Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Future of The Broncos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bMiller031

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: The Future of The Broncos Reply with quote

Who do you guys see as the core broncos going into the future? Given our tight economic situation in the next two years, who should we look to build around that gives us the best chance to compete post-peyton?
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The Future of The Broncos Reply with quote

bMiller031 wrote:
Who do you guys see as the core broncos going into the future? Given our tight economic situation in the next two years, who should we look to build around that gives us the best chance to compete post-peyton?

People that will, without a doubt be here-

Brock Osweiler
Montee Ball/Ronnie Hillman
Demaryius Thomas
Julius Thomas
Ryan Clady/Louis Vasquez/Manny Ramirez/Orlando Franklin
Zane Beades- maybe
Von Miller (probably)
Derek Wolfe
Sylvester Williams
Danny Trevathan
Wesley Woodyard
Chris Harris
Rahim Moore
Duke Ihenacho
Colquitt/Prater

I think that's the base core going forward.

Thanks, Tzimisce
marktheshark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldnt be shocked if Manning played another 4-5 years, If he does, this changes things.

With that said the main question mark on that list is Brock Osweiler, not sure he will continue to mold into the QB we all know he can be, could turn out to me a pour mans Cutler.
It's an Intresting story like, taken in the second round before Cousins, Foles, Willson & Kellen Moore. Strange thing is if he had stayed in school there is little doubt in my mind he would have been a top 5 pick this past year so i'm not going to argue the value of his draft position. Osweiler has all the potential but its unlikely well see him out it together. I'd deffunitly like us to bring someone in within the next 3 yards to compete with him but we'll never know what's he made of until he plays.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh I must say, the Manning-Osweiler conundrum is going to be interesting. Are we going to have another Favre-Rodgers situation?

MUFC OK
mke1010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: The Future of The Broncos Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
bMiller031 wrote:

Brock Osweiler
Demaryius Thomas
Julius Thomas
Zane Beades- maybe
Von Miller (probably)
Derek Wolfe
Sylvester Williams
Danny Trevathan
Wesley Woodyard
Chris Harris
Rahim Moore
Duke Ihenacho
Colquitt/Prater

I think that's largely the core although I think DRC could easily become a significant part of the core if his first game performance is indicative of the entire season. Also, I think there are a couple D linemen and linebackers not on your list that could be here a long time if only for solid depth.

Finally, with all the players we have that are going to command much bigger contracts very soon, I just don't see how we can keep Beadles. I think he can replaced relatively easily through the draft.

There are several young players that may yet play themselves in to this list depending on their play over the next couple seasons.
KC_Broncos_Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Yeh I must say, the Manning-Osweiler conundrum is going to be interesting. Are we going to have another Favre-Rodgers situation?

Peyton has more integrity than Favre. He will let the team know when he doesnt want to play anymore. None of that retiring to un retire
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The Future of The Broncos Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
bMiller031 wrote:

Brock Osweiler
Demaryius Thomas
Julius Thomas
Zane Beades- maybe
Von Miller (probably)
Derek Wolfe
Sylvester Williams
Danny Trevathan
Wesley Woodyard
Chris Harris
Rahim Moore
Duke Ihenacho
Colquitt/Prater

I think that's largely the core although I think DRC could easily become a significant part of the core if his first game performance is indicative of the entire season. Also, I think there are a couple D linemen and linebackers not on your list that could be here a long time if only for solid depth.

Finally, with all the players we have that are going to command much bigger contracts very soon, I just don't see how we can keep Beadles. I think he can replaced relatively easily through the draft.

There are several young players that may yet play themselves in to this list depending on their play over the next couple seasons.

I got a chuckle when I read this mke. You saved me from having to post! Reject beadles, add Big Vick, and follow your advice above. Wink
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Osweiler is solid, this team is gonna be a force for a long time. Elway has done amazing work.

But keep in mind that it is almost impossible to hold on to all young talent. We haven't had to deal with many free agent losses because we had such consistently horrible drafts for a long time and continually relied on patchwork free agents.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
If Osweiler is solid, this team is gonna be a force for a long time. Elway has done amazing work.

But keep in mind that it is almost impossible to hold on to all young talent. We haven't had to deal with many free agent losses because we had such consistently horrible drafts for a long time and continually relied on patchwork free agents.
Yep it's going to be tough to retain our young talent but on the good side Elway has drafted pretty well so far so long as we continue to do so we will be the force of the AFC.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:

Thing is there is major money coming off the books in the next couple seasons. Peyton ($17.5m) and Champ ($11) are big ones but Tamme ($3.4m), Dreessen ($3.3m) and Knowshon ($3.3m) all will clear cap room when they depart.

I think Elway and Sullivan have done a good job structuring contracts in a way that will not put us too far under water when we need to re-sign some of the young guys.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
KC_Broncos_Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

Thing is there is major money coming off the books in the next couple seasons. Peyton ($17.5m) and Champ ($11) are big ones but Tamme ($3.4m), Dreessen ($3.3m) and Knowshon ($3.3m) all will clear cap room when they depart.

I think Elway and Sullivan have done a good job structuring contracts in a way that will not put us too far under water when we need to re-sign some of the young guys.

A much better job than Shanahan ever did
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

Dont forget Kuper. There is no way they pay him 6 mil in 14 and 6.5 mil in 15. IF we win a super bowl I think Champ might retire but I could see Peyton playing out his contract.
mke1010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Peyton doesn't get hurt I can see him easily playing at least 3 more years after this season.
I suspect after year three, Osweiler is going to start to get itchy feet. I can't see him sitting for 5 years waiting for his turn. And if Peyton maintains his high level of play I don't see us letting him walk while he still wants to play so this will get interesting.

Brock would only be 26 if he stayed backup the entire 5 years. Still young enough to have a career of at least a decade as a starter. If we do have to trade him, I am very confident Broncos will get a high 1st round pick based on his progress and historical trends. Either way I think we will be ok.

If we win a Super Bowl, I think a compromise can be struck where Osweiler takes over after 4 years. Elway would have to be convinced beyond a doubt Brock is the future of this franchise.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see that the veteran players are staying on top of the young guys. Kayvon especially has looked good in sport duty, playing very physical. I know there was a Gillette-sponsored mentor series with Champ and Kayvon and Kayvon also has added that his teammates give him pop quizzes:

Kayvon Webster wrote:
Sometimes they just start asking me questions to see if I know what we’re doing...sometimes even when the coaches aren’t around.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nflnation&id=88687&src=desktop&wjb
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Good to see that the veteran players are staying on top of the young guys. Kayvon especially has looked good in sport duty, playing very physical. I know there was a Gillette-sponsored mentor series with Champ and Kayvon and Kayvon also has added that his teammates give him pop quizzes:

Kayvon Webster wrote:
Sometimes they just start asking me questions to see if I know what we’re doing...sometimes even when the coaches aren’t around.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nflnation&id=88687&src=desktop&wjb

Really good to hear. One often supposes that veteran leadership has its effect on young players. These reports make it more concrete every once in a while.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: