Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why Players Love Marc Trestman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Why Players Love Marc Trestman Reply with quote

ďWe play catch every day after practice and talk a little bit; a little father-son time,Ē Bennett said. ďItís always good to get to talk to him while we play catch. Heíll ask me what I thought about practice or different things like that, and I will tell him different things I do to get better and how I think I can help the team in the game plan this week, the plays I like. Itís just like our quiet time with one another at the end of the day.Ē

Quiet time and Bennett donít always go hand in hand, although the 26-year old begged to differ, saying he only turns on the charm once the television cameras start rolling.

Told about Bennettís father-son comment, Trestman bowed his head and laughed.

ďItís not the first time Iíve played catch with another player on the team,Ē Trestman said. ďAnd Iíve met Martellusí father. I appreciate the kind words, but heís a father who is a heck of a man as the father of two great kids. Iíve spent time with them and he doesnít need me to spend time as a father (figure), but I appreciate the compliment.Ē

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears
ForteOz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If things keep going the way they have been for this team, I believe Trest has a real shot at coach of the year, or he should at least.

Right now I have to imagine Andy Reid is the front runner though, which is deserving.

But coming in to a bad team and making them better is a very different situation than coming in to a good team and taking them to the next level. Trest inherited a talented roster, but the guy he replaced was the winningest Bears coach most of us have watched, and he was *loved* by his players.

In every way except the level of talent he has to work with, I believe his job is more difficult.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read..
TD: 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: