Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Claim Jeromy Miles; Cut Brynden Trawick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Ravens Claim Jeromy Miles; Cut Brynden Trawick Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 15m
Ravens claim safety Jeromy Miles, according to a league source

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1m
Ravens cut rookie safety Brydnen Trawick, according to a source, to make room for new safety Jeromy Miles

Somewhat interesting. A special teams player swap.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though the commentators seemed to suggest that there wasn't much on the replay to suggest he did much wrong, I'm guessing the unnecessary roughness/late hit penalty Trawick picked up on a kick return yesterday sealed his fate. That was his 2nd boneheaded special teams play in 3 games after knocking Jacoby out against Denver, which isn't cutting it for a guy who was only on the roster for special teams purposes. Just bad mojo going on with that guy.

As long as Miles doesn't destroy any of our receivers/returners or pin us at our own 3 yard line through dumb penalties, he's better than Trawick.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
blueridge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ravens are picking over the Bengals' scraps.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueridge wrote:

Can't tell through the posting history, but isn't this the guy who came in and trolled really hard last offseason (was an undercover Bengal homer IIRC), particularly re: the draft? Funny how that worked out, isn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was definitely trolling a while back. Can't remember exactly what is was for though.

This is from the Bengal's forum:

TheVillain112 wrote:
I like it. Glad to see Schaffer back on the roster. Miles was always a good ST player but never really more than that...

As long as Miles is a good special teams player that's all that matter. He'll never sniff the field on defense.
RavensTillIDie

Location: ----------------- Props to Jamison. on the dope signature!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
He was definitely trolling a while back. Can't remember exactly what is was for though.

This is from the Bengal's forum:

TheVillain112 wrote:
I like it. Glad to see Schaffer back on the roster. Miles was always a good ST player but never really more than that...

As long as Miles is a good special teams player that's all that matter. He'll never sniff the field on defense.

And hopefully he'll never knock out one our marquee players from a game either! Laughing
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 6m
The Ravens have signed safety Brynden Trawick to the practice squad and cut inside linebacker Brandon Copeland

I'm actually kind of glad they are keeping Trawick around. He did show some promise as a special teams player even with the mishaps he had.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
blueridge wrote:

Can't tell through the posting history, but isn't this the guy who came in and trolled really hard last offseason (was an undercover Bengal homer IIRC), particularly re: the draft? Funny how that worked out, isn't it?

Yep, same guy.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=489541&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=690

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
blueridge wrote:

Yep, same guy.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=489541&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=690

Was looking through this thread and saw this little nugget:

Flaccomania wrote:
Mr. X wrote:
I honestly can't grade this draft anymore than a "C". Yes, they got an incredibly good player out of it in Lardarius Webb but Michael Oher has been a big disappointment and Paul Kruger is clearly not capable of starting while the last three picks weren't even on the team past their second year.

Again, just because the Ravens drafted Upshaw does not mean Kruger is incapable of starting. It means they want to bring in more competition and let the guys battle for the starting position.

Well done. Where has he been, by the way? I thought he was officially back after the Ravens lost a few games last season?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:

Well done. Where has he been, by the way? I thought he was officially back after the Ravens lost a few games last season?

Probably complaining elsewhere. The guy was clueless and just looked to blame Ozzie for everything.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: