Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT- Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins? Or pick your poison poll
Detroit wins
39%
 39%  [ 16 ]
Arizona wins
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Suh Haters win and he is suspended?
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Larry Fitz outproduces Calvin
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Calvin outproduces Larry Fitz
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pettigrew drops 3 or more balls
29%
 29%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 41

TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
It is about MONEY and fact that Pettigrew has proven he has regressed over a couple year span. Fauria just as much an unknown but the cost versus production worth it considering Pettigrew brings NEG value to the field. So save that comeback.

Oh, really? It's just about money, right?
detfan782004 wrote:
A TE with slightly less blocking ability in Fauria and FAR FAR FAR greater hands is best. His blocking is right on PAR with Pettigrew.

Yep. Just about money. (And, well, that Fauria has proven, through two NFL games and limited snaps, that he's "on par" with Pettigrew in terms of blocking and has "FAR FAR FAR greater hands".)

I love the famous "detfan backpedal". Churn those feet.

Lets keep it all in this thread now.

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
It is about MONEY and fact that Pettigrew has proven he has regressed over a couple year span. Fauria just as much an unknown but the cost versus production worth it considering Pettigrew brings NEG value to the field. So save that comeback.

detfan782004 wrote:
A TE with slightly less blocking ability in Fauria and FAR FAR FAR greater hands is best. His blocking is right on PAR with Pettigrew.

Yep. Just about money. (And, well, that Fauria has proven, through two NFL games and limited snaps, that he's "on par" with Pettigrew in terms of blocking and has "FAR FAR FAR greater hands".)

You are the ONLY one here seriously struggling to grasp how bad Pettigrew is. I said it many times the MONEY could be used better elsewhere. I can not help it you are grasping. You are so predicatble I beat you to your own response. Hilarious.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

detfan782004 wrote:

You are the ONLY one here seriously struggling to grasp how bad Pettigrew is. I said it many times the MONEY could be used better elsewhere. I can not help it you are grasping. You are so predicatble I beat you to your own response. Hilarious.

It's ONLY money, right? Money, and the fact that, through two games, you think Fauria has proven that he's on par with blocking and has "FAR FAR FAR greater hands". That, and money.

You said it, man... just stand by it. Just admit that you have a clear, convenient double-standard. It happens.

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20130916/BLOG013/130919886/mm3rdqb-is-detroit-lions-tight-end-brandon-pettigrew-a-bust#

Quote:
When Pettigrew proves to be a non-factor because he cannot haul in the football, Detroit's odds of winning are reduced.

Yup nothing about his blocking. Pass first offense and we are raving about his blocking Laughing

Quote:
Pettigrew is a free agent after this season the team has a contract option for 2014 but unless he's willing to sign an extension for a significantly smaller amount, he should be jettisoned in favor of a more reliable tight end.

Quote:
As it stands right now, the 6-foot-6, 265-pound Pettigrew is closer to bust than gem after five seasons.

Quote:
Pettigrew's cap number ranks 15th among tight ends.

Money that could be and SHOULD be used on a better player

Quote:
Pettigrew, who isn't expected to catch as many passes as Johnson, was second on the team with nine drops versus 59 receptions. He was targeted 102 times, making his drop rate 8.8 percent. That's one of the worst rates for a starter who is a regular part of an offense, and the nine drops was 11th worst in the NFL.

Yup his blocking is so amazing though. If this was a run team it would actually matter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

detfan782004 wrote:

It's ONLY money, right? Money, and the fact that, through two games, you think Fauria has proven that he's on par with blocking and has "FAR FAR FAR greater hands". That, and money.

You said it, man... just stand by it. Just admit that you have a clear, convenient double-standard. It happens.

No double standard. Pettigrew has shown he is not that great of a blocker. That is it. The end. Get over your love for him as he is a FA and one they are not bringing back because he SUCKS for a pass first offense designed for TE to catch balls

Done arguing it. The other 99.9 % people you called clueless agree with me. No need to continue arguing with the almighty 0.01 % right i guess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

detfan782004 wrote:

No double standard. Pettigrew has shown he is not that great of a blocker. That is it. The end. Get over your love for him as he is a FA and one they are not bringing back because he SUCKS for a pass first offense designed for TE to catch balls

Done arguing it. The other 99.9 % people you called clueless agree with me. No need to continue arguing with the almighty 0.01 % right i guess

Well I'm not sure about that. Two games into the season I certainly won't claim Fauria has far, far, far better hands. Way to early for that. I don't think anyone can effectively say that he's a better blocker either. The sample size is far to small.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pettigrew argument almost made me forget.

What Houston shadowing Fitz on the majority of plays?

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
The Pettigrew argument almost made me forget.

What Houston shadowing Fitz on the majority of plays?

Yes but Fitz also left in the 2nd quarter
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/22/league-will-review-suhs-week-two-illegal-hit-but-a-suspension-is-unlikely/
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/22/league-will-review-suhs-week-two-illegal-hit-but-a-suspension-is-unlikely/

Unbelievable. Now they're coming after him more than a week later. That's weak sauce.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Unbelievable. Now they're coming after him more than a week later. That's weak sauce.

Maybe they will go after the guy who tried to cripple him too. Rolling Eyes

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57
Page 57 of 57

Jump to: