Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Defense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panattack86

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Defense Reply with quote

We all know the back 4 has let the team down a few times this year already. With the way the secondary played today is anyone else wanting to see this young secondary again after the bye. I like mitchell better than mikell. lester looked good was late on getter over a few times but nothing that killed us. Melvin White, Florence, Norman and Captn were lights out today against a nice WR Core.

So which do you prefer?
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White and Lester deserve PT.
Mikell is better than Mitchell, no question.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For right now I think its best to keep Mitchell at FS. He's the only guy not out for the year that can really play there. When Mikell is healthy, it should be Mitchell-Mikell back there, and Lester until then.

As for corner, I think no question the starters need to be Munnerlyn and Norman, but I'm torn between Florence and White at the nickel right now. When Josh Thomas comes back, nickel would be his.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I like Mitchell at FS. I saw some alligator arms out there today. Cruz and nicks wanted none of that. The rookies looked great. In this era of super athletes these undrafted guys basically just need to be coached up. I'd like to see em after the bye

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
Yeah I like Mitchell at FS. I saw some alligator arms out there today. Cruz and nicks wanted none of that. The rookies looked great. In this era of super athletes these undrafted guys basically just need to be coached up. I'd like to see em after the bye

Bros, I like Mike Mitchell's physicality back there. He gave it to Cruz, so much so, that Nicks came over to jaw with him. I want someone back there like a Mike Minter that brings that presence of you can catch it, but you're gonna get smashed! We havent had it since Chris Harris left and before that is was Minter. I liked what I saw today and I am encouraged about the future. I cant help but think about how good our defense would be WITH Gamble on one side of the field! Shocked
faccda01

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's keep in mind that our front 7 was so good that I could have been at FS and looked good (not really). Still, I think we should temper our excitement a bit and give most of the credit to the front 7. I liked our secondary's play for sure, and if they keep it up I will be impressed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope Lester dropping that pick wont hurt him. that is a pick you have to make, yes by that point it was garbage time, but in key moments you need to be trusted to make those plays.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
i hope Lester dropping that pick wont hurt him. that is a pick you have to make, yes by that point it was garbage time, but in key moments you need to be trusted to make those plays.

I don't think that hurts him at all. He played a great game overall and should focus on that rather than the drop. Defensive players are on D for a reason.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the front 7 helps but it didn't make the guys back there the first 2 games look this good. They earned PT yesterday

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:

I doubt they hold it against him considering Davis rocked him. He ended up catching one anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: