Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cody513


Joined: 15 Aug 2013
Posts: 126
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Ill pose this question just like I do with the people all for getting rid of Cutler if something happens this season. Who replaces Melton? You have a free agent list a mile long with many defensive players on it and why not throw one of the better defensive tackles in it too?
If Melton's play does not improve, the Bears will not give him a huge contract. We will draft DL.


Ill say it again....really glad you arent anywhere near a front office Al. If they try and draft a DT they better hope he is better than Geno Atkins. Henry Melton will be too busy tearing it up with Rod Marinelli in Dallas. Not to mention drafting a position we really dont have a hole at takes away from another position we desperately need to fill.


If Melton doesn't improve (which i'm sure he will get back to his former self soon), than why would you give him a big contract? He has been alright, but he definitely hasn't been playing like one of the best in the game. Again, i'm sure this doesn't continue, but why pay a guy a huge contract that isn't playing up to the level he's getting paid?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19667
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cody513 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Ill pose this question just like I do with the people all for getting rid of Cutler if something happens this season. Who replaces Melton? You have a free agent list a mile long with many defensive players on it and why not throw one of the better defensive tackles in it too?
If Melton's play does not improve, the Bears will not give him a huge contract. We will draft DL.


Ill say it again....really glad you arent anywhere near a front office Al. If they try and draft a DT they better hope he is better than Geno Atkins. Henry Melton will be too busy tearing it up with Rod Marinelli in Dallas. Not to mention drafting a position we really dont have a hole at takes away from another position we desperately need to fill.


If Melton doesn't improve (which i'm sure he will get back to his former self soon), than why would you give him a big contract? He has been alright, but he definitely hasn't been playing like one of the best in the game. Again, i'm sure this doesn't continue, but why pay a guy a huge contract that isn't playing up to the level he's getting paid?


See I'm not thinking about what if he doesnt improve because the guy he is playing like right now isnt him. We all know that and have seen it. He is going to get paid either from us or another team.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blkwdw13


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 1722
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
I'm starting to worry about our defense though. 2nd game in a row with WEAK pass rush, TJ got abused today with the exception of his INT. OL struggled, I dont buy the oh well there were 0 sacks given up, Cutler was being forced to roll out almost every play and the run blocking was horrendous. ST coverage is not good, I haven't been impressed with DeCamillas AT ALL. I think this will be a really good learning experience for everyone, most importantly for Marc Trestman, I think he struggled today as well. Got way too cute on that goal line play.


But you said there isn't a big drop off from Toub to him, I think it's trending towards a pretty big gap between the two.
Toub was made by Devin Hester. Our return game is still good because of Hester. Our kickoff return coverage has sucked for two weeks giving up big kickoff returns both games.


Toub coverage teams were better than what the Bears have showed the first two weeks and Gould improved dramatically over the seasons under Toub also, neither of which have anything to do with Hester.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 4219
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
I'm starting to worry about our defense though. 2nd game in a row with WEAK pass rush, TJ got abused today with the exception of his INT. OL struggled, I dont buy the oh well there were 0 sacks given up, Cutler was being forced to roll out almost every play and the run blocking was horrendous. ST coverage is not good, I haven't been impressed with DeCamillas AT ALL. I think this will be a really good learning experience for everyone, most importantly for Marc Trestman, I think he struggled today as well. Got way too cute on that goal line play.


But you said there isn't a big drop off from Toub to him, I think it's trending towards a pretty big gap between the two.
Toub was made by Devin Hester. Our return game is still good because of Hester. Our kickoff return coverage has sucked for two weeks giving up big kickoff returns both games.


Toub coverage teams were better than what the Bears have showed the first two weeks and Gould improved dramatically over the seasons under Toub also, neither of which have anything to do with Hester.

So far our Defensive Coverage team has taken a step back, however, you cannot deny DeCamillas having better blocking on Kickoff returns if in his second game Hest breaks a Chicago Bears record which dates back 90+ years...
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
blkwdw13


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 1722
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^

The blocking was good on Sunday the previous week not so much, but at the same time Hester is the common ground between the two coaches and Hester broke his own record which he set in 2006 and he also has another game going over 200 kick return yards. Not the 90+ years you said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 4219
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
^^^^^^

The blocking was good on Sunday the previous week not so much, but at the same time Hester is the common ground between the two coaches and Hester broke his own record which he set in 2006 and he also has another game going over 200 kick return yards. Not the 90+ years you said.

It doesn't matter if he broke his own record or not, Devin Hester set a Chicago Bears team record for kickoff return yards dating back to 1921... That speaks for itself. To deem the coordinator and coach that Trestman designated Associate Head Coach not comparable to Toub is just ignorant. Your just trying to prove a point that isn't there to make yourself sound good. I have agreed since the very first post that Dave Toub is the best ST coordinator in the NFL, I have said I wasn't particularly impressed with DeCamillas's Defensive coverage unit, but he is absolutely among the top 5 best ST coordinators in the NFL and is absolutely comparable to Dave Toub.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 4219
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
cody513 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Ill pose this question just like I do with the people all for getting rid of Cutler if something happens this season. Who replaces Melton? You have a free agent list a mile long with many defensive players on it and why not throw one of the better defensive tackles in it too?
If Melton's play does not improve, the Bears will not give him a huge contract. We will draft DL.


Ill say it again....really glad you arent anywhere near a front office Al. If they try and draft a DT they better hope he is better than Geno Atkins. Henry Melton will be too busy tearing it up with Rod Marinelli in Dallas. Not to mention drafting a position we really dont have a hole at takes away from another position we desperately need to fill.


If Melton doesn't improve (which i'm sure he will get back to his former self soon), than why would you give him a big contract? He has been alright, but he definitely hasn't been playing like one of the best in the game. Again, i'm sure this doesn't continue, but why pay a guy a huge contract that isn't playing up to the level he's getting paid?


See I'm not thinking about what if he doesnt improve because the guy he is playing like right now isnt him. We all know that and have seen it. He is going to get paid either from us or another team.

Why the F would we pay him like a top DT if he isn't playing like it?? Whether we "know he has in previous years" or not??? I'm glad YOUR nowhere near our Front Office. If you truly believe Phil Emery is going to pay Henry Melton what he will be over-payed in FA based off of what he played like a year or two ago, your a fool. He has literally been the 3rd best DT on our team, so let's stop this whole, "well if you think your gunna find a DT in the draft as good as Geno Atkins" blah blah, just stop. Emery has proven to be a stickler when it comes to scenarios like this. Melton WILL NOT GET PAYED $9-10 MILLION BY PHIL EMERY. PERIOD. There is a reason he wasn't a priority this offseason and resigned like Atkins was.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 11182
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
cody513 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Ill pose this question just like I do with the people all for getting rid of Cutler if something happens this season. Who replaces Melton? You have a free agent list a mile long with many defensive players on it and why not throw one of the better defensive tackles in it too?
If Melton's play does not improve, the Bears will not give him a huge contract. We will draft DL.


Ill say it again....really glad you arent anywhere near a front office Al. If they try and draft a DT they better hope he is better than Geno Atkins. Henry Melton will be too busy tearing it up with Rod Marinelli in Dallas. Not to mention drafting a position we really dont have a hole at takes away from another position we desperately need to fill.


If Melton doesn't improve (which i'm sure he will get back to his former self soon), than why would you give him a big contract? He has been alright, but he definitely hasn't been playing like one of the best in the game. Again, i'm sure this doesn't continue, but why pay a guy a huge contract that isn't playing up to the level he's getting paid?


See I'm not thinking about what if he doesnt improve because the guy he is playing like right now isnt him. We all know that and have seen it. He is going to get paid either from us or another team.

Why the F would we pay him like a top DT if he isn't playing like it?? Whether we "know he has in previous years" or not??? I'm glad YOUR nowhere near our Front Office. If you truly believe Phil Emery is going to pay Henry Melton what he will be over-payed in FA based off of what he played like a year or two ago, your a fool. He has literally been the 3rd best DT on our team, so let's stop this whole, "well if you think your gunna find a DT in the draft as good as Geno Atkins" blah blah, just stop. Emery has proven to be a stickler when it comes to scenarios like this. Melton WILL NOT GET PAYED $9-10 MILLION BY PHIL EMERY. PERIOD. There is a reason he wasn't a priority this offseason and resigned like Atkins was.

Isn't the fact that he was designated the team's franchise player this offseason an indication that he was the single highest priority amongst the team's UFAs?
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7292
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've obtained an exclusive video of Coach Frazier pumping J'Marcus Webb for inside info on the inner-workings of the Bears: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLiwTZiq_pg
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16755
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
I've obtained an exclusive video of Coach Frazier pumping J'Marcus Webb for inside info on the inner-workings of the Bears: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLiwTZiq_pg



Jay Cutler....is the quarterback.

Lovie Smith....got fired!





"I've made a huge mistake..." (My fellow AD fans will get that)
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19667
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
cody513 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Ill pose this question just like I do with the people all for getting rid of Cutler if something happens this season. Who replaces Melton? You have a free agent list a mile long with many defensive players on it and why not throw one of the better defensive tackles in it too?
If Melton's play does not improve, the Bears will not give him a huge contract. We will draft DL.


Ill say it again....really glad you arent anywhere near a front office Al. If they try and draft a DT they better hope he is better than Geno Atkins. Henry Melton will be too busy tearing it up with Rod Marinelli in Dallas. Not to mention drafting a position we really dont have a hole at takes away from another position we desperately need to fill.


If Melton doesn't improve (which i'm sure he will get back to his former self soon), than why would you give him a big contract? He has been alright, but he definitely hasn't been playing like one of the best in the game. Again, i'm sure this doesn't continue, but why pay a guy a huge contract that isn't playing up to the level he's getting paid?


See I'm not thinking about what if he doesnt improve because the guy he is playing like right now isnt him. We all know that and have seen it. He is going to get paid either from us or another team.

Why the F would we pay him like a top DT if he isn't playing like it?? Whether we "know he has in previous years" or not??? I'm glad YOUR nowhere near our Front Office. If you truly believe Phil Emery is going to pay Henry Melton what he will be over-payed in FA based off of what he played like a year or two ago, your a fool. He has literally been the 3rd best DT on our team, so let's stop this whole, "well if you think your gunna find a DT in the draft as good as Geno Atkins" blah blah, just stop. Emery has proven to be a stickler when it comes to scenarios like this. Melton WILL NOT GET PAYED $9-10 MILLION BY PHIL EMERY. PERIOD. There is a reason he wasn't a priority this offseason and resigned like Atkins was.


1. You need to calm down. I see your having another episode like after the draft.

2. He was franchise tagged...pretty obvious that he was a priority.

3. Where did I say we were judging him based on just last year? I'm just not having a melt down after 2 games.

4. Just stop because if we are going to get rid of a very good player his replacement should be just as good or better? I'm sorry I like my team to improve and be as as good as possible Laughing
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group