Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Next 4 games
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarolinaKitten

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks we stomp all over these teams?

I think the Panthers CAN stomp all over them...I just don't think they WILL. Just based on recent history.

Sig by Me
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All are indeed winnable. However, at best I see 4-3. With the only loss to the Rams.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:

No not really. We have the talent to, but you never know what team is gonna show up. I mean did you expect us to romp the Giants? I thought the opposite was gonna happen. I thought Eli would throw all over us. Teams that primarily throw are in trouble against our front 7, but teams with balance may bother us.
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaKitten wrote:
Smitty89 wrote:

I think the Panthers CAN stomp all over them...I just don't think they WILL. Just based on recent history.

Exactly. We can compete with any team talent-wise, but don't have the mental strength sometimes to finish games. Week 1 is a microcosm of our team this year. We played better than Seattle for most of the game, but failed to come through when it mattered. Hopefully this disturbing trend has ended but we will have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
CarolinaKitten wrote:
Smitty89 wrote:

Exactly. We can compete with any team talent-wise, but don't have the mental strength sometimes to finish games. Week 1 is a microcosm of our team this year. We played better than Seattle for most of the game, but failed to come through when it mattered. Hopefully this disturbing trend has ended but we will have to wait and see.

We have always been a team with good talent and poor coaching.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
CarolinaKitten wrote:
Smitty89 wrote:

I think after the long speech Rivera have to his players after the Buffalo loss and the fact a NYJ used the Panthers as a punch line really woke them up.

I see us going on a hot run, 5-2 when we meet against the Falcons.
RabidPanther89

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:

I think it's possible. I think we should be able to handle Arizona with our front 4. I also think the defense can shut down Adrian Peterson, but can we keep Patterson from having a break out game.

The defense will show up every week in my opinion. We just need to offense build off the Giants game.
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RabidPanther89 wrote:
Smitty89 wrote:

I think it's possible. I think we should be able to handle Arizona with our front 4. I also think the defense can shut down Adrian Peterson, but can we keep Patterson from having a break out game.

The defense will show up every week in my opinion. We just need to offense build off the Giants game.

The Giants game was the only game where I was please with our offensive playcalling. Hopefully Shula recognizes what worked and can translate to following games.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the bucs game just got I teresting with freeman getting benched I like our chances of going 3-1 in the next 4 games
Smitty89

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
RabidPanther89 wrote:
Smitty89 wrote:

The Giants game was the only game where I was please with our offensive playcalling. Hopefully Shula recognizes what worked and can translate to following games.

Shula needs to let Cam run. That was clearly a huge difference. It's not just the plays go for positive yardage but it throws the defense off and makes them stay on their heels. With a great run game, solid if not elite defense and good game management with a few big throws by Cam I like our chances against anybody.

Offensive play calling importance needs to go: 1. Run 2. Play action pass 3. Pass 4. Read option or design run with Cam.

Our defense has only allowed 36 points all season, 12 a game. If our offense puts 24 points on the board a game I like our chances again against anybody.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: