Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Danny Amendola could miss 3-6 weeks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TomRalph


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 10389
Location: Revis Island
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm inclined to agree with Pats#1, I would prefer that we not try to rush Amendola or Gronk back, I feel we should try and play it smart and learn from the lessons of last year with Gronk coming back a little early from the forearm injury against the Texans. I know it was just an unfortunate circumstance that he just happened to land on the forearm at the point of the break in order to re-injure it, but I'm sure the extra week would have helped and meant he could've been healthy for the Ravens game (God we missed him in that game)

I just think we should play it safe a little more with Amendola, I mean, he is injury prone - right?... RIGHT!?

Still holding out for KT and Dobson to rediscover their hands and make a marked improvement so that we aren't in such a hurry to rush back Dola and Gronk.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23464
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:


I just think we should play it safe a little more with Amendola, I mean, he is injury prone - right?... RIGHT!?


Wrong.

There is virtually no evidence that broken bones in any way are related to a pulled or torn muscle and Amendola has not had any significant history of muscle problems.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomRalph


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 10389
Location: Revis Island
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:


I just think we should play it safe a little more with Amendola, I mean, he is injury prone - right?... RIGHT!?


Wrong.

There is virtually no evidence that broken bones in any way are related to a pulled or torn muscle and Amendola has not had any significant history of muscle problems.


I need to start using green text for sarcasm don't I?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23464
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:


I just think we should play it safe a little more with Amendola, I mean, he is injury prone - right?... RIGHT!?


Wrong.

There is virtually no evidence that broken bones in any way are related to a pulled or torn muscle and Amendola has not had any significant history of muscle problems.


I need to start using green text for sarcasm don't I?


The winking smiley face is pretty good for that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomRalph


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 10389
Location: Revis Island
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:


I just think we should play it safe a little more with Amendola, I mean, he is injury prone - right?... RIGHT!?


Wrong.

There is virtually no evidence that broken bones in any way are related to a pulled or torn muscle and Amendola has not had any significant history of muscle problems.


I need to start using green text for sarcasm don't I?


The winking smiley face is pretty good for that.


I don't want the NBT treatment.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8588
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:


I just think we should play it safe a little more with Amendola, I mean, he is injury prone - right?... RIGHT!?


Wrong.

There is virtually no evidence that broken bones in any way are related to a pulled or torn muscle and Amendola has not had any significant history of muscle problems.


I need to start using green text for sarcasm don't I?


The winking smiley face is pretty good for that.


I don't want the NBT treatment.


Just hold it to one, youll be fine Laughing
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23464
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:


I just think we should play it safe a little more with Amendola, I mean, he is injury prone - right?... RIGHT!?


Wrong.

There is virtually no evidence that broken bones in any way are related to a pulled or torn muscle and Amendola has not had any significant history of muscle problems.


I need to start using green text for sarcasm don't I?


The winking smiley face is pretty good for that.


I don't want the NBT treatment.


Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12457
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canton wrote:
2. Julian Edelman to me, when healthy is a superstar and I think that is skillset is as good as anybody for his size or lack there of. Don't think that his leading the league in receptions along with Andre Johnson is a fluke by any stretch of the imagination because its not. Healthy, and this guy is an absolute gamer at the receiver position.

Julian Edelman was fighting for a roster spot. He is not a super star WR. He's the only vet WR on a team w/ rookies dropping passes and running wrong routes... When Dola get back his role will be reduced because he is not that good of a player. If he was so graet he would've actually had larger role in past seasons.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot:
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8588
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
Canton wrote:
2. Julian Edelman to me, when healthy is a superstar and I think that is skillset is as good as anybody for his size or lack there of. Don't think that his leading the league in receptions along with Andre Johnson is a fluke by any stretch of the imagination because its not. Healthy, and this guy is an absolute gamer at the receiver position.

Julian Edelman was fighting for a roster spot. He is not a super star WR. He's the only vet WR on a team w/ rookies dropping passes and running wrong routes... When Dola get back his role will be reduced because he is not that good of a player. If he was so graet he would've actually had larger role in past seasons.


He isn't a super star, no, but the coaches like him, he works hard, and has shown plenty of ability. The trouble is he has been behind more talented (Dola) and established (Welker) slot guys his entire career.
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 3647
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Donut wrote:
Canton wrote:
2. Julian Edelman to me, when healthy is a superstar and I think that is skillset is as good as anybody for his size or lack there of. Don't think that his leading the league in receptions along with Andre Johnson is a fluke by any stretch of the imagination because its not. Healthy, and this guy is an absolute gamer at the receiver position.

Julian Edelman was fighting for a roster spot. He is not a super star WR. He's the only vet WR on a team w/ rookies dropping passes and running wrong routes... When Dola get back his role will be reduced because he is not that good of a player. If he was so graet he would've actually had larger role in past seasons.


He isn't a super star, no, but the coaches like him, he works hard, and has shown plenty of ability. The trouble is he has been behind more talented (Dola) and established (Welker) slot guys his entire career.


I would actually say the thing that's most stopped him from having bigger impacts is injuries. He was making big strides before he broke his hand last year.
_________________
Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8588
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Donut wrote:
Canton wrote:
2. Julian Edelman to me, when healthy is a superstar and I think that is skillset is as good as anybody for his size or lack there of. Don't think that his leading the league in receptions along with Andre Johnson is a fluke by any stretch of the imagination because its not. Healthy, and this guy is an absolute gamer at the receiver position.

Julian Edelman was fighting for a roster spot. He is not a super star WR. He's the only vet WR on a team w/ rookies dropping passes and running wrong routes... When Dola get back his role will be reduced because he is not that good of a player. If he was so graet he would've actually had larger role in past seasons.


He isn't a super star, no, but the coaches like him, he works hard, and has shown plenty of ability. The trouble is he has been behind more talented (Dola) and established (Welker) slot guys his entire career.


I would actually say the thing that's most stopped him from having bigger impacts is injuries. He was making big strides before he broke his hand last year.


Exactly. I believe that was in large part because the coaching staff thought that Welker's reliability factor (his largest assest) was diminishing and Jules playmaking ability was coming to par.
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15735
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any idea why this guy would be getting the information before local writers, but it's awfully interesting if true.
Quote:
New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola completely tore the adductor longus tendon in his groin in the team's Week 1 victory over the Buffalo Bills, two league sources told Yahoo Sports. And it might be the best thing for the Patriots that he did.

Doctors often treat chronic groin pain by snipping the adductor longus one of the muscles in the groin from the pubic bone. Since Amendola's tendon ruptured, he essentially did the doctors' work for them, eliminating the need for surgery during the season. It also means he has a faster recovery time than if he had a groin operation.

Normal recovery time, even without surgery, is anywhere from two to six weeks. League sources said Amendola is healing faster than that, at a pace closer to three to four, which means he might play as soon as next Sunday at Atlanta.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--patriots--danny-amendola-has-complete-muscle-tear-in-groin-but-recovering-at-fast-pace-211510361.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomRalph


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 10389
Location: Revis Island
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
I don't have any idea why this guy would be getting the information before local writers, but it's awfully interesting if true.
Quote:
New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola completely tore the adductor longus tendon in his groin in the team's Week 1 victory over the Buffalo Bills, two league sources told Yahoo Sports. And it might be the best thing for the Patriots that he did.

Doctors often treat chronic groin pain by snipping the adductor longus one of the muscles in the groin from the pubic bone. Since Amendola's tendon ruptured, he essentially did the doctors' work for them, eliminating the need for surgery during the season. It also means he has a faster recovery time than if he had a groin operation.

Normal recovery time, even without surgery, is anywhere from two to six weeks. League sources said Amendola is healing faster than that, at a pace closer to three to four, which means he might play as soon as next Sunday at Atlanta.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--patriots--danny-amendola-has-complete-muscle-tear-in-groin-but-recovering-at-fast-pace-211510361.html


Anyone else get a funny feeling 'down there' when they read the sentence that contained the words 'snipping' and 'one of the muscles...from the pubic bone'? Embarassed

I really hope Dola can get relatively healthy as soon as possible, I hate the injury prone tag he's got in the eyes of the public, I've loved him ever since he's entered the league and it's been such a shame to see him miss so much time. The glimpse we got of him in Week 1 was so impressive and the chemistry he and TB had was great to see. a 100% healthy Dola and TB working in tandem is a tantalising prospect.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12457
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Anyone else get a funny feeling 'down there' when they read the sentence that contained the words 'snipping' and 'one of the muscles...from the pubic bone'? Embarassed

No... I'm not into that sort of thing...

TomRalph wrote:
I really hope Dola can get relatively healthy as soon as possible, I hate the injury prone tag he's got in the eyes of the public, I've loved him ever since he's entered the league and it's been such a shame to see him miss so much time. The glimpse we got of him in Week 1 was so impressive and the chemistry he and TB had was great to see. a 100% healthy Dola and TB working in tandem is a tantalising prospect.

I agree I hope he gets healthy and we'll all love him kicking [inappropriate/removed] the rest of the season.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot:
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
m haynes


Joined: 29 Jan 2011
Posts: 768
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amendola tweets Mike Reiss He almost 100%

ESPN
Amendola plans to be '100 percent shortly'

New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola, who has missed the last two games with an injured groin, envisions returning to the same level he played at prior to his injury.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9721752/danny-amendola-new-england-patriots-anticipates-being-100-percent-shortly?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group