Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: MNF Rivalry Week Oakland(1-1) @ Denver (2-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do We Hate More?
Raiders
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
Chiefs
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
Chargers
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 34

hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
Watching some of the coaches film on the Raiders game - Knighton and Vickerson keep Woodyard and Trevathan clean and allow them to make plays. Those two big guys command the 3 interior offensive lineman to maintain their blocks and they rarely got to the second level to get on the Kentucky 'backers.

This week with Philly, Knighton and Vickerson will need to occupy Mathis-Kelce-Herremans and let the speedy linebackers attack the rush. McCoy has made his best runs up the middle this year, so we'll need the core to step up.

Curious how Unrein and Sly are holding up their end of the rotation.

According to PFF, Unrein played 15 snaps (8 run/7 pass) and graded at +1.2. Williams played 9 snaps (3 run/6 pass) and graded at -0.4.

Giving it the old eye test, Unrein plays with more hustle and Sly faces a lot of double teams. I take it that Unrein spells Vickerson and Sly spells Knighton. Although a good amount of holding took place on Sly, he needs to keep the hands off him with better technique - he can't bull rush these NFL players every play. I wonder if he is uncomfortable with his role? He was more of a penetrating tackle at UNC, right?

After the starters, Malik Jackson is easily the best DT on the roster, followed by Unrein, then Williams right now. When Von comes back and there is an actual edge rushing threat, Williams may face some 1v1's in pass rushing packages and may be able to make a play or two. He just isn't ready quite yet.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
Watching some of the coaches film on the Raiders game - Knighton and Vickerson keep Woodyard and Trevathan clean and allow them to make plays. Those two big guys command the 3 interior offensive lineman to maintain their blocks and they rarely got to the second level to get on the Kentucky 'backers.

This week with Philly, Knighton and Vickerson will need to occupy Mathis-Kelce-Herremans and let the speedy linebackers attack the rush. McCoy has made his best runs up the middle this year, so we'll need the core to step up.

Sly has been poor; a total non factor although this won't surprise anyone who watched the preseason with any detail.

Yeah I thought that was such a great pick when we made it too but now it looks like he's rapidly descending towards bust status.

I think this season he is just going to be getting used to the speed of the game and working on technique. Next season Unrein is a free agent, I could see Williams stepping into the reserve UT role where Vickerson will be in a contract year.

Williams has the work ethic to continue working and progressing, and I think the coaches see this as a high-upside project that they don't need immediate production out of. While Denver did invest a premium pick in Sly, I don't know what people are expecting from a rookie DT playing behind veterans who are playing very well. Give it more than 3 regular season games.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:

Sly has been poor; a total non factor although this won't surprise anyone who watched the preseason with any detail.

Yeah I thought that was such a great pick when we made it too but now it looks like he's rapidly descending towards bust status.

I think this season he is just going to be getting used to the speed of the game and working on technique. Next season Unrein is a free agent, I could see Williams stepping into the reserve UT role where Vickerson will be in a contract year.

Williams has the work ethic to continue working and progressing, and I think the coaches see this as a high-upside project that they don't need immediate production out of. While Denver did invest a premium pick in Sly, I don't know what people are expecting from a rookie DT playing behind veterans who are playing very well. Give it more than 3 regular season games.

Yeah, still way to early too pass final judgement. Those of you who can replay the games could start looking for signs of improvement.

That's just a really tough transition to the pros. Very few do much for a while. Hopefully in two years he can be playing at a Big Vick level. I'd be happy with that.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be pretty surprised if Denver let Unrein go. He is a solid rotational tackle who is very stout. He also will be pretty reasonable in terms of price tag. He is the kind of depth you like to have.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 days later Pryor is whining and saying that Woodyard should be fined on that hit that gave him a concussion. He was a runner on the play plus he was still in the tackle box. Man up! Link is nfl.com can't do any better I'm on my ipad sorry.

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Football , Bulls, Cubs, UNC
hibdib31

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming out of halftime, the offense sustained a long drive that should have ended in a touchdown had both Welker and Demaryius not dropped redzone passes. Manning led a hurry up offense that began with 1 RB - 3 TE - 1 WR personnel. The three tightends would line up inline and block on run plays, keeping Oakland in their base defense and then the next play they would lineup 5-wide and spread the defense out. This made it easy for Peyton to find on open receiver and chisel his way down field. Once the offense was in striking distance, they went to the standard 1 RB - 1 TE - 3 WR formation.

With a healthy Dreessen back soon, this wrinkle could be used much more in the future for the time killing drives. Rotating the running backs in to stay fresh as well as the four tight ends, this could a look we will hopefully see in many 4th quarters this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: