Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rethinking the #1 pick (Geno Smith edition)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefs82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da_Zou13 wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
In terms of Albert playing guard, I really think we have to let that dream go, he's once again playing like our best O-linemen, has thus-far stayed relatively healthy and even at top OG money I'm not sure we could re-sign him with how our current cap will shake out.

Yea your probably right, but I can still dream lol.

Do you think we move Fisher to LT next year and have Stephenson play RT?

I personally wouldnt mind it. Put Big Fish back at his more natural spot (pending RT hasnt screwed up his muscle memory) and i think Stephenson would be good on the right side, would still like to keep Albert somehow though. Maybe kick Stephenson inside? And put Albert @ RT?

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da_Zou13 wrote:
jimmydee1 wrote:
OL seems to take the longest transition to make. Defenses (and D players) in general, are ahead of Offenses early.

I 100% disagree with this. OL is usually one of the quickest/easiest transitions to the NFL. Just look at what the rookie OL in Chicago are doing. Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Trent Williams, Michael Oher, and a bunch of other 1st round tackles have all done well in their first year.

There are a bunch of positons that take much longer to transition to the NFL than OL. For instance, WR, DE, DT, and obviously QB all have a harder transition to the NFL.

Michael Oher and Trent Williams has terrible starts to their pro careers. It wasn't until his second year that Williams did well. Guy allowed 11 sacks as a rookie. And Oher is a poor example because he still isn't a good OT, and never has been. Long and Thomas are slightly different cases because they were far better prospects than Fisher, Joeckel, or Johnson.

By Chicago rookies I assume you mean Kyle Long? Jordan Mills hasn't done particularly well. I mean, well for a 5th rounder, but he's still a subpar player overall. And Long has been solid. Struggles a bit in pass pro at times still.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
While I'm still behind him 100%. Let's be clear here, he has played terrible so far this season. Been by far our worst linemen, and for the love of all that is holy, please stop getting beat to the inside Evil or Very Mad

Woah woah woah. Let's not go too far here. No one is by far worse than Jeff Allen. Fisher's struggles are just more evident as he's blocking edge rushers.

Personally, I can't help but wonder if the side switch has anything to do with it. The league has 5 rookies starting at RT taken in the first round, all are struggling, and all are having huge issues with footwork and leverage, things that can easily be thrown off by that switch. Joeckel and Fisher in particular, you have guys who were really polished pro-ready players. you expected some struggles with Fisher going from a smaller college conference to pro, but he isn't struggling with the athleticism of pro players, he's just struggling with his technique.

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think it'll be a competition for the LT spot. I've been wondering why we haven't tried Big Don inside already, but it's not like Madden where you just toss people wherever and the human makes the computer look silly anyway.

I still think it's funny that people act like Fisher has been a LT forever. He went to college as a TE and played RT too. Give it a little time by week 8 I expect he'll be playing better. What I think is really missing is he isn't getting much blocking help on either side.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
chiefs82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How'd Big Fish play today?

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:

Had a concussion around half time and Stephenson filled in the rest of the way. Fisher was inconsistent lime he has been. Stephenson was better overall IMO, but I didn't focus too much on him.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:

Had a concussion around half time and Stephenson filled in the rest of the way. Fisher was inconsistent lime he has been. Stephenson was better overall IMO, but I didn't focus too much on him.

I think they were both around the same, Fisher may be a little better
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Fisher was just fine today, honestly.

simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
I thought Fisher was just fine today, honestly.

I was only able to watch through like the first quarter and half of the second and he had a false start and also got absolutely destroyed on one play leading to Alex to get rid of the ball early when he had Charles wide open in the end zone.

I'm not worried about it given the fact that he is a rookie coming from a small school and changing positions, but I'm not gonna sugar coat it either. He was the 1st overall pick and he has played pretty bad so far.
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

say we make the playoffs, get a pick in next years draft in the late 20's. If Albert walks, do we draft another tackle? Maybe a guard? The oline seems pretty bad right now, but the good news is that its one of very few weaknesses. Sure we could use another WR or a TE, but the oline is the part of the team that concerns me most.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammy Watkins or Marquise Lee pls

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da_Zou13 wrote:
say we make the playoffs, get a pick in next years draft in the late 20's. If Albert walks, do we draft another tackle? Maybe a guard? The oline seems pretty bad right now, but the good news is that its one of very few weaknesses. Sure we could use another WR or a TE, but the oline is the part of the team that concerns me most.

I don't think so. We have to have faith in Fisher, and I trust Stephenson at either left or right, personally. The line has done pretty well in pass pro, honestly, save for Fisher's lapses. The interior isn't stellar, but does the job. It is just the run blocking that is miserable. Not sure why. I just know I really want a new LG.

Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like a new CB, LG and TE. Three biggest needs in my opinion. Draft a corner in the first and grab a guard in the second. BPA in the third and grab a developmental tight end in the middle to late rounds.

But yeah, as of right now I want the Chiefs to draft a guard or cornerback in the first round of the draft.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
I'd like a new CB, LG and TE. Three biggest needs in my opinion. Draft a corner in the first and grab a guard in the second. BPA in the third and grab a developmental tight end in the middle to late rounds.

But yeah, as of right now I want the Chiefs to draft a guard or cornerback in the first round of the draft.

TE is tough to me. McGrath is really really growing on me. One of our better run blockers, decent in pass pro, good hands. Not too bad with the ball in his hands either. If Kelce shows something (big IF at this point) I wouldn't worry too terribly about TE. Similar deal with CB in Cooper, though we need one regardless. Unless Commings were to show something (which, like Kelce, is a big IF.)

Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Sammy Watkins or Marquise Lee pls

Lee could be there when we draft so yes please.

Jared Abbrederis is really growing on me too.

But knowing Reid, this'll be a trench guy because of how putrid the OL has been. Could see either a guard or tackle at this point.

Why a corner in the first though? Flowers/Smith are locked up for a while, sure we're probably cutting Robinson, but that doesn't warrant a 1st round selection I don't think.

Although I really like Kyle Fuller, from Virginia Tech like B-Flow, has great size and man coverage skills but can play all over the field(Tech used him at LB this Saturday and on blitzes). Would be a great fit for our defense, but he might be the top corner drafted come April.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: