Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kenny Britt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Ravens make a move for Britt?
Yes!
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
No!
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
I think they should, but they probably won't.
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Why bother with any more veteran receiver options, when the team currently looks to have a strong defense that will give Joe time to gel with his young receivers and give those guys time to grow and get used to playing in the NFL?

If the Ravens had signed Britt or Baldwin or Lloyd or Moss or T.O. or coaxed Jerry Rice out of retirement, we would not have seen anything of Marlon Brown. Hell, he might not even be on the roster. It continues to baffle me why the feeling is that success must be RIGHT NOW THIS INSTANT, when the team is young and the worst that can happen in terms of an NFL team having a terrible season is that they get the best pick of the following year's draft.

Baldwin is still very young - he's not really a "veteran" type of WR.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
Why bother with any more veteran receiver options, when the team currently looks to have a strong defense that will give Joe time to gel with his young receivers and give those guys time to grow and get used to playing in the NFL?

If the Ravens had signed Britt or Baldwin or Lloyd or Moss or T.O. or coaxed Jerry Rice out of retirement, we would not have seen anything of Marlon Brown. Hell, he might not even be on the roster. It continues to baffle me why the feeling is that success must be RIGHT NOW THIS INSTANT, when the team is young and the worst that can happen in terms of an NFL team having a terrible season is that they get the best pick of the following year's draft.

He's also a guy that the Seahawks think so highly of that he's behind Golden Tate on the depth chart, who I don't think is a very good WR at all.

I like Baldwin as a player, but there has to be something I'm missing because I can't figure out why he's the 3rd/4th WR on a team whose WRs really aren't anything to brag about.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

He's also a guy that the Seahawks think so highly of that he's behind Golden Tate on the depth chart, who I don't think is a very good WR at all.

I like Baldwin as a player, but there has to be something I'm missing because I can't figure out why he's the 3rd/4th WR on a team whose WRs really aren't anything to brag about.

Well then you obviously haven't watched very much of Golden Tate....

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
gooselovechild wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

I've watched my fair share... he's really not anything special. And honestly, neither is Baldwin. Unless they'd be willing to part with him for a conditional 7th, he's not worth it -- he's a FA after this season, and while we could likely resign him for not much money, he'd likely still want more than we'd be willing to offer. He kind of bust onto the scene in 2011, but since he really hasn't been anything great -- so much so that the Seahawks traded a 1st for Percy Harvin to bury him further.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
gooselovechild wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Enough to know his signature moment was a penalty and blown call all rolled up into one.

And yet Baldwin can't unseat him, which means that Baldwin probably isn't worth much in trade, even if I do think he would be an asset to the Ravens right now.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he may have been mentioned earlier, prior to the start of the season, but what about Denarius Moore if Oakland continues to lose?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
I think he may have been mentioned earlier, prior to the start of the season, but what about Denarius Moore if Oakland continues to lose?

Oakland can't afford to give away their good and cheap young talent. Not unless somebody grossly overpays anyways. Even if they're losing that's not an indication that trades are coming. Again, especially for their good and cheap young talent.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Oakland can't afford to give away their good and cheap young talent. Not unless somebody grossly overpays anyways. Even if they're losing that's not an indication that trades are coming. Again, especially for their good and cheap young talent.

He only has one more year on his contract following this season. He very well may try to redo his deal this offseason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: