Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Any word ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutler06

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Any word ? Reply with quote

Has anyone heard if/when Kuper and Walton will be ready to play ?

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walton isn't going to be ready until Week 8 if he's ready at all. Kuper was a full participant at practice but there's no way he's starting for us any time soon barring injury.

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Walton isn't going to be ready until Week 8 if he's ready at all. Kuper was a full participant at practice but there's no way he's starting for us any time soon barring injury.

Surely if Kuper was healthy, we'd put Zane Beadles at Left tackle. Kuper is surely better than Clark.

Also when Walton's fit we can kick Man Ram out to LG and move Zane outside.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Surely if Kuper was healthy, we'd put Zane Beadles at Left tackle. Kuper is surely better than Clark.

Are you kidding me? Zane would get beasted on the outside.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

And you don't think Chris Clark would?
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Clark played in all the OTAs, mini-camp, training camp and preseason games while Clady was recovering from surgery. He is certainly a down grade from Clady but there's no reason to assume Beadles or anyone else would be a better option at LT than Clark.

I've never understood why people who call themselves football fans think players can just be moved from one position to another and not miss a beat. "Make Tebow a TE" "Move Beadles to LT" "Put Franklin at RG." Give me a break; line play is very complicated and after literally thousands of reps at one spot to just change to another is almost impossible to do without experiencing a significant downgrade in production.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Clark played in all the OTAs, mini-camp, training camp and preseason games while Clady was recovering from surgery. He is certainly a down grade from Clady but there's no reason to assume Beadles or anyone else would be a better option at LT than Clark.

I've never understood why people who call themselves football fans think players can just be moved from one position to another and not miss a beat. "Make Tebow a TE" "Move Beadles to LT" "Put Franklin at RG." Give me a break; line play is very complicated and after literally thousands of reps at one spot to just change to another is almost impossible to do without experiencing a significant downgrade in production.

put peyton at WR and run the spread option with bailey at QB! guaranteed success!

Bolansho Boro Begoz
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I think Clark will be fine. A dropoff, yeah, but still serviceable.

As far as the examples you listed though of players changing position, two of those are bad examples. I understand your point, however Beadles was mainly a LT in college and even played a few games at RT for Denver and Franklin was an OG, move to tackle in his senior season.

Both men have plenty of experience at both positions.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

As far as the examples you listed though of players changing position, two of those are bad examples. I understand your point, however Beadles was mainly a LT in college and even played a few games at RT for Denver and Franklin was an OG, move to tackle in his senior season.

There's a reason beadles Moved to guard in the pros. The speed rushes are a lot better. AAA is right I mean the pro game is different.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Moving from left guard to right guard and vice versa is not that difficult but moving from guard to tackle and vice versa is. I absolutely do not think anyone should be moved in those cases. I understand the difficulty of playing offensive line from my experience in playing high school football.

I don't agree with Tebow moving to TE being a tough thing to do though. Moving to positions like WR and TE are easy transitions to make. I mean, take look at how many great TEs we have in the NFL that were originally basketball players but then decided to play football. Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, and our own, Julius Thomas, etc. They were all fine and became all-pro TEs. Plus, we have seen College QBs move on over to WR too like Julian Edelman, Hines Ward, and Anquan Boldin.

Some positions require less of the mental aspect than others but some positions also require more physical play than others.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

There's a reason beadles Moved to guard in the pros. The speed rushes are a lot better. AAA is right I mean the pro game is different.

Different conversation. Now you're talking physical ability. Beadles is a lousy tackle, not because of 1000's of reps at OG but lack of physical tools to play OT.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as Alex Gibbs in in the mix as a "OL consultant," I will assume the OLinemen that the Broncos roll out there are ready to play. I assume Chris Clark is getting extra attention and extra coaching, from Alex Gibbs and PFM.
bzane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Sorry, have to agree with AnAngryAmerican here- much as I admire Boodle for his dedication and hard work in developing from a dubious second-round pick into a very good NFL guard, he'd be an absolute adventure at left tackle. A swinging gate. He's neither the athlete to stay with elite speed rushers, nor big enough and long-armed enough to steer them wide. Better to remain a Pro Bowl guard than to become a liability at tackle.
Reaver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
As long as Alex Gibbs in in the mix as a "OL consultant," I will assume the OLinemen that the Broncos roll out there are ready to play. I assume Chris Clark is getting extra attention and extra coaching, from Alex Gibbs and PFM.

And, ya know, Dave Magazu, the actual offensive line coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: