popping up everywhere. I cannot wait for the frenzy of FA and the draft again. Just for the fun of it, CBS has us picking 32nd and either Flordia's DT Dominique Easley or DE Trent Murphy out of Stanford. I still think WR or G is more feasible, though. Somehow I absolutely cannot see Denver resigning Decker. At least not for the high price the market may demand. And Beadles... well, Beadles has been the weakest link of our starting OL so far this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft

I feel like we'll go hard after Decker. Any spot on the OL, sans Left Tackle, is easier to replace than an Eric Decker calibre player. I think Beadles and Walton might both be out the door with Decker and Woodyard getting paid.

Good guards aren't that easy to find. Decker is a good player, but you need to look at it in terms of what he costs. He could be a #1 for some teams and get paid as such. We shouldn't pay him as a #1 by any means.

Exactly.

What makes our offense more difficult for defenses to handle with PM as our QB? Decker, or a guard like Beadles? The answer is undoubtedly Decker.

Look at the success we've had plug and playing with the line this year. The offense is still elite with a makeshift line, it's much easier to defend without Decker. Manning will make any line look good, look how bad Indy's lines were. Decker and the skill players are much more important than a guard like Beadles.
Well, what you've described has produced arguably the best regular season teams of all time.

I'll take a Vasquez clone over Decker and grin all the way to the SB.

From the single quarters of all 22 i have been able to watch Vasquez has been exceptional. Manny Ramirez has also played very well at center.

As far as what is more important for this team i don't really think one can judge. While the Colts often got by on less than stellar lines, how many WRs has Manning made look better than they were as well?

IMO, both Decker and Beadles are replaceable.
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
I already see mock drafts popping up everywhere. I cannot wait for the frenzy of FA and the draft again. Just for the fun of it, CBS has us picking 32nd and either Flordia's DT Dominique Easley or DE Trent Murphy out of Stanford. I still think WR or G is more feasible, though. Somehow I absolutely cannot see Denver resigning Decker. At least not for the high price the market may demand. And Beadles... well, Beadles has been the weakest link of our starting OL so far this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft

I feel like we'll go hard after Decker. Any spot on the OL, sans Left Tackle, is easier to replace than an Eric Decker calibre player. I think Beadles and Walton might both be out the door with Decker and Woodyard getting paid.

Good guards aren't that easy to find. Decker is a good player, but you need to look at it in terms of what he costs. He could be a #1 for some teams and get paid as such. We shouldn't pay him as a #1 by any means.

Exactly.

What makes our offense more difficult for defenses to handle with PM as our QB? Decker, or a guard like Beadles? The answer is undoubtedly Decker.

Look at the success we've had plug and playing with the line this year. The offense is still elite with a makeshift line, it's much easier to defend without Decker. Manning will make any line look good, look how bad Indy's lines were. Decker and the skill players are much more important than a guard like Beadles.
Well, what you've described has produced arguably the best regular season teams of all time.

I'll take a Vasquez clone over Decker and grin all the way to the SB.

The only difference in a playoff game with an offense like this producing is if Peyton Manning has his head screwed on properly. He's my favorite player of all time, but he no doubt has the yips in playoff games.

And a Vasquez clone? Proves my point, we are developing good backup linemen behind the scenes, and PM doesnt need elite lines in front of him. Beadles is so much more expendable than Decker, in this system.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with germ as far as the belief that both Decker and Beadles are pretty expendable, Beadles more so.

My point would be more to the importance of the OL than WR's as far as late season production. Weather conditions, incredibly loud stadiums, etc; make the running of an offense a lot tougher, especially when you don't have the OL personnel to just line up and run the ball.

To date, we've not displayed that ability. No WR will solve that either. That inability has been a huge part of PM's late season failures. (lack of defense also but that's another story)
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic Beasley would be a nice addition to our defense

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Vic Beasley would be a nice addition to our defense

A friend of mine told me about him and i have read he has been really impressive this season. I don't have cable so i usually go to a bar on Saturday to watch college games and was hoping to see him today. However, they were showing that game on their tiny [inappropriate/removed] tv so i wasn't able to make out who players were.

I also watched some Scott Crichton youtube games from 2012 the other day and i don't find him at all impressive. He is very limited athletically, i don't see where he is getting the 1st round grades he gets from some of the internet experts.
Donut

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of Will Sutton? I think if he can work w/ his short arms he could be a pretty good player at UT.

Grice is a good RB reminds me a bit of Doug Martin in the way that both were very complete players coming out.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
What do you guys think of Will Sutton? I think if he can work w/ his short arms he could be a pretty good player at UT.

Grice is a good RB reminds me a bit of Doug Martin in the way that both were very complete players coming out.
I think Sutton will never be elite but will be a solid player.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that we will be picking a RB but Bishop Sankey is a very good back.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Donut wrote:

I think Sutton will never be elite but will be a solid player.

He's added a lot of size he was lacking last yr.

ASU has some talent. I like Taylor Kelly. Grice is a good RB and this kid Jalen Strong looks like he can be special. Really hopes he continues to develop and improves his hands.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down goes Marqise Lee. Ouch. Poor guy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say as things stand right now, we're looking at the following positions come draft day:

WR, OG, DE, CB, MLB, TE

I wouldn't sleep on 1st round TE for us to be honest. Still would love to land Austin Sefarian-Jenkins or Colt Lyerla. Would be a matchup nightmare.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious what Baylor fans think of Cyril Richardson. Huge man for an OG but feet like an OT.
medisback

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Curious what Baylor fans think of Cyril Richardson. Huge man for an OG but feet like an OT.

He's simply a beast (benches 400 squats almost 700) with a nasty streak. There is a reason the Baylor offense is tearing up the opposition and it just isn't the smaller school competition (look back to last season too). Cyril plays with tenacity and, as you said, he has light feet. I wouldn't mind him in the late first or trade back to get him in the early second... which brings me to my latest questions:

1. How would you guys rank positions of need thus far?
2. What are positions or strength/weakness in this upcoming draft (I know we don't know who is declaring early yet)
JackedUP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

medisback wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

He's simply a beast (benches 400 squats almost 700) with a nasty streak. There is a reason the Baylor offense is tearing up the opposition and it just isn't the smaller school competition (look back to last season too). Cyril plays with tenacity and, as you said, he has light feet. I wouldn't mind him in the late first or trade back to get him in the early second... which brings me to my latest questions:

2. What are positions or strength/weakness in this upcoming draft (I know we don't know who is declaring early yet)

So far this season I'd have to say our focus in next years draft will be at
1. O-line we need more depth and better interior play
2. DE pass rush, we could use someone opposite Von also in case he deicdes to keep screwing up
3. Running back- to be honest none of the guys on our roster excite me. Moreno is ok all around but doesn't give much, Ball is ok but pretty average and Hillman can't break a tackle to save his life

4. BPA, just continue to add talent to the roster
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

medisback wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Good question and the answer will vary greatly. Basically until we know who the FO wants to re-sign it's guesswork. We have a bunch of FA's this year, many of them major contributors. We can't sign 'em all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 6 of 50

Jump to: