Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ATL place Weatherspoon on short-IR,Jackson out for 2-4 weeks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4655
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
Only 1 player thats contributed (not talking about st's) that was drafted later than the 4rh rd on this team in the last 6 yrs and that Biermann.
Lol, wut?

Biermann
Reynolds
Walker
Franks
Schillinger
Rodgers
Bosher (special teams or not, he was a great pick)
Ewing
Matthews
Massaquoi

That's 10 players from the last five years who have contributed to this team. On top of that, four starters. No sense in including this past draft, we're two games into the season. Give them time.

Continue to make stuff up. We love to watch you dig.
All BUMS besides Biermann(and he's avg). Ewing? lmao. And punters don't count. Players don't even consider them part of the
team. I know this for a fact.(sources)


No one cares about your sources.

Walker, Rodgers, Biermann, Reynolds, Bosher and now most likely Massaquoi all contribute or contributed heavily to the team. You really should just stop.
Bums contribute too. Again, didn't mean to say contribute. Hell anybody can do that. Let me ask you guys this. If you could do over all of TD's drafts. Would you take anybody Besides Ryan, Julio, and WilyMo?


Spoon, Harry Douglas, Corey Peters, Lofton, Decoud, Biermann, Reynolds, Quizz, Bosher, Hawley and possibly Mike Johnson. Thats just up tp 2012 as well, cuase who reallly knows ofr the other two years. ANd thats just not who I would tale, its the good pioks based on the players who were drafted after them.
Don't even know what to say. But ok.What is this, an injured reserve list?

Last edited by terrell123 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 9908
Location: pnw, usa.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're expectations for draft picks, especially late round draft picks, is WAY, WAY, WAY too high.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4655
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
You're expectations for draft picks, especially late round draft picks, is WAY, WAY, WAY too high.
Possibly. Smile I take the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th rds seriously. ha. And Ive seen WAY too many Chevis' and Owens' around here. Just sick and tired of never addressing the trenches. Still pissed at the Baker and Jerry picks I guess. Laughing Didn't like either one of those guys coming out. Dint like Konz either. 18 reps? 1 And taking Lamar Holmes in the 3rd this year made my hair stand up. And I don't have any. Hope they proves me wrong.

Last edited by terrell123 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
Ill give you Walker, but where is he? Oakland I think? Why didn't we keep him over Jerry?nd Rodgers is ok I guess(even tho I wouldn't of took him in the 3rd rd) And I said drafted players. Not undrafted players. Hell you can give me some snaps. Does that mean I contributed? Again, I meant played well. NOT CONTRIBUTED. I guess your definition of contributed is had a chance to play, but didn't do a dang thing with it. Hell, I got nauseous just looking at that list.


Walker's agent told me that he signed with Oakland because he wanted to start. And he's starting there and seeing 80% of the snaps. If Walker's available and Babineaux or Peters isn't on the Falcons for some reason, there'd be no reason to contact him and bring him back.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4655
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
Ill give you Walker, but where is he? Oakland I think? Why didn't we keep him over Jerry?nd Rodgers is ok I guess(even tho I wouldn't of took him in the 3rd rd) And I said drafted players. Not undrafted players. Hell you can give me some snaps. Does that mean I contributed? Again, I meant played well. NOT CONTRIBUTED. I guess your definition of contributed is had a chance to play, but didn't do a dang thing with it. Hell, I got nauseous just looking at that list.


Walker's agent told me that he signed with Oakland because he wanted to start. And he's starting there and seeing 80% of the snaps. If Walker's available and Babineaux or Peters isn't on the Falcons for some reason, there'd be no reason to contact him and bring him back.
The way we rotate guys in and out? Shouldt matter whether he starts or not. Gonna get plenty of snaps regardless. But oh well. If you wanna go to Oakland something has to be wrong with you. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
The way we rotate guys in and out? Shouldt matter whether he starts or not. Gonna get plenty of snaps regardless. But oh well. If you wanna go to Oakland something has to be wrong with you. Smile

They offered the same amount. 2M and start and prove you can get a way bigger contract or 2M and sit behind guys and not get that way bigger contract?
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4655
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
The way we rotate guys in and out? Shouldt matter whether he starts or not. Gonna get plenty of snaps regardless. But oh well. If you wanna go to Oakland something has to be wrong with you. Smile

They offered the same amount. 2M and start and prove you can get a way bigger contract or 2M and sit behind guys and not get that way bigger contract?
Bbs and Jerry probably wont be here much longer. Im sure he had to know that. Babs because of age and Jerry because... well he's Jerry. He'll just disappear in Oakland. That's where you go to end your career, not start it. Some agent.

Last edited by terrell123 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4535
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
The way we rotate guys in and out? Shouldt matter whether he starts or not. Gonna get plenty of snaps regardless. But oh well. If you wanna go to Oakland something has to be wrong with you. Smile

They offered the same amount. 2M and start and prove you can get a way bigger contract or 2M and sit behind guys and not get that way bigger contract?
Bbs and Jerry probably wont be here much longer. Im sure he had to know that. Babs because of age and Jerry because... well he's Jerry. He'll just disappear in Oakland. That's where you go to end your career, not start it.


Why don't you tell that to Phillip Wheeler, who started for a year in Oakland and just signed a big deal in Miami. If you play well, people notice. Doesn't matter where you are.
_________________


Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chipperboy1


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 15271
Location: 755 Hank Aaron Drive
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta agree about Walker- if you're offered the opportunity to start and prove yourself, you have to take it, ESPECIALLY if the teams are offering the same amount of cash. It makes no sense for a younger player to turn down a starting job just so they can say they were a rotation guy on a winning team. If it's a vet who has made his money who's chasing the ring, sure, that's where you can say "I'd rather play for a chance at a ring", but Walker's not an old, grizzled vet. Although his name IS Vance, which to me sounds old and grizzled. Very Happy
_________________
"John Wayne and Rio Lobo are coming up next, just as soon as Jeffrey Leonard hits into a 6-4-3." (CRACK!) "Six...four...three!" -- Skip Caray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
The way we rotate guys in and out? Shouldt matter whether he starts or not. Gonna get plenty of snaps regardless. But oh well. If you wanna go to Oakland something has to be wrong with you. Smile

They offered the same amount. 2M and start and prove you can get a way bigger contract or 2M and sit behind guys and not get that way bigger contract?
Bbs and Jerry probably wont be here much longer. Im sure he had to know that. Babs because of age and Jerry because... well he's Jerry. He'll just disappear in Oakland. That's where you go to end your career, not start it. Some agent.

yet, he's a top 10 DT according to PFF. He's proving his mettle in Oakland and showing that he's a long term starter. Oh, and he's just 26. The Falcons can sign him back next year to go "younger" and have a guy who already knows the scheme. win-win.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14334
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has me rolling. Thanks guys
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group