Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Detroit Lions vs Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Im a little shocked that some of you guys are freaking out like this!! We are one game out of the division! ...

Well, no, it's not that simple. Our game is already over at half time.
I didn't realize the season ended after two games....

Try telling Jaguar fans that...
Geronimo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

Still, we are where we are now. Which means we have to deal with him looking like a very average QB until he knocks that rust off.

I think this is the correct attitude in this situation.

Even average QB win a lot of games if they have a team around them executing good plays. RG3 is not the origin of our current problems.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rg3 has more passing attempts right now than Peyton Manning and Matt Stafford! Shocked

Again, game planning and play calling are a main problem on offense.

That being said, long term, if this helps RG3 develop better as a passer, that's a good thing and better for RG4s long term career. If this it's how it's going to stay, they're record will end up being what I expected it to be last year- around .500

Hopefully, they start to commit to the run more and we can get 9 to 10 wins though.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Rg3 has more passing attempts right now than Peyton Manning and Matt Stafford! Shocked

That being said, long term, if this helps RG3 develop better as a passer, that's a good thing and better for RG4s long term career. If this it's how it's going to stay, they're record will end up being what I expected it to be last year- around .500

Hopefully, they start to commit to the run more and we can get 9 to 10 wins though.

Hard to use the running game down 3 scores .
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Agree. I'm getting tired of relying on gimmicks to make our Offense work anyway. If a .500 season is what it takes to see some changes, then so be it. Griffin will (fingers crossed) be with us for a decade or more, so we have time to develop him and an Offense that can help him succeed.

We have been passing alot because our Offense has sucked and been out of sync in the first half though, turtle. Shanahan already said he wants to run more but they can't when they need to make up 24 *^#%$@ points. Morris' fumbles and general ineffectiveness by the Oline plus terrible playcalling isn't going to help us be able to run more in the first half.

The Oline (run game) has been getting blown up because we are terribly predictable once again. Until that changes nothing is going to work. The only thing that made these crappy formations work last year was the threat of Griffin running. We have made 0 adjustments to account for other teams knowing Griffin can't run.

If we change our Passing game (Saints game) and "looks" we could bring back that unpredictability. But the Offense we've seen isn't fooling anyone.
Geronimo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:

Agree. I'm getting tired of relying on gimmicks to make our Offense work anyway. If a .500 season is what it takes to see some changes, then so be it. Griffin will (fingers crossed) be with us for a decade or more, so we have time to develop him and an Offense that can help him succeed.

We have been passing alot because our Offense has sucked and been out of sync in the first half though, turtle. Shanahan already said he wants to run more but they can't when they need to make up 24 *^#%$@ points. Morris' fumbles and general ineffectiveness by the Oline plus terrible playcalling isn't going to help us be able to run more in the first half.

The Oline (run game) has been getting blown up because we are terribly predictable once again. Until that changes nothing is going to work. The only thing that made these crappy formations work last year was the threat of Griffin running. We have made 0 adjustments to account for other teams knowing Griffin can't run.

If we change our Passing game (Saints game) and "looks" we could bring back that unpredictability. But the Offense we've seen isn't fooling anyone.

So, you agree with me: our success last year was due to having the right people executing the right scheme, i.e., the read option. Now we can't and we are back to our usual poor schemes that we have already seen in past years.

Isn't that a call for our OC?
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am down in the dumps as many of you guys. But we need to wait until the next couple of games have been played to say for sure that we are inept.

The reason i am saying this is because lets face it the first game we lost it. you can't turn the ball over 4 times and win nor when you can't hit 40 yard FGs in tight games.

the 2nd we played a team that never loses at home. Considering they matched perfectly with the best QB in the league against a rookie/below average secondary the results were obvious.

its this game on Sunday and the next against Oakland that will tell us what team we are going to be this year.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am down in the dumps as many of you guys. But we need to wait until the next couple of games have been played to say for sure that we are inept.

The reason i am saying this is because lets face it the first game we lost it. you can't turn the ball over 4 times and win nor when you can't hit 40 yard FGs in tight games.

the 2nd we played a team that never loses at home. Considering they matched perfectly with the best QB in the league against a rookie/below average secondary the results were obvious.

its this game on Sunday and the next against Oakland that will tell us what team we are going to be this year.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Im a little shocked that some of you guys are freaking out like this!! We are one game out of the division! ...

Totally different story. Their roster just doesn't have talent, ours does. We won the division last year with a less talented team, this year so far the problem is chemistry. Our guys just aren't on the same page on both sides of the ball and the game planning has sucked on both sides of ball.

On top of that, RG3 is not sure of his knee yet when the live bullets fly at him, but he is getting better every week.

We can only improve from here on out though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Hard to use the running game down 3 scores .
we weren't down 3 scores till the the second quarter in each game. Every die hard Redskins fan and beat reporter knows that our running game sets up this offense to be a success. It was that way when Shanahan was in Denver two decades ago and last decade.

The problem I see is that Kyle is reverting back to 2010 and 2011 Kyle when we aren't immediately having success running the ball. Then it's putting too much pressure on RG3 and on our defense to stop two of the most high powered offenses in the NFL right now. The defense has not been good, but when the offense doesn't move the ball, posses the ball or get first downs, the defense can't always be expected to keep offenses like the Eagles and Packers out of the endzone for 3 quarters.

If we aren't a run first team, we aren't going to succeed right now and our offense will not run as efficiently as it did last year. It makes no sense why we aren't rushing Morris 20 times a game and Helu 10 times with Helu also getting some targets including screens. We have a lot of talent in our backfield that isn't being used. Griffin really shouldn't even need to run much, but the the threat of him running does help our offense, so if he could just be used like he was the last month of last season in the run game (after he hurt his knee), it will open up more running lanes for Morris and Helu and open up the passing game.

On Defense, our pass rush has been good, we've gotte pressure on D. We are tied with 3 other teams for 7th in sacks right now and have a lot of Qb pressures.

We've struggled with tackling after the catch in our secondary the most and with our pass coverage.

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Meriweather barely practiced today and there is a good chance he won't play this week vs. the Lions

Wow! 30 missed tackles his year for the Redskins!! Shocked

Haz had pads on the players today to work on it with the guys.

lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Totally different story. Their roster just doesn't have talent, ours does. We won the division last year with a less talented team, this year so far the problem is chemistry. Our guys just aren't on the same page on both sides of the ball and the game planning has sucked on both sides of ball.

On top of that, RG3 is not sure of his knee yet when the live bullets fly at him, but he is getting better every week.

That went over your head completely...
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brandon Meriweather barely practiced today and there is a good chance he won't play this week vs. the Lions

Meriweather sucks anyway. He's a headhunter who should've been suspended. I can't wait til' this team parts with that moron so we don't have the to be the team that he's on when he permanently injures someone.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

That went over your head completely...
how so? Maybe if you weren't so vague in your responses, I'd actually understand what you meant. Wink

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Meriweather sucks anyway. He's a headhunter who should've been suspended. I can't wait til' this team parts with that moron so we don't have the to be the team that he's on when he permanently injures someone.
I'm sure that day will come. My guess is that next off-season Meriweather and Hall are gone. Probably Wilson and Biggers also. I think we'll sign a #1 type CB, and draft another cb at some point- Amerson will be one of our starters. I think we sign a FS like Jarius Byrd with Rabo being his back up. I think next year the SS job will go to Phillip Thomas- I basically think its his to lose as long as he's healthy and Doughty will remain the back up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 4 of 29

Jump to: