Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Saints at Bucs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
What do you expect Freeman to do? Big passing plays cut off for procedure penalties, no calls from the officials on clear pass interference and drops from his receivers. Freeman probably should have had twice the yards and TDs. The interception was bad, no denying it. Some of his throws made it difficult for his receivers, but they're still plays pro receivers should make.

As for benching him, Glennon will not take us to the playoffs. There is not a QB available who could take us to the playoffs. It's becoming apparent that Freeman isn't the long term answer, particularly for Schiano. In my opinion, he is being thrown under the bus by Schiano as he is not his guy. Right now though, Josh Freeman is all we have. So whether you think he's the answer or not; get behind him. Publically at least. He needs confidence. And a confident Freeman can get the job done.

You don't think Glennon will take us to the playoffs but Freeman will Laughing

"Freeman is being thrown under the bus"... oh man another Laughing

Did you just start watching Bucs game this year or what. Freeman has been a hack for years. R&P was wishing for Smith for crying out loud. Does that not tell you how bad Free is.

"Get behind him"... for what? Why support a guy who's walking dead and not helping in fact hurting our team.

Like Cali said epic fail!

At what point did I say Josh will take us to the playoffs?

Ask yourself this. Does Schiano need to come out and publically talk about Josh being late for the team photo and other events? No, he doesn't. So he's done a pretty good job alienating him the past week.

I've watched Freeman since he was drafted.

"Epic fail"? You can come up with better chat than that Wink

Lavonte David

117 Tackles
6 Sacks
5 Interception
14 Pass Breakups
1 Safety
1 Ridiculous Fine
DJC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I think Glennon could give us a better shot at the playoffs. Russ and Kaep did it their first seasons as starters last year and they weren't highly touted prospects. I'd argue our defense is getting on San Fran's & Seattle's level too now so I think the comparison is fair.

To get away from the negativity for a minute, we have some young damn stud's on defense.

Lavonte and Mason should make our linebacking core elite for some years, both are stepping up as playmakers this season.

Clayborn and McCoy have been getting great pressure, and Akeem Spence has played pretty damn solid for a raw mid-round rookie D-lineman.

Ahmad Black seems like he's improved and has settled into that 3rd safety role. I haven't seen Banks get abused or burnt any yet, I haven't watched that closely though but I think it's safe to say he's no Myron Lewis. Barron's already showing up more in coverage this year then he did last year which is really encouraging in his development.

It's exciting to think we have atleast 7 starters on D under 25 who all seem like they'll be atleast above average, with a few stars in the mix.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear this Tim Tebow character took Denver to the playoffs when all hope seemed lost.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaine-stew wrote:

Also what the hell was Leonard Johnson doing covering Colston on the most important play of the game?

GIVE FREEMAN UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON
I was wondering the same thing and then I realized Revis was on Jimmy Graham that play. And I guess our "#2 CB" had to guard their #1 WR. I would much rather have Banks on him in that situation though. No length whatsoever to make a play on a much bigger bodied Colston.
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I hear this Tim Tebow character took Denver to the playoffs when all hope seemed lost.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather one of us went in to play QB over Tebow.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
I just hope Schiano knows Freeman's not the only one who is going to lose his job.

Should be 2-0 - we are too talented not to be, we found ways to lose games.

By Schiano, Bye Dom, Bye Free - I don't care who starts at QB, because I'm sure Glennon is not the answer. Let's draft someone in the first this year.

Might sound like I am overreacting but no team has made the playoffs starting 0-2 in the last 30 years. I can live with our plays blowing games, but our HC is playing just a big of a part.

Being a Bucs fan is not easy Sad

Actually there's been lots of teams that not only made the playoffs but won the division starting 0-2
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember during our glory years we would start the season 3-4 all the time before making the playoffs. It felt like every season. Laughing

Props to Eggy
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
I remember during our glory years we would start the season 3-4 all the time before making the playoffs. It felt like every season. Laughing

I feel that regardless of how the season goes, Freeman is gone. Everyone agree? Especially if he continues to play like he has, he will actually be yanked half way through the year. I think it's wrong to assume the season is done if Glennon comes in cu I don't see him doif any worse than Freeman at this point.

With that said, we have an uphill battle against us for sure but considering we have the Pats, Cards, and Eagles as our next 3 games, I think it's entirely possie we win all 3 games. With our D holding the opposing offenses to little to nothing I think it's entirely possible we win all 3. However, after those game we have the Falcons, Panthers, Seahawks, Dolphins, and Flacons again. Best case we win 3 of those. That puts us at 6-4 after 10 games and I think that's best case. It really just depends on how our QB play is I think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33

Jump to: