Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kendrick Lewis + Akeem Jordan - Ilb / S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Kendrick Lewis + Akeem Jordan - Ilb / S Reply with quote

Last year FS and ILB were our 2 biggest holes on defense by far. Enter Akeem Jordan, and Kendrick Lewis finally playing up to his potential and we are seeing the benefits of a stacked defense.

Where is the love for these 2 guys? It's like we only focus on the "holes" on our team / the negatives about the Chiefs. Kendrick Lewis made some plays last week that had me on my feet jumping around. That pass break up on Witten? Busted up that WR screen in the red zone? With Berry playing 7 different positions on this defense, the FS better be a reliable cover man, and someone you can trust as a center fielder at times. Kendrick Lewis has done basically everything Sutton has told him to do thus far.

Akeem Jordan does nothing flashy but just plays the position as well as anyone. Forced fumble last week in a key situation anyone? This is the guy we have been looking to get to play alongside DJ for the past 5 years! Let's show some love no?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably this forum's biggest Lewis non-fan. But I couldn't agree more, he's been playing outstanding.

In terms of Jordan, he's playing about like I expected him, no flash, but very solid, and most importantly it's giving Nico time to grow and learn, which is exactly what I think he needs.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lewis' play is partly due to he's finally fully healthy and Sutton is using him to his skill set. Jordans a good mistake-free ILB that's helped this defense flourish so far.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:23/Sacks:7:FF:1/FR:0
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been astounded by Lewis's physicality so far this year. He's been billed as a player to shy away from contact, and it has always been assumed he's belong back in that deep zone Romeo always had him in. Amazing how he's stepped up getting some more man, blitz, and shallow zone opportunities. Makes me wonder if his problem wasn't contact, but taking proper angles when coming down in the run game from deep in the secondary. Multiple screen plays so far this season he has either blown up or at least stalled for much less than they should of (I'm thinking that one where he held up MJD and a blocker long enough for the pursuit to catch up behind MJD.)

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
24 catches, 307 yards, 3 TDs
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis was pretty much solely to blame for Dez's TD this week. Other than that, though, I've been really impressed with him so far.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
I think Lewis' play is partly due to he's finally fully healthy and Sutton is using him to his skill set. Jordans a good mistake-free ILB that's helped this defense flourish so far.

This. Our secondary bit parts are getting to play their bits a lot more this season. Not everyone can be good at everything.

Yes, Mr. Berry, we know there are exceptions. Even you are better at some things than others.

J

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the biggest shock on D to me is Abdullah. He's been doing work in the slot!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
I think the biggest shock on D to me is Abdullah. He's been doing work in the slot!

I agreen and I'm lovin it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: