Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mark Ingram Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Mark Ingram Thread Reply with quote

I'd say we just use this to discuss Ingram. And what we should do with him.

He just looks terrible and not a fit for us IMHO, I think we should trade him to the Giants for a conditional pick, and see what he can do with them. Just doesn't work here, at all IMO.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
krewebrees

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade him for an OT. The question is who would be willing to a starting OT for Ingram.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewebrees wrote:
Trade him for an OT. The question is who would be willing to a starting OT for Ingram.

Nobody in their right mind..

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Colts were looking to trade for a back after Ballard went down with an ACL injury.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Porter22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trade him for depth at our d line or at the lb position and let PT start! Will never understand, why PT doesn't get like 60% of our carries and Sproles coming in the rest of the time.

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
krewe_dat_504

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Just trade him for depth at our d line or at the lb position and let PT start! Will never understand, why PT doesn't get like 60% of our carries and Sproles coming in the rest of the time.

If this can happen then it would be the best solution imo. I think there could be a team out there that might see Ingram's struggles as a product of being a Heisman trophy winner who's being forced to share carries with two other guys in a RB by committee scheme on a pass heavy team. Bush ran for 1,000 yards after we traded him to the Dolphins. Some team out there might see more value in Ingram than we do.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to quit drafting RBs unless they're going to give them the ball 15-20 times a game. Outside of that, FA vets and UDFAs are more than enough for us.

Ivory, Sproles, PT, Robinson, Joique Bell (who we absolutely should've kept, I think most Saints fans said that at the time too) to name a few.

We don't need to draft RBs, I don't know how Payton doesn't get that. We could've gone from 2006 to now without drafting a RB and been fine.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 34 receptions, 278 yards, 1 first downs, 1 TD - 5 rushes, 64 yards, 3 first downs
Corey White - 29 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery
krewebrees

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
They need to quit drafting RBs unless they're going to give them the ball 15-20 times a game. Outside of that, FA vets and UDFAs are more than enough for us.

Ivory, Sproles, PT, Robinson, Joique Bell (who we absolutely should've kept, I think most Saints fans said that at the time too) to name a few.

We don't need to draft RBs, I don't know how Payton doesn't get that. We could've gone from 2006 to now without drafting a RB and been fine.

We've only drafted 2 RBs in that time, and I actually liked (and still do) the Reggie pick. He was the "consensus" best player in the draft and our RBs were Deuce and Aaron Stecker. Deuce was obviously our starter, and where Reggie never became what we thought he would be, he did become a decent 3rd down back. I also believe that we wouldn't have gotten Sproles, had we never had Reggie.

Ingram on the other hand, I agree 100% with you. Don't draft Ingram, start Thomas, and never trade Ivory.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Mark Ingram Thread Reply with quote

I was one of the biggest supporters of Ingram up to this point but the time has come to face the cold hard facts about this situation...

1. Ingram is a bust.
2. His value is shot.
3. We are likely stuck with him.
4. I'm sure we will trade him at some point.
5. It's doubtful we will land much in return.

In hindsight... bad trade, bad pick, another wasted 1st rounder!

PS: Zup ya'll? Good to be back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Mark Ingram Thread Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
I was one of the biggest supporters of Ingram up to this point but the time has come to face the cold hard facts about this situation...

1. Ingram is a bust.
2. His value is shot.
3. We are likely stuck with him.
4. I'm sure we will trade him at some point.
5. It's doubtful we will land much in return.

In hindsight... bad trade, bad pick, another wasted 1st rounder!

PS: Zup ya'll? Good to be back!

I agree and disagree with you. I don't think he is a complete bust. I look at INgram and I see a guy that gets going with more carries. Something he won't get here. The kid can play, but he needs to be a 20-25 carry a game back. He needs to get into a rhythm, I have seen plenty backs like him. He is only a bust in our system. I don't think overall.

I say trade him to Miami. It worked for the last two first round pick Heisman winning running backs we drafted Laughing Welcome back again worm.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade him for a 6th-7th rounder at this point honestly. He does more harm than good.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: 3 potential trade partners for Mark Ingram: Reply with quote

Yes, Mark Ingram has been a bust for the Saints but I still believe in the right situation the former Heisman winner can be a quality NFL back. I do not feel Ingramís trade value is destroyed as some suggest because this is still a young player with potential who many franchises will look at as a unique talent stuck in the wrong offensive scheme. While a 1st or 2nd round pick in compensation is likely a pipe dream, I do believe Ingram can bring in either a 3rd rounder or a package of a 4th and 6th round pick. Some team out there would likely be more than willing to take a chance on Ingram and the Saints of course will likely hold out for the best deal. However I do expect Ingram to be dealt before the conclusion of this season because it gets too hard to move backs for draft picks the closer the draft gets.

Having said that, here are my top 3 landing spots for Mark Ingram by seasonís endÖ

1. Dallas Cowboys:
The Cowboys have issues at the running back position with Dunbarís fumbling issues and now reports out of Dallas that the organization wants Murray to add weight because many in the front office do not believe he possesses the frame to handle being the bell cow they seek at the position. With Jerry Jones still calling the shots and his close relationship with Sean Payton, I could very well see the Cowboys and Saints coming to terms on a trade for Ingram especially if Dallas continues to lose while there run game struggles.

2. Miami Dolphins:
Rumor is that Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland was very high on Ingram in the 2011 draft and contemplated drafting the Alabama back in the top 15. This could be a situation where Ireland could feel Ingram is still a quality NFL back that is just stuck in a bad situation that doesnít utilize his talents. Ingram could easily compete in Miami for the Dolphins starting RB job and be a nice complement to Lamar Miller in South Beach.

3. St. Louis Rams:
The Rams and Jeff Fisher need to continue to build around Sam Bradford and the running back position is still a big concern in St. Louis. Mark Ingram (I feel) could win that job and actually resurrect his career behind the Rams physical offensive line.

So, what say you?

Do you feel Ingram will be eventually moved and if soÖ when and to whom?

WHODAT

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 potential trade partners for Mark Ingram: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Yes, Mark Ingram has been a bust for the Saints but I still believe in the right situation the former Heisman winner can be a quality NFL back. I do not feel Ingramís trade value is destroyed as some suggest because this is still a young player with potential who many franchises will look at as a unique talent stuck in the wrong offensive scheme. While a 1st or 2nd round pick in compensation is likely a pipe dream, I do believe Ingram can bring in either a 3rd rounder or a package of a 4th and 6th round pick. Some team out there would likely be more than willing to take a chance on Ingram and the Saints of course will likely hold out for the best deal. However I do expect Ingram to be dealt before the conclusion of this season because it gets too hard to move backs for draft picks the closer the draft gets.

Yeah, that's not happening. Conditional 7th that turns into a 6th depending on playing time. Trade him to the Steelers.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 potential trade partners for Mark Ingram: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Yeah, that's not happening. Conditional 7th that turns into a 6th depending on playing time. Trade him to the Steelers.

I get people are down on him because of his play thus far but I doubt that's all he can bring in return and if that is the case then Saints fans better get used to having him around because there is no way Loomis and Payton move him for that. They will keep force feeding him the ball before they do.

Raves

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 potential trade partners for Mark Ingram: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Richardson has been just as bad as Ingram and he just got traded for a 1st to Indy... just saying...

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: