Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos off to a bad start

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FakingInjuries


Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Broncos off to a bad start Reply with quote

Teams have been fizzling out every year when this happens.

The season begins and they are crushing teams. It reminds me of the 2007 Patriots. By playoff time, the Broncos are guaranteed to be burnt out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FakingInjuries


Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
lol


Laugh all you want.

Look at the Texans and Falcons last year.

Look at the 15-1 Packers the year before that.

Look at the 16-0 Patriots a few years before that.

Look at the 14-2 Colts (Peyton Manning) the year before that.

Look at the 14-2 Chargers in 2006.


The only exception in recent memory was the Saints. Other than that, most recent SuperBowl winners have been Wild Card teams like the Ravens,Giants,Packers, and Steelers.

Teams that get off to these extremely strong starts and look like sure-fire SuperBowl participants, often fizzle out down the stretch.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The.underdog


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 2297
Location: NYC/Cali
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol what. Look at the ravens they weren't a wildcard team they won the division. Not only that they fizzled out at the end of the year and came on in the playoffs.
There is no single formula to become Super Bowl champion. It doesn't work that way. If the broncos don't win the Super Bowl it won't because they started out 3-0 this season. It will be because they lost to a better team or made to many mistakes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
roar2014


Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 847
Location: Broncos Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FakingInjuries wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
lol


Laugh all you want.

Look at the Texans and Falcons last year.

Look at the 15-1 Packers the year before that.

Look at the 16-0 Patriots a few years before that.

Look at the 14-2 Colts (Peyton Manning) the year before that.

Look at the 14-2 Chargers in 2006.


The only exception in recent memory was the Saints. Other than that, most recent SuperBowl winners have been Wild Card teams like the Ravens,Giants,Packers, and Steelers.

Teams that get off to these extremely strong starts and look like sure-fire SuperBowl participants, often fizzle out down the stretch.


Sure recent history suggests that the Broncos will fizzle out. But the one commonality between all of those teams, save the 14-2 Chargers (whose defense wasn't anything to brag about), was that they had defenses that weren't worthy of mention.

This Broncos team has a good defense, that will only get better with Von Miller and Champ Bailey coming back. Furthermore, the Broncos are trying to establish a running game, because they are will aware that the largest mistake they made in the Ravens game was failing to establish the run when it mattered most. You can look for evidence of this by simply looking at the Oakland game last week where they were trying to close out the game with a running attack (which failed because of the fumble, but if there is anytime to get those mistakes out, it's now). I look for the Broncos to continue to focus on the run as well as continue to defend well, and that will be the difference between this Broncos team and those that you've mentioned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15871
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recent history really means jack, sure look at a smaller sample size and it'll suit your argument.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5129
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FakingInjuries wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
lol


Laugh all you want.

Look at the Texans and Falcons last year.

Look at the 15-1 Packers the year before that.

Look at the 16-0 Patriots a few years before that.

Look at the 14-2 Colts (Peyton Manning) the year before that.

Look at the 14-2 Chargers in 2006.


The only exception in recent memory was the Saints. Other than that, most recent SuperBowl winners have been Wild Card teams like the Ravens,Giants,Packers, and Steelers.

Teams that get off to these extremely strong starts and look like sure-fire SuperBowl participants, often fizzle out down the stretch.


Yeah! And just look at those 97 Bronco's. Started out 6-0 just crushing teams and, uh............ oh, they won the SB. Well, how 'bout those 98 Bronco's. Talk about a start. 13-0 before they lost. Boy did they ever fizzle! Uh, oh yeah, they won it also.

Tell me again how this works? I'm a little fuzzy on that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1234567


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 774
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM A BANANA!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheChosen186


Joined: 07 Sep 2013
Posts: 1047
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Broncos team reminds me of the 2009 Saints, care to tell us what happened then?

But seriously, Denver really is similar to them if you compare their personnel and when you look at their offensive and defensive talent.
_________________

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 21190
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure wish we had started 0-3
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 8746
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I sure wish we had started 0-3
.
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8278
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In before lock. Cool


This is the dumbest argument ever. Theres 4 other teams that started off 3-0 too. I hope youre saying the same for them too
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elliot878


Moderator
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 10714
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda reminds me of the 98 Broncos. They finished out alright.

The thing about a lot of those hot starting teams that were mentioned is they were all offensive juggernauts that got figured out or hurt by injuries. This Broncos team is an incredible offensive unit as well, but the defense is better than any of the hot starting teams mentioned over the last few years.

The offense is comparable to the 18-1 Pats. It's probably a little better actually. The Pats ran into an awful matchup. The Giants were the only team that had the right defensive personnel to beat them. They were overwhelming up front. Coincidentally enough, the Seahawks are the Giants of this year. Their defensive front is insane, and good secondary to go with it.

What these Broncos have that the Pats didn't have, is a defense capable of getting stops against solid offenses. This D has been very good so far, and its without its two best players.

This is simply a better built team than the ones listed above. There's depth to withstand injuries at just about every level. We've got an embarrassment of riches right now due to Elway hitting home runs on about 85% of his picks since he's been here. That will even out due to salary cap, but we're in a position where we're insanely talented right now from a depth perspective, due to great drafting.

What will stop us is making poor decisions, or mistakes. This is the type of team that will have to beat themselves - and that's entirely possible.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21968
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, because past performances of OTHER teams always determines the fate of future teams. Give me a freaking break.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18533
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no reason for a thread like this. I'm going to lock it before things get ugly.

FakingInjuries - If you want to create a thread like this you better darn well be able to make a better argument than what you did, otherwise it's just trolling.
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group