Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 3 Colts @ 49ers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
https://twitter.com/KBowenColts/status/381915937248522240

Quote:
Coming into today, the 49ers had allowed an average of 91.9 rushing yards per game at home since 2009. @Colts have 172 rushing yards today.

Shocked

smash mouth today

reckless123 wrote:
I would love to see this go back and forth but its unlike Harden to get defensive.
Colton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of quick hits about this game:

- The obvious. The Richardson trade showed that Pep and Chuck are committed to running the ball, and Bradshaw came to run. Pep had an amazingly balanced and deadly offense at Stanford with Luck, and it looks like we are on our way to finally having that type of balance. 39 Rushes vs 27 Passes.

- The O-Line, even with all the injuries, did much better than I could have expected against that front. Luck got hit 7 times, but only sacked once. They did just enough to keep the passing game going and you have got to give them a ton of credit for the 180 yards rushing today.

- Defense. Absolutely shut them down. Manusky showed how quickly he can adjust after that 95 yard scoring drive by the 9ers. Literally shut them down the rest of the game. Just a phenomenal game all around by the entire squad, especially the LBs in keeping Kaepernick contained most of the game.

- Boomstick. Pat McAfee. Guy kept the 9ers pinned almost the entire game, with 3 inside the 20. He never let the 9ers feel comfortable to start their drives after they stopped our offense.
Colton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to do this, but I have to...

stallyns wrote:
I don't know why anyone is even considering the Colts to win this game. Terrelle Pryor had his way with the Colts D, we had no answer for the read option and we knew Pryor was the starter for days ahead of that game. Even if we are able to get the ball first and Trent Richardson has a great game we aren't going to be able to stick with the running game because we aren't going to score on every drive and the 49ers will.

Gotta say I felt the same way before the game though. Up until we went up 20-7, I was ridiculously anxious thinking that our Defense was gonna crumble and give up big chunks of yards.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
- Boomstick. Pat McAfee. Guy kept the 9ers pinned almost the entire game, with 3 inside the 20. He never let the 9ers feel comfortable to start their drives after they stopped our offense.
my biggest question about the Niners in this whole scenario is how did they think that continuing to try to return kicks from inside the 10 was going to be anything but a bad idea. Almost everytime they got knocked down short of the 20 and quite a few of those were bobbled catches that gave the coverage team even more time to close the gap
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
tom cody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win yesterday for the team. The 49ers are supposed to be a top team in the league and we dominated them, good stuff and should give us an extra boost of confidence as we continue on with this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: