Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coordinator changes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Stafford looks best when taking a deep drop and going for CJ. I know we can't do that all the time tho. Sad

Sig bet
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think yesterday's game was the best coached game I've seen from the Lions in a long, long time.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
rob_shadows

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
I think yesterday's game was the best coached game I've seen from the Lions in a long, long time.

Agreed with the only exceptions being the first couple drives in the red zone, and the drive with the fluky off the knee interception (that should have never been a pass play in the first place).

The play calling was there other than that though, the Bears were really off balance and couldn't keep up with the offensive play calling leading to big rushing opportunities and a lot of open looks for receivers...just really worries me how poor Stafford was in connecting to those receivers or on more than a couple occasions, even seeing the open man.

2014 AAL: DE Larry Webster III

Stats: N/A

2014 AAL: DE George Johnson

Tackles: 10, TFL: 2, Sacks: 1.5
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
And this (not picking on you specifically) is why I question the common view of this coaching staff. The players played great and executed the best they have in a while, so we don't question play calling. Lets say we lose. Would people maybe be calling for more screens passes and less runs out of the shotgun right up the middle? Lets say the defense doesn't play so well. Would people be calling for more blitzes or less off coverage by our DB's? Would people be complaining about the high amount of short routes? Would people be complaining about the lack of a full back in our offense (not that I think that is a problem though)?

To me, the only coaching difference I can think of off of the top of my head is the stunts the defensive line did and the lack of screens.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
And this (not picking on you specifically) is why I question the common view of this coaching staff. The players played great and executed the best they have in a while, so we don't question play calling. Lets say we lose. Would people maybe be calling for more screens passes and less runs out of the shotgun right up the middle? Lets say the defense doesn't play so well. Would people be calling for more blitzes or less off coverage by our DB's? Would people be complaining about the high amount of short routes? Would people be complaining about the lack of a full back in our offense (not that I think that is a problem though)?

To me, the only coaching difference I can think of off of the top of my head is the stunts the defensive line did and the lack of screens.

Just want to clarify that I don't think yesterday's game was perfectly coached at all. The bar just hasn't been set really high for well coached Lions' games recently.

There were issues that I even brought up in the GDT that I didn't like about the coaching (abandoning the run in the redzone comes to mind first).

I'm just saying there wasn't a whole lot of "why the hell did they call that play" moments last game like there usually is for me.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

Nice post IDOG, I agree. Had we wound up losing that game, the coaching staff would have been crucified. Really, we won because Cutler decided to play like Cutler, Suh ate Long's face repeatedly, and Bush went thrashmode. The drops were minimal (especially the key ones), which is a pretty big difference in the game.

When players execute, the play-calling looks pretty good. When they make mistakes, it's easy to point the finger at the coaches.

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: